Status: Updates A.S.A.P ;D

Just an Awkward Mess...

chapter; 10

Leslie chuckled at her nickname. She turned around and saw John running quickly towards her. 

"Helloo Ms. Feisty. What's a beauty like you doing out here? I never see you outside."

She shrugged her shoulders trying to ignore the question. Leslie grabbed a hold of John's hand and quickly ran across the street to the small little neighborhood park. She walked over to the swings and sat down on one, waiting for Mr. O'Callaghan to reach her. 

He stood there for a second and finally realized that she wanted him to push her. He walked behind her and gave her a soft push. He continued to push her. A smile appeared on her face and soft giggle escaped her lips. John took that as an initiative to push her higher. He grabbed the sides of the swing and pulled walked backward, pulling her higher with each step he took. And he let go. 

Leslie kicked her legs back and forth, just like a little kid. 

John smiled and softly muttered under his breath, hoping that she didn't hear him, 

"God, she's beautiful."
 
"Thanks, you're not too bad lookin' your self."

She stood up from the swing and walked over to the see-saw. Her legs were way too long for it and she had to angle them to where she would be comfortable. She patted the seat across from her and motioned for John to sit there. 

"Tell me about yourself."

"Well, my name is John Cornelius O'Callaghan. I love to sing. School really isn't my thing,"

But if I get to see you every day, it'll become my thing.

"I tend to get in trouble alot. And I argue for no reason. Older brother's of pretty girls don't like me. And my favorite color is green. Now it's your turn."

"Well....my name is Leslie Alaina Montegro. My birthday is September 16th. My favorite color is orange. I am very shy. I am the exact opposite of my older brother, Peter. Yeh, you met him. He's an ass. I'm clumsy as fuck--"

John interrupted her,
"Such a dirty mouth."

She laughed softly and continued. 
"All I pretty much am is an awkward mess." 

Leslie walked into her house and kicked her shoes off. She wiggled her toes and yawned, deciding to gone eat something. She took a microwavable bowl of ravioli out of the cupboards and put it in the microwave for about 5 minutes. 

"So where'd you go?"
....
"Park."
"Why?"
....

"To swing, of course. And cool off a bit."
"Did you see any friends?"

"Peter, you know that I have no friends. What you really wanna ask is 'did you see John?'"

Silence filled the air. 
"Well did ya?"

"Yupp."

"Beep. Beep. Beep." 

Leslie grabbed her ravioli out of the microwave and ignored any further questions her brother had and walked out to the back patio.            
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is longer than most of my chapters, I think.
Anyways. Thanks to everyone who comments. Please continue.

For new readers,
comment. rate. subscribe. :)