Status: Updates A.S.A.P ;D

Just an Awkward Mess...

chapter; 5

"No."
"So, he's going to stay in jail?"
"Yup."

Leslie's mother always had a reason behind the things she did and the reason she was going to do this was to teach Peter a lesson. Leslie didn't know what her brother had done to be taken in. But obviously it was bad enough. Her mother sent her upstairs as she spoke to Leslie and Peter's father. 

Their father had left them 2 years ago for a younger chick. He was supposedly going through some "mid-life crisis" and he felt like his life was boring with 2 children and a wife who loved him dearly. It didn't affect Leslie. Sure, she loved her father to death, but she couldn't stand him. But it had really affected Peter. Like most sons, Peter looked up to his father. His father was his idol. But now that he had left them, he was simply nothing more than "Luke"

Leslie walked up to her room and began looking for a phone book. She saw the Yellow Pages and whipped her phone out. She began to search for the jail's number. Leslie dialed the number and waited for someone to answer. She heard someone pick up. 

"..."
"...."
"Hello?"
"Umm...yeh, my brother was arrested today and I was just wondering why."

"What's his name?"
"Peter Montegro." 

Leslie heard the shuffling of paper and file cabinets opening and closing. She heard the lady pick up the phone again. 

"Peter Montegro: He has been charged with possession of drugs. And the police are charging him for attacking someone."

Leslie had known her brother was on drugs. You could tell by looking at him and no one knew Peter better than Leslie did. But who did he attack. Leslie never knew him as a fighter, unless provoked. 

"Do you know who he attacked?"
"I'm not allowed to give out that sort of information."
"Okay, have a nice day."

Leslie sat there all night wondering who Peter could have possibly gotten in a fight with. And when she woke up, the question was still on her mind. 

But as soon as she walked into the school building and saw John with a black eye an and scrapes & scratches on him, she automatically knew who Peter had gotten in a fight with. 
          
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep. That's the fifth chapter.
I'm thinking about making chapter 7 the chapter where Leslie and John really talk & start to form the base of their relationship.

Anyways....
comment. rate. subscribe. :)