We’re Sleeping Through All Our Memories

Countdown

20

“It huuuuurts.” Pete winced, clutching with his hands over his aching tummy.

Patrick sighed and stroke Pete’s hair soothingly.

“I told you eating twenty pair of candy floss was a bad idea.”

19

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday little Patrick, happy birthday to you!”

Patrick stared at disbelief on the huge bouquet Pete held out to him. “Pete what-”

“There are nineteen roses, just as old as you are!”

18

Pete looked through his pictures on the computer, the still infamous Pete Wentz grin shinning in his face as he looked up at Patrick. “’Trick, how many times do you think I have kissed you on stage?”

Patrick spoke without thinking “Eighteen.”

17

Pete whimpered, clutching on to Joe’s arm not to fall down to the floor when the sweet angel voice continued to sing,

“What did I say?” Joe looked over proud himself.

“Fuck you.” Pete hissed and looked back up at the blond boy. “Why is the legal age for sexual intercourse seventeen in Illinois?”

16

“Joe, what the hell were you thinking?” Pete hit out with his arms while glaring at Joe.

Joe simply grinned. “Wait ‘til you hear him sing. You’ll love him.”

“He’s sixteen.” Pete snorted, “I doubt it.”

15

“But ‘Trick, he’s so adorable! Can’t we keep him?”

Patrick shook his head with a sigh doing the best to avoid the two both brown haired and brown eyed boy’s puppy dog faces, one of them much taller than the other.

“For the fifteenth hundred time, you. Can. Not. Adopt. Brendon!”

14

“You’ve been with us for two weeks.”

Patrick looked up at Joe, nodding slowly. “Yeah, and?”

“That’s half a month.” Joe continued, and Patrick nodded again. “That’s fourteen days.”

“Um, Joe? Is this leading anywhere?”

“Why do you get Pete more than me?”

13

Pete looked confused on the pale shaking boy lying in the end of their old van. “’Trick, are you alright?”

Patrick shook his head, “It’s Friday the thirteen today.”

“Aw, ‘Trick.” Pete sat down and petted Patrick’s hair. “Anything I can do?”

Patrick looked up with round eyes and a nod. “Hug me, please?”

12

“No.”

“Please please please with tasty cherry on top?”

“No.”

“They would look so cute, sitting and smiling when we-”

“For the last time Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third, we will not
adopt twelve Chinese babies!”

11

“Why Clandestine?”

Pete looked at Patrick as if he was a little green alien with purple hat. “’Trick, isn’t that obvious?”

Patrick shook his head, he saw himself as the one with most conmen sense in this slightly insane band, if not in the whole insane label, but this he did not get. “Tell me.”

Pete sighed impatient. “Clandestine is an eleven lettered word, just as Pete and Patrick when you put them together, PetePatrick. And it means secrete, mostly about marriage,”

“Wait, what?” We get married?”

“No, that’s where Clandestine comes in the picture.”

Still Patrick didn’t get it.

10

Pete looked quizzical on Patrick who simply raised an eyebrow.

“Dude,” Pete eyed Patrick. “How many hats do you own?”

“I don’t know.” Patrick shrugged amused, “Why?”

“That’s like the tenth hat I’ve seen you in, today.”

“You keep count?”

“I notice. At least when it comes to you.”

9

“Is this tour never going to be over?” Ryan winced, hiding behind Spencer’s back. “It feels like it has gone on for eternity.”

“It’s lasted for nine days Ryan.” Patrick commented amused.

“Pete drives me crazy.” Ryan wrapped his arm around his half asleep best friend. “How do you put up with him so much?”

“Anything for love. Unfortunately.”

8

With a sigh, Patrick looked at how Pete jumped into his bunk and hid under the cover.

“What have you done now?” Patrick asked with a sigh while Andy screamed Pete’s name from the top of his lungs.

Pete peeked up at him from under the cover. “I maybe accidentally have broken one of Andy’s spare drumsticks.”

Patrick raised an eyebrow. “One of-”

“Or maybe all eight.”

7

“Why won’t you forgive me?” Pete groaned with a pout face.

“You broke my glasses.” Patrick muttered, trying his best to focus on the dizzy silhouette of Pete to glare at him.

“I’ve said sorry a million times!”

“You said sorry seven times, and then you asked if I’ve seen your shoes.”

“Sorry twomillionfive times and one ‘I love you’?”

Patrick went silent. “You’re forgiven.” He sighed.

6

“Happy anniversary Patrick!”

Patrick looked up at the bassist. “Pete, we don’t have any
anniversary today.”

“Yes we do.” Pete wrapped his arms around Patrick and cuddled up close to him. “Today is precisely six years ago since I saw you for the first time.”

5

“Dude, we’re the only four member band in our label.” Pete commented, as if this really was something disturbingly important. Patrick just nodded and let out an agreeing sound. “Everybody else is five, or more.”

Like answering his prayers, Joe yelled from the kitchen area.

“Pete! Some band-ish like guys sent you like a message with two of their song-ish songs on your LJ. Panic... at the disco? How gay is that?”

Pete let out a happy squeal.

Patrick sighed.

4

“On the fourth day of Christmas my baby gave to me, a bondaged Patrick with rubber ducks in his-”

“Your baby gave you what?” Patrick shrieked and flew up in sitting position in his bed.

“You!” Pete cheered and hugged the shocked newly awake Patrick.

“That’s fine for me. Just forget about me in leather.”

Since then, Patrick never could look on a rubber duck in the same way.

3

Pete looked at Patrick with the world’s widest and happiest smile, stained sheets sticking on to his sweaty bossy.

“That was amazing.”

“Yeah.” Patrick breathed out.

“Just like the time before.”

“Yeah.”

“Wanna make it three amazing times?”

Patrick looked at Pete.

“Yeah.”

2

“...but two can be as bad as one!” Pete sang with a puppy-eyed look.

“Peter. Lewis. Kingston. Wentz. The. Third. We will not have a threesome with Ryan.”

“Crap.”

1

“Pete, you know what?” Patrick whispered while playing with Pete’s hair.

“No, tell me.” Pete whispered back, tightening his grip around Patrick so they were closer together.

“No matter how crazy you make me and everyone else I will always love you.”

Pete smiled sweetly and kissed Patrick softly. “I love you too ‘Trick.”

“After all I have to go through you better do.” Patrick smiled and kissed Pete back. “Happy one year anniversary babe.”