Not A Soul

Kellin.

I stare at the empty space, not sure if I’m happy with it or not. Then again, when am I ever happy with something? Besides for Curtie, I’m always happy about Curtie. Grunting, I spin around and walk out to head to graduation.

Graduation. The word feels weird on my tongue. I guess because I never expected that I’d ever make it. I thought one way or another I’d drop out but I guess that Curt has managed to force keep me from doing so.

Speaking of Curt, I pull up to his house with the car I borrowed from those assholes back at the trailer. I step out and walk up to the front door, not bothering to knock because Curt and his mom already know it’s me. Speaking of Curt’s mom, I think she still hates me but she’s been talking to me a bit more than she used to.

I look into the kitchen and wave to the room. Her smile seems forced but at least she’s trying. I walk up the steps and don’t bother knocking on Curtie’s door either. I just open it to see him pulling on a pair of pants. The way his face turns red makes me chuckle.

“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before, Curtie,” I tease, walking over to him to wrap my arms around his waist. His blush only seems to darken, not that I mind. It looks good on him.

“You could have knocked,” he suggests, throwing his arms around me. Stepping onto his tip toes, he leans up to press a lingering kiss to my lips. I smirk and pull him into my chest while nuzzling my head into the crock of his neck and grunting in response.

He scoffs and allows me to hold him for a few moments longer before pulling away to finish getting ready. He throws my robe at me and I groan at the sight of it but Curt and I already had this discussion. I had to sit through graduation with him instead of having my diploma mailed to me. Something about it being important to do it with everyone else…

Whatever. It’s just a bunch of fucking bull shit to me so I ask, “Remind me why I’m doing this again?”

“Because,” Curt replies, adjusting his robe and then my own. “I said so.”

I scoff. “I should just walk out for that.”

Curt grins. “But you won’t.”

I bite my lip because we both know it’s true. I’ll do whatever Curtie wants me to, as long as it keeps him happy. Fuck, I’m really whipped aren’t I? Maybe I should just go dig a hole and bury myself in it now instead of living through his humiliation.

~

“See! That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Curt asks, removing his robe. Mine was gone the moment graduation was over. It was probably the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever worn.

“It was absolutely terrible. I’m going to go home and slit my wrists now.”

Curt laughs at me and grabs my hand, squeezing it in his own. We only have a few hours together before his mom wants to take us both out to eat, as a graduation present I guess so I’ve decided now would be a great time to do it.

The two of us get into the car and I back out of the high school parking lot. Curt stares at our surroundings before asking, “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” I reply with a sly grin.

“I hate surprises.”

“I know.”

Curt grunts. “Sometimes you really piss me off.”

I grab his hand and bring it up to place a kiss on his knuckles. Out of the corner of my eye I see him blush and I know that I’ve won. Curtie sits silently beside me but when we pull up to an apartment complex he looks at me strangely. I shrug as if I have no idea what I’m doing and I hop out of the car, Curt does the same.

“Why are we here?” Curtie asks, looking around the rather busy city. I made sure it was in walking distance of the college campus and the mall, which I managed to get a job at.

“No idea,” I reply, getting a rather angry glare from Curt but I ignore it. The boy follows me inside and up to the second floor. He stares blankly at the door 4B and when I pull out a key to open it he gawks at me.

“You got an apartment?” He shouts, following me inside. When he realizes that it’s completely empty he doesn’t seem to be as shocked. “It’s empty…”

“I know.” I walk into the blank living room and turn to face him. Curt walks in and looks around. It isn’t that big of a place but for two people it’s perfect. I don’t know if Curt was starting to catch on or not so instead of waiting for him I decide to just ask now. “It only has one bedroom so we’ll have to share.”

Tearing his eyes from the hallway leading to the bedroom, he looks back at me with wide eyes. He just barely manages to catch the spare key I had made. Curt stares at the key like it’s the most interesting thing he has ever seen. I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing.

“We’re in walking distance from the campus. It’s about a 5 minute walk and I got a job at the mall so you don’t have to worry about that. It’s about 10 minutes away.”

Curt still hasn’t said anything.

I chew on the inside of my cheek and watch him. After what feels like an eternity, he looks up at me and asks, “You want me to move in with you?”

“You aren’t the brightest crayon in the box, are you?” I tease, smirking at the scowl on his face.

“Shut up or I’ll refuse.”

“No you won’t.” I walk towards him and wrap both my arms around him. Curt holds the key tight in his hand and grumbles something about stupid boyfriends, which I will let slide this time.

“I guess I can move in…since it’s obvious you need a decorator,” Curtie says with a grin that tells me just how excited he is that I asked. Sighing in relief, I lean in to press my lips to his. Immediately he throws his arms around my neck and applies pressure to our kiss. Our tongues dance together and when we both need air, we pull apart.

With his lips just brushing mine he mumbles, “I love you, Kelly.”

I can’t help but smile and reply, “I love you too, Curtie.”

Curt’s cellphone ruins the moment when it suddenly begins ringing. Both of us look at his jean pocket and slowly he takes it out to answer it, “Hello?”

From the other line I can hear his mom asking us where we’re at. Curt grins and rubs circles into my back. I rest my head in the crock of his neck and wait patiently for him to get off the phone. When he does he sighs and looks at me. “You know my mom isn’t going to like this.”

“I’m pretty sure she’ll be fine with it.”

“Why do you say that?” Curt asks.

I grin while placing a kiss to his neck. “I think she’s tired of hearing us.”

Curt’s face catches fire and he mumbles, “How thin are these walls?”

I shrug. “Who knows, I guess we’ll have to find out.”

And trust me, we definitely will.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!
I hope you liked it because I know that Emy and I definitely did
I'll miss our babies DX

Comment&Subscribe?