Lies and Broken Smiles

30

The next day Alice is on the phone of course asking me about my date.

"So what happened?" She ask excitedly.

I don't really wanna tell her, knowing she'll make a big fuss, but I tell her.

"We kissed..." I say softly.

Alice screeches "You have to come over and tell me how everything went!"

"Its not that big of a deal." I said

"Oh now Kaiden's gonna be sad."

"Why?"

"He likes you too, duh."

I feel bad for a few moments, I liked Kaiden too but I feel better with Dante.

"Well I hope we can stay friends, I like him to." I say

"He'll stay friends with you." I can hear her smiling "Now come over!"

I sigh say good bye and look for something to wear. I put on a white flowery tank top and some shorts, and then I'm ready to go.
Alice opens the door when I appear at her house 10 minutes later.

"So go into detail and tell me what happened.

"Nothing we went out to eat and then we kissed, there is nothing to tell." I say

"Oh please Cali, this is a big deal, act a little more excited will you." She says

Deep down I am excited but refuse to show it, I don't know why, but I don't like to show people when I'm really happy.
Alice is about to talk when my phone rings. I awnser it. It's a call from one of the places we put applications in calling for an interview. I am happy.

"I got an interview." I say excitedly to Alice.

"Me too, I was about to tell you when your phone rang."

"Where to?" I ask

"The most awesome store in the world Forever 21." She says. "What about you?"

"Its at a restruant, Macaronni Grill." I say funny if I get this I'll be working around food, but I'm still trying, I'm going to recover I won't let this ED take away joy from my life.

"Thats great. When is it?"

"Tomorrow." I say

"Good luck." She smiles

"Thanks. I wonder if anybody else got interviews?" I ask

"I don't know."

After I have to go back home I have another appointment with my therapist Chloe
I tell her about my deremination to get better and about my interivews that is comming, things are going good.

Its been 2 weeks and I've gained weight. I feel horrible, but I know I need to gain weight. I've figured out what I wanna do, I wanna be a therapist and help girls and boys that have eating disorders, but I worry it might trigger me I tell this to Chloe, she says that I can do it, but I must make sure I'm ready and have a strong support group. I am working on a support group I haven't told my friends about it yet but I'm ready to tell Dante, I think.