Like a Fairytale

Nine.

Image

I mentally cursed the fact that my birthday wasn’t until June, meaning I couldn’t drive. It was pouring down rain. Still though, I walked until I found my destination.

“Sweetheart, what are you doing here?” Miss Pattie exclaimed, ushering me inside.

I explained the whole story to her - my mom, Tanya, Dad, Rebecca, the fights, all of it. Then, I sighed. “I couldn’t think of any other place close to go. If you want, I’ll leave. I know…” I gulped. “I know I’m not good enough for Justin and all…”

“Ella, I haven’t seen Justin as happy as he is with you in years. You’re good for him,” Pattie said softly, before her motherly instincts kicked in. “Now, you’re all wet! Go dry off and find something of Justin’s to wear - he won’t mind - and then you can go to sleep in his room, okay?”

“Thank you,” I whispered, deeply touched by her kindness. I remember back on Halloween, when this whole thing started, when I wanted to know that his parents were good people so I would know that people like that still existed, and she was proof that they did.

I changed into a pair of Justin’s sweats, enjoying the smell, and had just sat on his bed when my phone rang. “Hello?” I asked, wondering who the hell could be calling me.

“Ella? Its Ashley Gregory,” Rebecca and Hannah’s best friend said quietly over the phone. “Listen, I’m so sorry. I have a lot of explaining to do.”

I sighed. “I don’t trust you, but go ahead.”

“Oh, I don’t expect you to trust me, not after what Hannah and Rebecca did,” She replied quickly. “But listen, Hannah’s been spying on you since school started. She heard you telling your friend Sam about how you were going to the ball to be Justin’s Cinderella, so at the ball, she spied on you guys to get the iPod combination, figure out what you two were talking about, all that. She could get Justin that way, and make you and Rebecca both mad. It was perfect to her, and that’s what happened.”

I gasped. “That’s how she did it!”

“Yep. I just had to go along with it, because, well, you of all people should know how Hannah can get…”

“Yeah, I do. Listen, Ashley, thank you for telling me that. I have to go though. ‘Bye.”

After hanging up, I just passed out in his bed, the shock from the day too much for me to handle. I knew he would be surprised when he came home, but hopefully, it would be a good surprise.

Image

“Hey, babe,” Justin said softly, brushing a lock of hair out of my face as my eyes opened.

I couldn’t suppress the smile that came on my face when I saw him. “Hi. Sorry I kidnapped your bed and clothes.”

He laughed. “Its fine, El. So, what happened?” I told him all about the fight between my father and I, and his eyes darkened with anger. “I’m so sorry.”

I sat up, leaning against the wall behind me. “Not your fault. So, yeah, I think I’m going to be staying here until the court legally emancipates me.”

“What’s that mean?” He question, sitting next to me.

“It means that I’ll have all the rights and responsibilities of a legal adult at this age. I’ll be able to get a job this young, drive, all of it. I’ll be responsible for what happens to me, and I’m the only one. I’ve been planning on get this down since September.” Yep, that was the end of this plan I’ve been telling you all about. I had some bumps along the way, sure, but the end result will be the same.

He nodded. “Seems entirely possible. How old do you have to be?”

“Fourteen,” I grinned. “So, I’m eligible. Oh, and hey, I have to give you something.”

“Okay,” He replied, his tone slightly amused.

I unhooked my necklace, took off the key, and handed it to him. “Justin, you’ve been the most amazing, supportive person this whole time, when you could’ve seen how messed up everything was for me and ran for the hills. You’re the only person I’ve ever wanted to give this to, and I want to have it.”

“Ella,” He said softly, taking the faded silver key. “I know how much this means to you… are you sure?”

“I’m sure about you,” I replied before giving him a soft, lingering kiss.

“You will always have a home here,” Justin whispered to me. “I promise.”

A small smile on my face, I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes. I was finally home.

Image

Things fell together really well, actually. Hannah’s father sent her to boarding school in Switzerland, so I wouldn’t have to deal with her anymore. Rebecca stopped being so catty, but I hadn’t talked to her since the fight. I was lived with Justin and Pattie until the emancipation paper’s went through, and I got a small apartment for myself and a job that paid well enough to support me. None of my family had tried to contact me, and neither had I. Justin was going on tour in the summer, and I was to go with him, maybe even open for him a few times. Who knows.

The future was mine for the taking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, the banner was made by alexis66, who I adore. Thank you.

Now, there's only one more chapter left. I know, I'm shocked too. My subconscious makes up the story, and then when I open word, it delivers it, so I never really know what's going to happen either lol. But now all that's left is the epilogue, which will tie everything together. I can't believe it.

I also can't believe that this is eight stars!!!!! I mean, most of my stories average out at about six, and MHIIYH was my very first ten star story, so this is a pretty big shock for me. Trust me, if this does hit ten, I will practically faint.

And yes, I do have an idea for a sequel. I don't know though; I really should work on the sequel for My Heart Is In Your Hands but I don't really have any ideas for that. Hell, I may delete the sequel. My story future is pretty unclear, I guess, but be on the lookout if you want. I do have a new, active story, C'est La Vie that I'll work on, but as far as writing, that's all I know. Maybe I'll co-write or something.

God, this was long. Sorry.
Feedback? :) <3