‹ Prequel: Trophy Eyes.
Status: updates whenever I can.

Long Distance.

four: first.

Aled loves days off, he decides, as he rolls over in bed again. He’s free to do whatever he likes.

That is, until Shay comes barging into his room and basically drags him out of bed.

“Get up! We’re hanging out with Alex, Jack, Andrew and Daniel today!"

Aled grumbles into his pillow and waves his hand in what he hopes is the general direction of Shay.

“Seriously, Al, get up.” Shay sighs, sitting on him. Aled squeaks and tries to roll over, batting at Shay as best as he can.

“Fine! I’ll get up!” Aled yells, finally pushing Shay off.

“Good.” Shay smirks, “Now make yourself look pretty.”

Aled rummages through his wardrobe once Shay leaves, finally deciding on a button-down shirt and skinny jeans.

He stares at himself in the mirror for a few seconds and plays with his slightly shorter than usual curls before deciding against straightening them.

He finally appears downstairs a few minutes later, and Josh turns to look at him.

“Damn,” The younger says as he swallows a mouthful of toast, “I’d tap that.”

“With a shovel?” Aled asks with a sigh, walking past him into the kitchen.

“Control your animal.” Aled demands to Shay as he makes a cup of tea. There’s only so much coffee one boy can handle.

Shay laughs a little and nods to himself before heading back to Josh.

*

“For the love of God, Dan, if you spend any longer in front of that mirror, I will kill you!”

“But my hair looks like crap!”

Andrew sighs and drags himself up from the bed and walks over to Daniel.

“It looks fine.” He says, moving a couple of strands of Daniel’s bangs.

“If you say so.” Daniel says, pulling a face.

“It’ll be fine. Are you going to say something to Aled?”

“I don’t know. I might.”

There’s a knock on the door, and whoever’s behind it doesn’t wait for an answer as they push it open and flop down onto Andrew’s bed.

“Morning!” Alex yells, which is swiftly followed by ‘Ow, Jack! Get off me!’

“Children! Behave.” Daniel says sternly as he enters the main room. He doesn’t even have to look at the two of them to know they’re doing something stupid.

“Hey!” Alex yells, pouting. Jack laughs, and kisses him gently. Daniel makes a vomit noise from the back of his throat.

“When you’re done making me hurl, we have to leave now.” Daniel says with a sigh. He’s nervous. Really nervous, actually.

“Dan, chill. You’ll be fine.” Jack comments, standing up and pulling Alex with him. Daniel gives him a small smile and picks up his keycard from the nightstand.

Aled is pacing up and down the sitting room, Josh and Shay watching him intently.

“Al, relax.” Josh says, for what he thinks is the fifth time. Aled ignores him and carries on pacing. Josh rolls his eyes and sinks further into Shay’s side. There’s a knock at the door and Aled looks up like a deer in the headlights.

“You stay with Daniel today, okay?” Shay says, standing up too. “We’ll deal with everyone else.”

Aled nods a little, making sure to pick up his wallet (and his glasses) before he gets the door. Jack beams at him and hugs him tight, mumbling a thanks into his shoulder. Aled smiles as Alex peels the younger boy away from him and slides an arm around his waist; he knew Alex would fix it properly. Alex gives him a small smile and Aled moves to let them by.

Andrew’s next, and he gives Aled a nod of greeting before walking past him.

Then it’s Daniel. He’s about to step through the door, but Aled gets there first and pulls him in the opposite direction, down the stairs and out onto the street.

“Uh, Aled? What are you doing?” Daniel asks, raising an eyebrow. Aled looks at him for a minute and bites his lower lip. He squeezes his eyes shut for a second and presses his lips to Daniel’s. Daniel freezes, and Aled pulls away. He looks at the floor and blinks back a few tears.

“Sorry.”

Daniel watches him sadly for a moment, as he stares at the floor.

“Aled?”

The Welsh boy lifts his head slightly to look at the elder.

“If it’s any consolation,” Daniel starts, biting his lip, “I’ve been waiting to do that for two years.”

Aled gives a small laugh, and a light blush spreads across his cheeks. He looks up properly, and flashes Daniel one of his adorable sideways smiles.

“That’s good, I guess.” Aled says quietly. “At least it means I wasn’t alone.”

Daniel laughs a little, and steps towards Aled. Aled smiles. Daniel reaches over and cups the Welsh boy’s face in his hands.

“I’m gonna kiss you now, if that’s alright.” Daniel says with a shy smile.

“That’s cool.” Aled replies with a small smile and blush spreads across his cheeks.

“Good.” Daniel says finally, before leaning in and pressing a kiss to the younger’s lips. Aled smiles –properly for once- and kisses Daniel back, moving his hands to the elder’s waist.

It’s gentle and soft and everything it should be, right down to the infrequent little flicks of tongue and the way Aled’s fingers press insistently but lovingly into Daniel’s sides.

Daniel pulls away for a second, but it’s just to look into Aled’s almost closed green eyes and blush, before reconnecting their lips.

Aled pulls back and rubs his nose against Daniel’s in an Eskimo kiss. He smiles.

Yeah, he thinks, I’ve missed this.

Apparently Daniel is thinking the same, because he gives Aled this cute little smile and laughs quietly from the back of his throat, pressing a kiss to Aled’s cheek.

And Aled smiles again, bigger this time, and for the first time in two years, it’s genuine.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took forever.
thank you for sticking around. ♥
also, on the subject of kigh, is anyone going to their november uk tour?
i'm going to the leeds met. date, so let me know if you are too. ♥