Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Apologies

Jayce

Mid afternoon rolled around and I was busy doing laundry in nothing but my underwear and a tank top. Music was blaring so I didn’t hear the knock at the door, until two boys entered the living room and one let out a low whistle.

My cheeks burned before I even turned around but my stomach dropped when I did. Of course it was Eric and Nick standing in my doorway. I frowned at the two and quickly grabbed a clean towel from the couch to wrap around my bottom half. “What are you doing here?”

Eric laughed. “I left some notes for a song around here the other day. Johno said he put them on the desk.” He continued to laugh all the way down the hallway.

I bit my bottom lip as the thick silence settled between Nick and I. I was terrified to move an inch for fear that the towel would somehow miraculously fall. Nick glared at me disgustedly.

“Is there someone hiding in the closet?” He sneered and I sighed. It was just a fucking drunken mistake.

“No, Nick. I’m a one guy kind of girl.” My tone was dry as I returned his glare.

Nick snorted. “Right.” He raised his eyebrows and turned his stare to the ceiling.

It was not a good day to push my buttons and Nick would have known that if he knew a single damn thing about me. There was no coffee in the kitchen when I woke up, no hot water when I went to shower, and I spilt orange juice on my last pair of good pants, hence the early laundry day. I was upset. Nick was just an easy target.

“What was that you said, douche bag? I couldn’t hear you over the sarcasm and extensive hair dye.” My insults were so much weaker than his. It was pathetic. I imagined we both would have ended up laughing if we hadn’t been actually fighting.

Nick looked completely shocked by my attempt at a comeback. Whether it was because of how ridiculous the words sounded or because he hadn’t expected a comeback at all, I didn’t know. His mouth opened and he just stared for a minute. Then he smirked.

“Is your new toy thirteen? Are you going to call me stupid head next?”

That infuriated me, for some unknown reason. “You asshole.” I groaned and threw my head back, almost dropping the towel.

“Does John know you talk this dirty to all his best friends?”

“Who told you he was your best friend?”

“Do you ever scream someone else’s name when he’s fucking you?”

“Fuck you!” I spat and came around the couch. I marched to the hall and opened the door. “Get the fuck out of my house.” I pointed and Nick shrugged.

“Technically it’s an apartment.” He said before stepping out. I slammed the door behind him as hard as I could. It didn’t help.

Eric came strolling down the hallway with a small smile on his face and paper clutched to his chest. He kissed my cheek and smirked. “Nice panties, by the way.” He winked as he opened the door.

“Not in the mood, Halvo.” I grumbled and locked the door behind him.

It’s just a fucking bad day. I shook my head and went back to my laundry. I shouldn’t have cared that I called him an asshole. Hell, he was an asshole since he got here, but then that was because he thought I was a cheating whore.

I couldn’t help the guilt that started to grow. It brooded in me all day. By the time John finally got home, I was exhausted just from beating myself up. I went straight into his arms for comfort.

“I’m so glad you’re home.” I scrunched my nose up as he so warmly hugged me. “You smell like wet dog.” I commented and he laughed.

“That’s because I bathed dogs all day.” He pulled back a little and looked down at me. I loved that charming smile and those dark green eyes of his.

“You’re weird.” I mumbled and tried to hide my smile in his shoulder.

“You love me.” He sang in my ear and then kissed it. I giggled and pushed him away.

“Go shower and then I’ll tell you how much I adore and love you.” He rolled his eyes and started down the hall.

I went to the kitchen and started to pull some popcorn out. As much as I didn’t want to be, I was still thinking about Nick. I felt terrible for throwing my anger at him, even if it didn’t seem to faze him at all. I sighed before pulling my phone out of my back pocket.

I tiptoed to the bathroom and stuck my head in. “I’m going to do some laps real fast, sweetheart. I’ll be back in about fifteen minutes. Don’t start the movie without me.” I warned and his charming smile appeared from behind the shower curtain.

“You should really join me in here instead of doing laps. I’ll burn just as many calories off you.” He smirked and I laughed.

“You’re a nerd, Johnny Boy.” I blew him a kiss because I knew the second I stepped within the distance of his lanky arms, he’d pull me into the shower fully clothed.

“Don’t leave me!” He yelled as I walked out of the room and toward the bedroom. I quickly changed into my suit and went back to the bathroom to grab a towel.

“Love you, John!” I shouted and he chuckled.

“Love you too, baby.” It was nice to hear that. I left with a smile. No one had ever told me ‘I love you’ until I met John. His friends threw love around like it was candy or condoms.

I tried to throw my thoughts away as I put my feet in the water. I lay back on the cement and stared at the dark sky. Arizona was beautiful. It was always beautiful. Sometimes it was hot, but I couldn’t imagine ever growing up somewhere else.

Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I groaned and screamed inwardly as I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the numbers. John had programmed Nick’s number into my phone earlier, for emergency purposes. My fingers typed can we talk in a new message and I sent it to him before I could think twice.

I was expecting a fuck no in response, but instead he asked where. I bit my lip and told him the apartment’s pool. I waited and anticipated. His red hair showed up over the fence and then the rest of his body did. He wasn’t smiling, nor was he scowling.

He sat down, a good four or five feet between us, and stared at the water. I turned to look at the water too. The lights under the water were still on and it made the water a bright blue color. I got lost in just staring as the silence stretched.

“Was there something you wanted?” I blinked hard and turned my attention to Nick. He had rolled his pants up while I hadn’t been paying attention and stuck his feet in the water as well.

I licked my lips as I tried to steady my thoughts. “I, uh, wanted to apologize.” His head snapped toward me and he eyed me suspiciously.

“Apologize?” He sounded disgusted and I sighed.

“Listen, what happened between you and I was a onetime thing. I love my boyfriend. To death. When you came here last time, John and I were in this really big fight. We were separated at that party for a reason. I was pissed and I was drunk and it was an accident that I even slept with you. I’m sorry for any false pretenses. I’m sorry I called you an asshole. I’m just sorry in general and I hope we can put everything behind us and just be friends.”

I pushed it all out at once. Nick looked surprised by everything that came out of my mouth. In fact, his mouth was slightly ajar as he stared at me. I noted that there seemed to be a lot of silences, stares, and awkward moments when Nick was around.

After what seemed like forever, he cleared his throat. “An accident, huh?” My cheeks burned and I dipped my head so that my hair would cover my face. “I’m sorry too.” I peeked through my hair but his gaze was on the water again. “For all the things I’ve said since I got here. I guess I should have talked to about it before I assumed. But, for the record, Halvo said you guys have been together for years and we hooked up only a few months ago.”

“Halvo and his big mouth.” I mumbled and then sighed. “John and I have been together for two years, but like I said, we were on a break when you came.”

“And you had sex with me on a break from your long term boyfriend?”

“Okay, can we just put it all in the past?” I pushed my hair back and looked at him desperately. I wished we could forget about everything.

“Sure,” Nick chuckled and grinned. I smiled automatically.

“Great.” I sighed with relief. “Well, I better go then. Lots of packing to do.” I stood up and laughed nervously. I didn’t like the way things were going anymore. My body wanted to scoot closer to him and that was wrong in so many ways.

Nick was taken aback by my suddenness and he stood up a little slower. “Packing for what?” He looked alarmed at the fact that I would be going anywhere. Oh, this is really bad. I need to leave now.

“8123, tomorrow. It’s a picnic party thing the boys do before I go home.” I shrugged and he frowned.

“Oh, okay, I’ll uh, see you tomorrow then.” His eyebrows scrunched together and his lips pressed together firmly.

“Yeah.” I nodded and bit my bottom lip. “Goodbye.” I smiled and maneuvered around him, snatching up my towel on my way.

“Sweet dreams.” He called and I cringed. A boy that remembers what I smell like, forgives me easily, and says sweet dreams. This doesn’t look good.

John was waiting on the couch when I got back. He was pretending to sleep and I giggled as I dropped my towel and jumped on top of him. He let out an oof and his arms wrapped around me.

“I thought you were going swimming.” He commented as his hands ran through my dry hair. I buried my face in his chest to hide the blush.

“Changed my mind.” I mumbled.

“Why don’t we get you out of this swimsuit then?” He asked seductively and I giggled again, lightly smacking his chest.

“It’s movie night.”

“And?”

“And I’d like to actually watch a movie and spoon with my boyfriend.”

“Fine.” John removed his hands from me and held them up in defense mode. “You change yourself and I’ll start the movie.”

“That sounds better.” I leaned up to peck his lips before quickly dashing to the bedroom. I didn’t need some guy to tell me sweet dreams. I had an amazing boyfriend who loved me. Why won’t Nick leave my mind then? “Shit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long guys : ( I really get no work done on the weekend.
hopefully this adorableness will make up for it.
has anyone else seen the Like We Used To video? Marissa and I both love it X D
Nick makes me melt in my socks.
xooxEmber