Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Defenseless

Jayce

“I told you dinner with my mom would be fine.” John wrapped his arms around my waist. I rolled my eyes and set the dirty dishes in the sink before leaning back into him. “You worried for nothing.” He kissed my cheek.

“I worried because I wanted to impress your mom. It wasn’t for nothing, trust me.” I placed my hands on top of his and sighed.

“My mom loves you, way more than she does Eric, and yet you freak out every time she comes.” He squeezed my waist as he leaned forward and leaned his chin on my shoulder. “Dinner was amazing by the way.” He left another kiss on my jaw.

“I put an extra ounce of garlic in it, plus I think a few drops of sweat fell in.” I smirked as he chuckled. “I even snuck in a bit of chili powder.” John kissed my neck and a chill ran up my spine as I bit my bottom lip to keep in giggles.

“Well, aren’t you mischievous?” He murmured against my skin and then nibbled on it. The giggles escaped this time and just as John started to sneak his hands up my shirt, someone cleared their throat from the kitchen entrance.

I pushed John’s hands away quickly as we both turned toward the noise. My stomach fell as we found Nick standing awkwardly in the doorway. He had a bag over his shoulder and a guitar case in his hand.

John laughed the tension he didn’t know existed off and then kissed my cheek again. “Come on man, I’ll show you where the spare is.” He clapped Nick on the shoulder as he led the way out of the kitchen and down the hall.

My eyes locked with Nick’s for about two seconds, but that was all it took. I shuddered and bit my lip hard as he turned around, following John. As if my nerves needed the extra exercise after Mrs. O’Callaghan left, now I would have to deal with John and Nick under the same roof.

My poor little heart had nearly given out when John had offered our spare, and it was no better now. Nick would be staying just two rooms down. My pulse increased as I leaned against the counter. There was still five weeks before tour.

“Babe?” I snapped from my daze and attempted a smile toward John. “Why don’t you wait till morning to do the dishes?” He winked as he came and replaced his hands on my hips.

I squirmed out of his reach and shook my head. “We still have guests over.” I mumbled and then turned back to the dirty plates I’d abandoned earlier in the sink.

“Come on, Nick won’t mind and we can kick Eric out.” I could hear him smirking as he started to inch closer. My body froze and I briefly closed my eyes.

“Not now.”

“Fine.” John sighed and gave me a kiss on the cheek before he left the kitchen. I frowned as I stared down at the soapy water and slowly started to wash the dishes.

I tried to keep my thoughts blank as I finished, but it didn’t exactly work. I kept repeating John’s voice in my head. Nick won’t mind. I was pretty sure he would. There was clear disgust on his face earlier when he’d walked in on John kissing my neck.

After the dishes I went out to the living room. Eric was still glued to the couch, watching some show on Cartoon Network. Both Nick and John were missing, and I hated to admit it, but I liked that. I sat down beside Eric and rested my head on shoulder.

“What are you still doing here, Halvo?”

He shrugged.

“I’m sure Natalia is missing you dreadfully.”

He gave me a weird look with his eyebrows scrunched upward.

“Is there something between you guys?”

He rolled his eyes. “Natalia is a great girl, but it’s not like that between us.” He explained and I smiled a little. The admiration was clear in his tone.

“Well, I would just like to say that you and her could make quite simply, the cutest couple ever.” I giggled as he rolled his eyes again. “I mean it. She’s really comfortable around you, for some unknown reason.”

“Yeah, she’s amazing.”

I smirked. “Does someone have a tinsy weensy crush on our new girl?” Eric glared at me again and this time I laughed. “I’m only teasing, doll. You know that.” I sighed and then stood up. “I’m off to bed. Don’t forget to turn the TV off and lock the door behind you pretty please.”

“Actually, I think I’m going too.” He clicked the TV off as I stretched and then poked my stomach. “Dinner was awesome. We’ll definitely be back soon.” He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

“Sure, sure.”

“Love you, Jayce.” He called and gave me a half hug before he slipped out the front door.

“Love you too, Halvo!” I yelled and smiled as I closed the door. I locked it and then tiptoed to the bedroom. John was sprawled out sideways with his arm hanging off the bed. I smirked and lightly pushed him over, throwing his arm over his chest. He groaned but kept his eyes closed.

I giggled and shook my head as I hurriedly changed into some pajamas. Then I tiptoed back down the hall to the bathroom. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I wiped my makeup off and washed my face too. By the time I was done, I was exhausted.

My nerves were shot and my body was worn out. I sighed and shut the light off before I opened the door. My eyes were half closed as well, which may have been why I wasn’t as perceptive as I should have been. I walked into a warm body that pushed me back into the bathroom.

The door clicked and I pouted, opening my mouth to protest to John again. My blue eyes raised and widened. “Oh no,” I shook my head and started searching for an exit. My heartbeat started back up like I was a freshman getting felt up for the first time.

Jayce,” Nick whispered my name and my insides melted. It was just the way he said it. His fingertips brushed against my neck and my whole body quivered. My head rested into his palm as he closed the space between us.

It seemed our kisses were getting more feverish. His hands gripped me tight, as if he were afraid I’d slip away, and I threw my arms around his neck to make sure I didn’t fall to the ground. My knees were weak as our lips pressed harder against each other and my back pressed against the wall.

Nick trailed small kisses from my lips, down my jaw line, down my neck, and settled on my collar bone. My eyes closed as my head fell back. He chuckled lowly and the sound gave me goosebumps. He lightly left a kiss on the tender skin between my collar bone and shoulder and then he straightened up.

It was pitch black and I could barely make out the form of his body, but I knew the smirk was there on his lips. I knew those mischievous brown eyes were twinkling. I bit my bottom lip and tried to act as if his touch did nothing for me, even when the exact opposite was true.

He laughed again, very softly and quietly, and cupped my cheek before placing another slow gentle kiss on my lips. Then he pulled away and ducked out of the bathroom, like nothing happened.

I stood stunned for a good minute or two, just staring into the darkness and leaning against the wall. My mind could barely process what had just happened. I stumbled from the bathroom and found the hallway completely empty. The whole apartment was eerily quiet. All the lights were off.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I went back to my room. The guilt took over my numb thoughts as I saw John still asleep on the bed. I frowned deeply as I lay down next to him, staring at his silhouette. He didn’t deserve this. I shouldn’t do this to him, but I was slowly starting to realize that I was defenseless against Nicholas Santino, and I think he was starting to realize it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jayce. we've hit ten stars my dears : ) I think everyone deserves a baskest of cupcakes and a few extra hugs; leave us a comment to share the love!
xooxEmber