Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Special Talk Time

Jayce

I woke up the next morning from a hand stroking my cheek. I furrowed my eyebrows before squinting my eyes open. John was staring back at me, lovingly, with a small crooked grin on his lips.

“Good morning.” He chuckled as I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

“What are you doing awake?”

“Watching you.”

I giggled a little and gave him a look before closing my eyes again. “That’s creepy.”

“I can’t help that you’re so gorgeous.”

“Shut up, John.” I muttered as I snuggled into the pillow, trying to hide the blush creeping into my cheeks.

“I love you, Jayce Lynn.” He kissed my shoulder and my stomach clenched. I turned my head to look into his stormy green eyes. That reassuring tone wasn’t in his voice anymore. It was just firm now.

I cracked a little smile. “I love you too, Johnny Oh.” He rolled his eyes then leaned in to kiss my nose.

“I’m going to go shower and then we’ll go out to breakfast. How’s that sound?”

“It’d sound even better if I get to shower too.”

“Okay, we’ll both shower and then hit up an IHOP.”

“Yeah, I think I can squeeze you in.”

“Smartass.” He mumbled as he kissed my lips softly and then rolled out of the bed. I watched as he gathered clean clothes and a towel before going to the bathroom. I bit my bottom lip as I slowly got out of bed. Nick would not be happy with me spending the morning with John.

I strode to my dresser and pulled out a set of my own clean clothes. I threw them on the bed and then stumbled out of the bedroom. The living room was empty and I guessed Nick was still sleeping.

I turned the TV on and flipped through a few channels before settling on a music network that was playing music videos. However, once more rap videos were coming on back to back I got sick of it and turned it off.

I let my eyes close for a few minutes before I felt lips on my forehead. “Falling asleep on me already?” John chuckled as he moved my feet so he could sit down on the couch too.

“I was just resting while you took your two hour long shower.” I exaggerated and he rolled his eyes as I got off the couch. “Please tell me you left me some hot water.”

“Maybe.” John smirked and I stuck my tongue out at him before walking back down the hallway to the bathroom.

My shower only took about ten minutes, but someone was already impatiently knocking on the door when I got out. I grumbled to myself and quickly wrapped a towel around me before opening the door.

Nick stood there, slightly smirking as he eyed my body up and down. I paused for a moment, frozen from shock, but then I politely pushed past him. “Bathroom’s all yours.” I mumbled and then bit my bottom lip as I caught his hurt expression from the corner of my eye.

Once I was finally in the safety of my own bedroom with the door locked, I dropped my towel and swiftly changed into my fresh clothes. I scrunched my hair with some moose and slipped on some sandals before going to the living room again.

John was just where I’d left him and Nick was now occupying the opposite side of the couch. I leaned on the back of the couch for a moment as I noticed both boys attention was glued to the television screen for some reason. I cleared my throat after a few minutes and John shot up.

“Oh, uh, we’ll be back in a little bit, man.” John put his hand out for a high-five/shake thing. “Want us to bring you anything?”

Nick glanced over at me with that glimmer of mischief in his eyes before turning back to John and shaking his head. “Nah, I’ll probably just go over to Halvo’s and make sure he’s keeping his hands to himself.”

“Alright, see you later, Nick.” John put his arm around my waist and pulled me toward the door. Nick rolled his eyes and went back to watching the TV screen. I ignored the feelings squirming around in my gut and leaned into John’s side as we walked out to the car. It felt like forever since just John and I had been together. There was always someone attached.

We reached IHOP in a comfortable silence. His hand tightly wrapped around mine as we got a table in the far corner. We sat side by side and I rested my head on his shoulder as we waited for our waitress. John looked through the menu and I glanced at it as I sighed.

He gave me a quick worried look that I returned with a smile. “So how were Adam and Andrea?” He glanced at me again and I frowned.

“She actually hung out with us. It was kind of weird, but in the good way. It’s nice to see there’s an actual person under that snobby bitch act.”

Our waitress approached the table and shot me a dirty look. John ordered for both of us and took my hand as the woman walked off with a disgusted expression. I was used to the sour faces when I was out with John. Girls were just jealous by nature, but fan girls were worse. I could handle a waitress hitting on him here and there.

“How are Adam’s final exams going?” John started up the conversation again and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“He’s acing them, like always. I will never understand why the boy gets so nervous around test time. He’s practically like a talking encyclopedia.”

“Andrea’s still in high school, right?”

“Senior year.”

“How’s that going?” He chuckled as he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I think it’s safe to say Adam got all the smarts.”

“Does that mean you got all the looks?”

“That’s cheesy John.”

“I know. How were your parents?”

I sat up and looked at him. “Why do you suddenly want to know how Mr. and Mrs. Devil are?” I suspiciously poked his ribs while he tried to grin and shrug nonchalantly.

“I was just wondering how your trip was.”

“It was alright.” I bit my bottom lip and turned my eyes to the table. Of course I couldn’t tell him about my amazing morning spent at the old country club or the gorgeous sunrise I watched or the butterflies I was refuting I ever felt. There was a weight that settled on my chest as I attempted to push away thoughts of Nick, for now.

John squeezed my hand. “I wish you’d talk to me.” He mumbled and I glanced at him confusedly. He sighed and ran his free hand through his hair, resting his elbow on the table. “I’m worried, Jayce. These past few weeks have been weird and it always gets worse when you come back from Phoenix.”

I swallowed hard. He had noticed something had changed.

“I’m not going to push you, but please, if something’s going on … talk to someone. It doesn’t have to be me, but I am here for you, Jayce. I always will be.”

My eyes started to sting as tears welled up in them. How could I ever cheat on him? John was too good for me. I knew that from the beginning, but this was just proof. I ran my thumb across the back of his hand and stared down at our intertwined fingers. “Thanks, John.” It sounded so lame, but I couldn’t respond any other way.

“I love you, Jayce Lynn.” He spoke softer and cupped my cheek with his free hand. He smiled a little and darted his eyes down to my lips as he inched closer.

“I love you too Johno.” I did my best to smile back as my insides squirmed some more. I kissed him back, but it wasthankfully cut short by the waitress coming back with our food. I finally had to let go of his hand as we dug into our food.

The rest of our conversation was full of tour talk. There was only about three and a half weeks before the boys would leave. I wasn’t so sure about going myself, but John would want me there with him. Ihated disliked tour. It was too hectic and too boring at the same time if you were not actually in a band.

Things got even worse when I found out that The Maine and A Rocket To The Moon would be touring together. I knew that they would be touring at the same time, but now it made sense. Being in Tempe with John and Nick was hard enough; add touring to that mix and crazy, bad things are going to happen.

I hid my worries and doubts from John the best I could. We finished our breakfast and then John paid. On the drive back to the apartment, I turned the radio up a little to kill the quiet.

“ … that is was him who took my place and I hope this makes you happy now that the flame we had is burning out … ”

I bit my bottom lip as I quickly switched from the CD player to the radio. I tried to push away the blush that certainly creeping into my cheeks as John subconsciously tapped his fingers against my hand to the tune. How ironic that those lyrics would play as we got in.

I gave up on distracting myself and just closed my eyes for the remainder of the drive. When we got out of the car and started up to the apartment, John put his arm around me, pulling me close to his side. I frowned and wrapped my arm around his waist.This isn’t right anymore.

Nick was still on the couch, almost in the same position we’d left him in. He grunted in response to our greeting and mumbled something about suspicious behavior over at Eric’s. John sat down in his previous spot as I continued to the kitchen. I pulled out a few things for dinner and then sighed as I dragged my feet back out to the living room.

I sat on the middle cushion and cuddled up to John’s side, curling my feet under me. My whole body was on fire as I felt the tension coming from Nick. He would glance over at us every now and then, an indescribable expression on his pretty features. John continued to talk to Nick as they commented on how boring TV was nowadays. I remained quiet.

About the time the boys had finally agreed to put a movie in, Nick announced that he was going outside for a smoke. He gave me a long look as he hesitated in the doorway.

“You know, I think I’ll join you. Why don’t you pick the movie, Jayce?” John kissed my cheek as he gently pushed me off of him. I nodded as I watched him get up and walk out the door with Nick. Just one little slip of the tongue on Nick’s part could send my whole world crashing.

I ignored the impulse to watch them through the front window and went to kneel down in front of the entertainment center. A few glances through the movie titles and I smiled to myself as I pulled out my copy of Phantom of the Opera. Both boys would absolutely hate it.

Then I went into the kitchen to grab something to drink. By the time I re-entered the living room with my Coke in hand, Nick and John were coming back through the door. Nick smirked at me as he winked and took his seat again. I uneasily smiled back before turning my eyes to John, who was walking toward me with a slight frown.

“I’ve got to go babe.” He pulled me to his chest and hugged me. I could just barely see Nick over his shoulder as he rolled his eyes dramatically and scoffed silently. I buried my face in his shirt after that and closed my eyes.

“Why?”

“Well … Kenny and I have to … do some stuff.” There were way too many pauses in that sentence for something not to be up. I pulled back slightly and raised my eyebrows at him.

“What kind of stuff?”

“Stuff.” He shrugged, obviously trying to be casual. I decided to let him have his secrets.

“When does he want you?” I hopefully stood up on my tiptoes and brushed my lips against his with a small smile. John sighed.

“Now.”

I groaned and went back on my feet. “This is crap for the record. Kennedy gets all of your attention when you have band practice.” I walked out of his arms and folded my own over my chest.

“I know, babe. But it’s important.” He scratched the back of his neck which was a sure sign that he was uncomfortable. I pouted for another second before I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, I’ll walk you out.” I let my hands fall to my sides as I started for the door. John followed silently since apparently he’d already said his goodbye to Nick. We also walked out to the car in silence. I frowned as I leaned up against his car and stared at the ground. I didn’t exactly want to be left alone with Nick.

“Stop making that face, Jayce. Please?”

“I’m not making a face.”

John chuckled as he stepped closer and cupped my face in his hands. “You are so stubborn, Nolan.” He shook his head as he leaned forward. “But I don’t know what I’d do without you.” He whispered before pressing his lips to mine ever so lightly. Then he rested his forehead on mine.

“Same here, O’Callaghan the fifth.”

He smiled faintly but then it vanished as his hands dropped to my sides. He pushed me against the car a little as he bit his bottom lip. Then those mossy green eyes bore into mine and I swallowed hard. “You know, maybe you could talk to Nick while I’m gone.”

Oh god.

“You guys could get to know each other a little better and vent to each other.”

What the hell?

“You should talk to someone, and maybe a third person’s point of view would help.” He suggested but I could see the sadness brewing in those amazing eyes. It was hurting him to push me on someone else and I was pretty sure I knew exactly who was pushing him to push me.

I covered up my anger with a little smile. “Maybe.”

John sighed but nodded as he stepped away from me. “I’ll be back some time this evening. Love you.”

“Love you too.” I waved and waited until the car was long gone before I stomped back to the apartment. My hands were clenched in fists as I stepped into the living room. Of course Nick was still were we’d left him. I walked right up to the back of the couch and smacked the back of his head.

He cursed loudly and rubbed the spot I’d hit as he glanced back at me. “What the hell was that for?”

“You told him I should talk to you!” I screeched and his smirk returned.

“I just simply stated that someone’s outside opinion by be better than his clouded vision.” Nick shrugged and relaxed against the couch again.

“You are such a bastard right now. I don’t even want to look at you.” I glared and then turned on my heel, stomping to the kitchen. My shoulders fell forward as I realized I’d left my Coke in the living room on the coffee table. There was no way I’d go back out there now, so instead I leaned over the sink and closed my eyes.

It wasn’t long before I heard the footsteps following me. They stopped just behind me and it got quiet again for a few minutes. Then his warm hands rested on my hips and his soft lips brushed against the back of my neck. I shivered involuntarily and he chuckled before lightly trailing kisses from one side of my neck to the other. I shivered again before I finally gathered the strength to step away from him.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Making you not-mad at me.”

“And if John just walks back in? You know, he could have left something or told Kennedy he couldn’t go. We can’t just randomly do this in the open.”

“He’s not coming back.” Nick spoke cockily as he took his phone from his pocket and set it on the counter. “At least, not until he gives me a call. Because he really doesn’t want to disrupt our ‘talk’.”

“You really are an asshole.” I muttered and he rolled his eyes, reaching out to hook his finger in my front belt loop and pull me forward.

“Stop being a prude and god damn kiss me.” He smirked just before our lips crashed together and my anger fizzled out completely. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he slipped his hands under my shirt. His thumbs rubbed at my hips bones while I twirled little pieces of his hair around my fingers.

He broke apart from me first, taking those addictively sweet kisses down my neck slowly. It made it hard to focus on anything other than him, which was probably his motive. I tilted my head to the side and closed my eyes. “You know this isn’t going anywhere.” He suddenly pulled away and I pouted as I opened my eyes again to look into his hazel ones.

His smirk just seemed to get wider. “It’s just a little fun.” I arched one eyebrow at him and stood back on my heels. I hadn’t even noticed myself go up on tip toes just to be closer to him. “We’ll see who makes who moan first.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re like a thirteen year old boy.”

Nick winked before quickly attacking my neck. It wasn’t just sweet gentle kisses anymore. He would suck on a spot and then nibble at it, both getting more hard as he continued toward my collar bone. I gasped loudly and then bit my bottom lip. There was no way I was going to let him win.

Just as his lips brushed against my collar bone, I pulled him forcefully back to my lips. One of his hands slipped around to my back and crept upward some. I giggled as I traced my tongue against his bottom lip and tugged on his hair a bit. In response he slipped his other hand to my back and raised both hands higher so that my shirt was scrunched up around my chest.

He broke the kiss with that devilish look in his eyes. I knew what he wanted and I knew I could probably use it to my advantage so I raised my arms above my head and let him slowly push the shirt all the way up and off of me. There was a blush rising to my cheeks as he obviously stared at my chest. I replaced my arms around him and kissed him as I jumped a little to wrap my legs around waist.

Nick chuckled as he slid his hands under my thighs and hoisted me up. Our lips moved together fiercely as he started to carry me toward the living room. He stumbled into something though and then we both fell, luckily on the couch, me on my back and him hovering over me. We were both laughing as the stereo turned on and the speakers blared my old S Club 7 CD.

“What the hell is that?” He looked over at the stereo with a mixture of distaste and confusion. I subsided my laughter to giggles and pulled him down by his collar. Our kisses were easily becoming more intense. I trailed my hands down his chest and started on the buttons of his shirt. He chuckled some as I took it off and threw it somewhere.

I glided my fingers over all of his newly exposed flesh and suppressed more giggles as he continuously shivered from it. He unfairly pulled his lips away from mine though and kissed down my jaw. I knew I wouldn’t last long if he started back on my neck so I skillfully maneuvered around so that he was lying beside me. Then I effortlessly straddled his waist and smirked.

“My turn.” I muttered in his ear and then kissed it. Nick tensed underneath me and it made my smile widen. I glanced briefly at the tattoo that reached from shoulder to shoulder on his chest before I trailed my fingers across it. He shivered again as I attached my lips to his neck. I was mostly biting him and by the tight grip he had on my waist, I could tell it was getting to him.

I slowly licked from the bottom of his neck all the way up to just below his ear and that was it. Nick groaned loudly as his hips arched upward. I giggled and sat up, staring down at him victoriously.

“I win.” I chirped and he glared at me before reaching up to lock his hands behind my neck. He pulled me back down into another passionate, fast-moving kiss that I melted into. I don’t know how long we were kissing before I heard the squeak, but me being the paranoid freak I am, I quickly pulled away from Nick and sat up, looking over toward the noise.

My eyes widened as my mouth opened. Natalia was standing in the doorway, staring right back at me horrified. My cheeks were burning as Isomehow fell off of the couch. She made the squeaking noise again as Nick sat up. She probably hadn’t seen him until then because of the back of the couch, but we were screwed now.

Natalia snapped out of the shock first and ran out of the apartment. The slam from the door helped me snap out of it too. “Oh god.” I muttered and scrambled for something to cover myself up. “You didn’t even lock the door!” I whined and then smacked Nick’s arm.

He finally turned to me, his features showing his confusion. “I thought you would have locked it when you came back up.” He shrugged and just sat there.

“What are you doing? Go talk to her!” I shouted and pointed toward the door.

“Yes.” Nick widened his eyes as if he’d just realized what she walked in on and who she could tell. He stood up hurriedly and headed straight for the door.

“Put your damn shirt back on first!” I yelled exasperatedly. My heart was beating way too fast. My breathing was irregular too and I was trying so desperately to get both to a normal rate.

Nick turned toward me and smiled. “I can’t. You’re wearing it.” I glanced down and frowned. Of course I’d grabbed his shirt when I was looking for something to put on. His shirt was the only thing in the whole room. Idiot. I closed my eyes and lost it. I was hyperventilating and probably close to passing out. I felt the warm familiar hands cup my face gently. “Jayce. Calm down.” He instructed but it wasn’t that easy.

“Ca— … c— … ” I shook my head, unable to get any full words out.

“Jayce!” My name came out in such agonizing fear, I managed to open my eyes and lock them with his. “Focus.” He calmly spoke as he inhaled and exhaled with his mouth, trying to get my own breathing to a slower pace.

Finally it worked and I rested my forehead against his as my eyes closed again, this time because of how tired I suddenly was. “Thanks.” I whispered.

“Just stay calm. I’ll talk to her. Everything will be alright.” He pulled away and kissed my forehead. He grabbed another shirt before leaving.

I stood frozen in my spot for a while after he left. I don’t know when I started crying, but when I finally unfroze I could feel the tear tracks drying on my cheeks. I went to the kitchen first, to retrieve my own shirt, and then back to the bathroom to wash my face and switch shirts.

My hands were trembling as I returned Nick’s shirt to the guest room. I sat back down on the couch and stared at the black TV screen. The music had long ago stopped playing and the entire apartment was quiet. I sat and waited for my whole world to crumble around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jayce. for the record ... Jayce had a panic attack. they are not fun and if you get them often it is considered a medical condition. I would know because at the sweet age of fourteen, I was labeled with Panic Disorder. it's really not fun, but with time and a really great friend to help you through it, it is conquerable.
the song quoted belongs to Mayday Parade : ) If You Wanted A Song Written About You, All You Had To Do Was Ask; one of my personal favorites.
this is the lovely song and band that interrupted Jayce&Nick. does anyone honestly know who S Club 7 were? I mean, personally, I was in love with their show and watched it every day when it came on abc family. Jon ( the only blond boy ) was my favorite X D though Paul ( the brown haired boy ) was funny too. I think Tina's somehow related to Billie Piper.
anyway...I liked this chapter : ) it was interesting. John was sweet and Nick was ... Nick. lol, oh I love this story! I hope you guys too and maybe you can leave some love over in the comments section? Santino would enjoy it very much ; )
xooxEmber