Sequel: Back 2 Good
Status: Finished! Look for the sequel soon! :)

Mutiny Below

Questions

"Nat, are you coming with us?" Nick asked as his head appeared in the crack in my door.

"Where are you going and who's 'us'?"

"To get lunch. Me and Halvo."

"Oh. Okay, sure."

I marked the page I was on and set my book on the nightstand then went to get my shoes before meeting them in the living room.

Eric grabbed my arm and dragged me to the car, whining about how much he was starving. Of course we settled on the diner again. It was probably the place we ate most out of every restaurant in town.

I got into the booth first and Nick sat to my left with Eric to my right. The entire time we were there, Eric and I were talking about pretty much everything but Nick sat quietly and ate, mostly ignoring us. I wondered what was up with him and I figured it had something to do with Jayce but I couldn't ask with Eric sitting right there.

After we finished eating, Eric decided that we should go to the mall for absolutely no reason at all. We didn't do anything when we got there. We just meandered.

"How much longer are we going to walk around?" Nick asked annoyed.

Eric shrugged his shoulders and we kept walking. I looked up at Nick who was frowning but then his phone buzzed with a new text and his whole face immediately lit up. I had a feeling it was Jayce and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Eric?"

"Yeah, Nat?"

"I think you should carry me."

"You do, huh?"

I nodded and he smiled, stopping where he was and bending low to let me hop onto his back. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and he grabbed my legs then kept walking.

"Nat, you don't have to hold on so tight. I won't drop you."

"Sorry," I mumbled into his shoulder. He squeezed my leg and chuckled.

Nick seemed to be in a better mood but he was now eyeing me alot. Every time I looked over at him, he would quickly look away. I just shrugged it off and went back to concentrating on not falling off of Eric's back.

We eventually made it back out to the car and left the mall but Eric had to stop for gas on the way home. As soon as he got out of the car, Nick turned around in his seat to look at me.

"Nat, are you sure you don't like Halvo?"

I groaned. "Nick, seriously! How many times am I going to have to say no before you believe me?"

"I know you say that, Nat, but like I said before, you're really....friendly with him."

"Oh my God, I can't believe we're having this talk again."

Eric opened his door and Nick and I both shut up, putting on smiles.

"You guys want anything? I'm gonna go get a slushie."

"No thanks."

"Yeah, I'm good."

He shut the door back and went inside the store and Nick focused on me again.

"Nat, I'm just asking."

"And I already told you a million times that I do not like Eric that way!"

The driver's side door opened again and Eric got back inside, offering me some of his slushie. I shook my head and sat back in my seat and he looked between Nick and I.

"What'd I miss?"

"Nothing," I answered immediately.

He gave me a strange look but shrugged and turned around to put on his seatbelt.

As soon as we got home, Nick left. I had no idea where he was going but I didn't get a chance to ask him before he was out the door.

Eric and I spent the next two hours playing Guess Who until it was time to leave to go to the parking lot. Nick never came back so I assumed he found another ride. Eric and I were the first to arrive after Tim, Jared, and Pat but it didn't take much longer before everyone else came. Nick had managed to come with John and Jayce and I wondered why he'd even put himself through that.

The alcohol quickly came out, along with the guitars. I guess Jayce still wasn't healed up so John was by her side every second, making sure she was okay and waiting on her hand and foot. I found myself just watching them. I was admittedly jealous of her and I was still mad at her for what she'd done and I guess it all showed on my face because Eric nudged me with his elbow.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Fine, why?"

"You look tense."

"Do I?"

"Yeah, you do."

"Oh....I'm fine."

He raised his eyebrows at me but didn't say anything else. I tried to not watch John and Jayce anymore and finally just walked away from where everyone was. I went around to where the cars were parked and leaned up against one, crossing my arms over my chest. The sun was just beginning to set and I tried to focus on it instead of feelings that I didn't need to be having.

"Ever see a sunset like this back home?"

I looked over my shoulder to see John slowly walking around the car. He came to a stop beside me and leaned against the car as well.

"No, never."

"I've been alot of places and I still think Arizona still has some of the best sunsets."

"I've been pretty much nowhere but I'd have to agree."

"So what's on your mind?"

"Nothing important really."

"So that's why you're standing all the way over here by yourself?"

"Where's Jayce?"

He just looked at me for a moment before motioning over to where she was sitting in a lawn chair talking to Kennedy and Gemma. She was smiling but she didn't look happy. To me, anyway.

"Nat?"

"It's nothing worth mentioning, John. Really."

"Well, it must be if you're isolating yourself from everyone."

"How about you just change the subject?"

He gave me one of those crooked half smiles and I had to focus on my shoes instead of looking at his gorgeous face.

"Alright, alright, I get it."

Tim yelled for John across the lot and I really wanted to hurt that man. John and I both turned around to look at him and we were met with the eyes of every single person there. My cheeks were no doubt turning a nice shade of pink as we walked back over to where everyone was. As soon as I reached Nick, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back over to where no one was.

"Natalia Arabella, don't you dare lie to me this time."

"What now, Nick?"

"You like John, don't you?"

"What? No! What is up with you today?"

"Natalia, I was just watching you. I know you like him."

"I do not!"

"Come on. Just tell me the truth."

"Nick, I really wish you'd stop this. It's getting annoying."

"I'm your brother. You're supposed to tell me these things!"

"You're supposed to believe me when I tell you something too."

He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "Nat, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yes, Nick, I do. Now can you drop it? Please?"

I quickly made my way back to Eric before Nick could do aany more accusing/being nosey. He gave me a look as he rejoined the group but I ignored him and buried myself in Eric's side. I refused to look at Nick or John anymore.

I was pretty sure I'd just completely given it away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Natalia.

So sorry it's taken so long! We'd love your opinions, thoughts, and comments though :D