Status: Active, *comments greatly appreciated

Alone In This Bed

23 Days

“Lee, I love you too,” I sighed and looked into his bright blue eyes; he was searching my face for some kind of expression. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what he was looking for.
“Remember that party last year? When we kissed? Curtis got all mad at me and you?” Lee asked his voice low in his throat.
“Y-yeah,” I stuttered, tears pricked at my waterline and that painful tingling sensation overcame my face. Lee looked at me oddly. “That was the first time Curtis hit me.”
“He hit you? What do you mean he hit you?” Lee’s voice raised and I backed up a little bit. That’s how Curtis sounded before he’d hit me.
“He slapped me Lee, then he took me home,” I wiped a tear from under my right eye, “then he made me have sex with him, he was rough and mean.”
“Did he rape yeh?” Lee whispered stepping forward and taking me in his arms.
“I don’t think so. I wanted to, but he was just so mean about it,” I sniffled. Lee’s hand soothingly ran down my spine as he pulled back a little bit, he pressed his soft lips against my forehead.
“I’ll never do that to yeh,” Lee breathed against my forehead. His breath was hot and smelled of mint and citrus.
“Lee, don’t go tonight. Please stay,” I begged softly tightening my grip around his torso. He nodded and pressed his forehead down against mine. Lee may have been short but he was a couple of inches taller than me. His bright blue eyes pierced mine and I couldn’t seem to look away.
“Love, I well, um, nevermind,” Lee was at a loss for words. I giggled at his cute ways, he blushed and smiled at me.
“Go on Lee, it’s okay.”
“It’s too soon Tayleh, too soon to be asking for you to be mine,” he closed his eyes as he spoke softly.
“I agree,” I sighed knowing Lee was hurt, “but Lee, I know you’re a good guy so I could make an exception.
***
My lease would be up in two weeks, it has been six months since I had seen Curtis. Six months since I’ve been with Lee. He was coming over today, I was excited and I quickly hurried around the flat picking up and straightening things. I walked back into my room and threw on one of Lee’s sweaters over my bra and slapped a beanie on the back of my hair. I looked in the mirror, Lee always says I’m beautiful. I don’t see it. My face is too round, my thighs touch, and I’m chubby, but he says I’m perfect. I ran my fingers through my long dark red hair. I loved my red hair, it suits me better. I dyed it while Lee was up at his parents. My hair looked wavy today; I made it look that way with my curling iron. It still almost reached my waist. Lee loved my hair, he enjoyed messing with it even if it wasn’t all mine.
Lee knew I was extremely self conscious, he always tried to do everything he could to make me feel good about myself. I felt pretty today, at least. I heard a knock at the door and smiled as I rushed to it. I opened the door and Lee wasn’t in front of me.
I looked up to the tall lanky boy, his murky green eyes looking back at me. I glared. How was I supposed to deal with him?
“I think you better leave,” I stated rudely, “Lee doesn’t want you around here and neither do I.”
“I wanted to apologize for my stupid behavior, I love yeh,” he murmured.
“I don’t love you,” I growled, “too late to apologize for yelling at me, hitting me, and making me have sex with you.”
“It was the drugs! Yeh know that!”
“Go Curtis,” I stated calmly, “I’m never going to get back with you, ever.”
“Whatever yeh just a slut, I could go pick one of yeh up at an H&M.”
I waited and watched as he walked out to his car, I waited for Lee. After a few minutes Lee’s car appeared in the drive and he walked up to me. Lee greeted me with a simple kiss and embraced me.
“Baby, I know yeh lease is almost up and we’ve been dating for a while, so do yeh wanna move in with me?” Lee held me close and looked into my eyes.
“Yeah, I would. With you and Godfrey?”
“Yep, but he’s never there really,” Lee chuckled. I kissed lee one last time and hugged him tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is shit, i'm sorry. someone asked for an update so yeah. probably won't carry on with it. but i have a great idea for another story and I think I might change mibba accounts.