‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Sydney Maxwell

Sydney Maxwell was tired. But she had to look awake for her shoot. And the shoot had to be on time, because there was a shoot right after hers. She walked in, sweatpants and a hoodie adoring her body.

“Sydney Maxwell. Ah darling, I’m so happy you’re here early.” She grinned and hugged the visual director, Markus. “Of course I am.”

“Ready for hair and make-up?” she nodded and walked over to the stool. “Okay. Well we’re going to do your hair first, our make-up artist is running a little late, not her fault though. We told her the wrong time.”

“That’s okay.”

A few minutes later, a girl came in hurriedly, a coffee in her hand. “Sorry I’m late.” She said. Sydney had her eyes closed, but the voice sounded familiar.

“That’s okay, V. We booked you for the next shoot too right?”

“Yep.” The girl was now in front of Sydney and the green eyed girls eyes widened when she laid eyes on the girl.

She didn’t say a word as she started to do Sydney’s make up. Sydney was actually a little afraid to say anything to the girl, because she knew that she had a cutthroat way of dealing with people. She knew that V could rip her a new one, and she didn’t want a scene. “Don’t worry Sydney; she isn’t much of a talker.” Sydney raised her hand to acknowlage she heard him, and then closed her eyes so that the make-up artist could put the base on her eyelids.

“V, darling, can we put on some music?”

“Of course. Just none of that rap stuff.” There was a laugh, “Of course.” The music that began to play was Gorillaz and Sydney inwardly smirked. Gorillaz was one of V’s favorite bands.

Sydney opened her mouth to talk, but at the stern look of the girl she shut it again. She knew that the girl wasn’t going to let her speak.

Once her make-up was done, Sydney changed. During her shoot she could see V. Sydney noticed that she had gotten paler, leaner and her hair was much longer, and all black. She was wearing a pair of purple shorts, the black make-up artist apron over the front and a white paint splattered v-neck shirt. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and she was tapping her pointer finger on her arm. She wondered what the tattoo that she and Zack shared looked like, the thought just randomly coming to Sydney’s head. The girls blue eyes were cold and hard every time Sydney’s own green ones met them.

Sydney knew that the girl was mad at her, and she could only guess it was because of Alex. After she was done, she tried to talk to the black haired girl. “I’m sorry...okay?” the girl didn’t say anything, just got out more base colors. “Look, I just want-”

“I have to get ready for the next shoot, Sydney.” She said her voice cold. Sydney sighed, but couldn’t leave yet. So she went and sat in a different room. This wasn’t something that she had expected when she got up this morning.

“So...Miss V,” Sydney heard Markus say. “When are we going to meet your man?”

A laugh was heard, and Sydney perked her ears up. She was curious as to if she and Zack were still an item.

“He’s shy.”

“Is he yummy?” another laugh.

“I’ve never referred to him as ‘yummy’.” She laughed again, this time the hair guy and Markus joining in, “But I find him to be very...well mine.”

“Ohhh girllll. You gotta bring him by next time.”

“You may see him soon than you think.”

Just then a few pairs of feet were heard. Sydney snuck into the room, to see all four of the All Time Low boys standing around. But Zack wasn’t even looking at V. “Maybe they did break up.” Sydney said softly to herself.

Alex was the first in the make-up chair, followed by Jack and Rian. Zack hopped into it, and when no one was looking pulled the girl to him, and pressed a kiss to her lips. She tangled her fingers in his hair, and kissed back just as passionately.

“Ohhh girlllll, you’re boyfriend’s gonna freak out when he finds out about that.” Markus said walking into the mirrored area, a smirk on his lips.

“Nah, I don’t think he’ll mind.” She looked Zack and Sydney saw her wink at him, “In fact, I think he thoroughly enjoyed it.”

“Ahhhh.” He said eyeing the two, “This is your boy toy.” The girl laughed at Zack’s expression, and Sydney felt a smile pull at her lips as well. She was glad that the two were still happily together.

“I’ve never called him my boy toy.”

“Well whatever you call him, you’d better do his make up fast. I wanna get out of here before six!”

The girl did his make-up quickly and he gave her a quick kiss. She watched the shoot, which meant that Sydney didn’t see them. A few hours later, the group left, and Sydney came out of her hiding spot.

“Where’d you run off to? I thought you’d want to meet those band boys?”

“No thanks. I wanted to catch some Z’s.”

“Ah, haven’t been sleeping well?”

“Not really.”

When Sydney caught a cab and left a few hours later, she hoped that it was just sheer luck that she saw them. She hoped that she didn’t run into them again. Although when she thought about it more, she knew that her chances went up.

The fact that they were in California, meant that she’d probably run into them more often. And the fact that Evangeline worked as a make-up artist meant that at least she lived in California. Sydney sighed as she trudged up the stairs to the apartment she shared with a girl and her brother.

Parker and Samantha James had dirty blonde hair and dark grey eyes. They were also models with the same company as Sydney, and the three had been living together since they were signed.

“How was the shoot?” Samantha asked.

Sydney sighed and shrugged falling onto the overstuffed chair. “Awkward like all lingerie shoots are. How were your shoots?”

“Eh mine was okay. Not too big on the catalogue shots.” The girl responded, “I wish I could do lingerie like you.”

Sydney laughed and shook her head, “No you don’t. I don’t really like the idea of teenage boys pinning me up in their bedrooms...”

Samantha laughed and Parker choked on air.

“Thanks for that Sydney.” The girl shrugged, and pulled her dirty blonde hair over her right shoulder.

“What? It’s the truth.” She said. She sighed and relaxed her body against the cushions. She closed her bright green eyes and let out a sigh.

“So that guy called.” She opened one eye and looked at the girl who was trying-and failing-at looking nonchalant.

“What guy?”

“That one from that bathing suit ad. The one you were partnered with.”

Sydney groaned and dropped her head down. “And what did you tell him?” the girl looked at her, and Sydney groaned, “You didn’t tell him I’d go out on a date with him did you?”

“Maybe?” the girl squeaked.

Sydney groaned and sighed, “What time is he picking me up?” Samantha smiled and perked up, “He’ll be here at six thirty.”

“Fanfuckingtastic.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

I'm nervous about this. But also excited. So your thoughts would be wonderful! :]]

Subscribe! :]