‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Alex Gaskarth

Alex was walking off of the bus, and before his feet hit the pavement the screams were heard. He smiled and waved before he and his band mates were rushed into the venue.

He knew that the others girlfriends were already inside, and it was times like this that he wished he had a serious girlfriend. His mind drifted back to a green eyed girl and he shook his head, banning those thoughts from his head.

He hadn’t really thought of Sydney Maxwell in a long time. Besides the fact she was in his dreams every night.

He plopped down on one of the couches in their dressing room, and closed his brown eyes. He could hear a conversation between Zack and V,

“Are you serious?” the boy asked.

“Do you seriously think I would joke about something like that? Come on, Zack.”

“Are you sure? I mean-”

“She tried to apologize to me.” The girl said, and he could hear the bassist sigh, “Well did you let her?”

“Why would I do that, Zack? It isn’t me she should-”

“You were upset too. I’d say you were in close second-”

“I was not in close second.” She said stubbornly.

“Fine. But you were upset too. Are you going to say something?”

“Of course I’m not.” She said and then sighed, “Look, we’ll talk more about this later. This really isn’t the time or place.”

“Yeah.” He heard the couple kiss and then Alex heard a pair of light feet walk away.

“Trouble in paradise?” Alex asked opening his eyes, and looking back at the shirtless man.

Zack looked over and shook his head, “Nah. Just some unneeded possible future drama.”

Alex nodded, not really interested. Because if Zack wanted to share he would’ve. “So, are you happy to be back in Cali, at least just for a few days.”

Zack grinned, “Yeah, it’s awesome. And since we have a day off tomorrow, I’m going to surf.”

Alex smiled at his friend and soon stood up to watch some of the opening acts.

After a few, he walked backstage to warm up for his set. The rest of the band was pumping themselves up also, and the three girls were sitting on the couch talking. He noticed that the three girls were in a deep and heated conversation, the black haired girl doing most of the talking.

Alex shrugged and then the group walked to the stage, the three girls kissing their guys before they went on, and without the fans seeing. When they got on, the crowd went wild and Alex grinned. They jumped right into the set, and when he looked out at the crowd, it was easy to forget that night in Vegas.

When they only had a few songs left to play, he brought out his acoustic and a stool and sat in front of the mike, “How are you all tonight?”

Screams were his reply, and many “I love you Alexxx!” he grinned, “How do you guys feel about slowing it down for a bit here?” he heard some screams and then shrugged, “I don’t really care, ‘cause that’s what I’m about to fucking do.” He chuckled and strummed, “Now you may know this, and you may not, but fucking sing along anyway.” A few screams, “It’s called ‘Remembering Sunday’”

He strummed more and then sang into the mic,

“He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way, past two in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me”


He smiled out at the crowd, pleased that some were singing along,

“Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut.
Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads, oh he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me

The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be.”


Alex smiled as a girl walked onstage and began to sing,

“I'm not coming back,
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak,
But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt;
Now the rain is just
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind.
Keeping an eye on the world,
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds
Towering over your head.”


Alex began to sing again,

“Well I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home.”


The crowd went wild and he smiled, “Thank-you!” he shouted into the mic, “I’m glad you all enjoyed.” He stood up and walked offstage, exchanging the acoustic with his electric, and then the entire band walked back on stage.

After a few screams he said into the mic, “No, we’re not fucking doing ‘Vegas’.” He told the crowd, a semi-forced laugh to his voice. Of course he knew the crowd wouldn’t have known the difference.

Once the set was over, Alex threw his picks out to the crowd, and walked offstage. When he had changed clothes, he walked to the side stage and watched the last band perform.

He looked over to see his three band mates with their arms around their girlfriends and felt a stab of envy.

He knew that he could have that if he wanted, but had found it harder to find a genuine girl to be with since the band had started to get bigger.

But all of that was forgotten once the after party started. Alcohol was the one thing that Alex knew would take away his thoughts of Sydney. Or at least it would sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helllloooo all of you! :]

Thank-you so much for the positive reactions, and comments. They all make me smile! You guys are awesome.

comment or subscribe (if you haven't already. :])