Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Have a nice life.

The backdoor slammed. Jo looked up at Frank. "How could you? Melody?"

"How could I? In case you've forgotten, you're the one who ended things."

"And you immediately jumped into bed with her! I thought you loved me…"

"I did…I do! I do love you, Jo! This thing with Melody, it was a mistake. I was upset, I went out, and I ran into her. It wasn't planned, it wasn't to hurt you, it just happened. I love you…"

"Then how could you with her! I hadn't been gone any time at all!"

"What, you don't like the fact that I wasn't sittin' in some dark corner, crying like a baby? That's very self-centered of you."

"Oh no. Don't try to make this about me. You're the one who was in bed with…that."

"I'm not Pete."

"What?"

"That's what this is about, isn't it? You catch Pete in bed with some two-bit tart, and you come here and take it out on me."

"That is not what this is about. God, I can't believe you!"

Frank felt all the frustration he'd been holding inside for his whole relationship with Jo rising to the surface. "Fine. I fucked Melody, and I probably shouldn't have. I made a mistake. I do that from time to time. But you left, Jo. You said it was over. You're the one who wanted to end it, not me. You walked out that door, giving up any right you had to get fucked off about what I choose to do with my life."

"Get fucked off? You think that's all this is? You were supposed to love me!"

"And that was real convenient, wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Am I supposed to believe that you would be here right now if Pete hadn't proven himself to be less than a boy scout?" Frank chuckled bitterly. "Hardly. You say you love me, but you don't. You just want me to make you feel better after what Pete did you-make you feel]i]. I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm not going to let you use me, just so you can dump me again when you've got your fill."

"I'm not…" Jo's mouth snapped shut. "Fine. Have a nice life, Frank."

"You, too, Jordan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Only four more chapters 'till the end... D=