Status: Updates may be slow

My Little Piece Of Heaven

1

“Good Morning KMRI listeners! It’s 8.00 o’clock here in West Valley City, where the temperature is rising by the hour already at 35oC , a hot day ahead! I’ll be keeping you updated on the hottest music on the charts and latest news going on in West Valley City!! First song we’re going start with is Paramore’s latest hit ‘Ignorance’. “

Morning already? I thought to myself, I was so tired it’s like I didn’t sleep at all, even though I slept almost 8 hours straight, I guess I have a lot on my mind. I forced my eyes to open and slowly made my way to the bathroom while yawning.

I had turned 20 in February and I still haven’t decided what I’m gonna do with my life, so I was taking a break from school and is currently working to save up money so I don’t have to depend much on my dad. I had been currently working at a restaurant as a waiter but I worked long hours and the pay was too little. So I quit my job and searched for a job I would actually enjoy doing. Today was my first day at work in a hairdresser salon, I had always admired hairdressers for their great talent and I guess it would be a great experience for me. I’m trying to become more independent, even though I’ll always be somewhat daddy’s girl… I smiled at the thought.

I took one last look in the mirror as I did my hair, satisfied, I made my way into the kitchen, where I found my dad already up with a cup of coffee in hand.

“Good Morning Daddy”, I said as I went up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Morning, today’s first day of work right?”

“Yup, God I’m nervous, I hope I don’t mess up!” I replied as I put 3 teaspoons full of sugar in my tea.

“You won’t, don’t stress yourself out,” he said and chuckled like every other time he saw me put that much sugar in my tea, he says that my mom used to do the same thing.

“You want me to give you a lift?”

“If you can, the sugar hasn’t kicked in yet.”

“Sure, what time do you start?”

“9.a.m sharp.”

Once he finished his coffee, I grabbed an apple and we both left the apartment that was currently our home. It wasn’t that big but it was enough for us. We got into my dad’s 1984 Mercedez-Benz, and drove away into the West Valley Sun, second largest city in Utah and probably one of the most dangerous cities in the USA… yep; I guess after almost living my whole life here, we just grew fond of it.

****
“So Danielle, how you holdin up?” Val asked me as I was sweeping the floor.

“Actually much better than I thought, I was sure I was gonna mess up.” I replied satisfied that I had a great day at work.

“You didn’t need to worry, you did great, better than any other girls we had here,” Michelle told me as she began to pick up towels that they had used.

Val and Michelle are so nice, they’re twin sisters and they owned the salon I was currently working for. Fortunately today wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be, it didn’t take me long before I got the hang of it. I had to clean the floor, their stations, and towels and answer the phone. Not that big of a deal, the salon is neither very big nor small , it fits 4 chairs for haircuts, 2 sinks for washing hair and 2 small bench/sofas which can seat 3 persons each, a small room where products and towels can be cleaned and stored and a funky reception like desk for appointments .

They have mirrors everywhere and the chairs and sofas are all purple and black they also have 2 beautiful guitars hanging on the walls and very modern accessorize like a huge silver clock which has a guitar frame in the middle. God, it’s so amazing, I love it.

“Thanks, you know I never thought I’d say this but I actually had fun working, you know talking with you guys and the clients all the time!”

“That’s good to hear, you know I too had fun today more than usual, you know having someone knew to talk to other than my sis,” Michelle declared before ending up laughing after seeing the look on her sister’s face.

“Thank a lot sis, tell us how you really feel!” Val said sarcastically before laughing too.

I wish I had a sister.

Did I just say that? I didn’t even realize what I said before I actually said it. I felt guilty for saying something like that, for a second I actually forgot my sister. Before I knew it the smile that was plastered on my face for the last 9 hours, faded and turned into a frown. I guess they noticed too because they stopped laughing and stared at me with a worried look on their faces.

“Did we say something wrong?”

“N-no, sorry it’s my fault, nothing to worry about.” I said as I stared back down at the floor as I continued sweeping.

“You know if you want to talk we’re here.”

I was touched to be honest, we had barely met but we already had become such great friends, they had told all about their lives, I kept mine on low answering when answers wouldn’t be complicated, I didn’t know what to expect from them if I told them. I have never told anyone about what happened to my mother and sister, when asked I would say that they died in a car accident. It passed my mind several times to just tell someone to get everything off my chest but I just did want to endanger my dad, I had trust issues all my life. Today was the first time that I felt like I could trust them with my life these girls, they had told me so much it’s like they made me part of the family already.

“It’s a long story.”

“We have time.”

I can’t believe I’m actually gonna do this… I just hope nothing bad comes out of this.

***
“Oh Danielle,” Val said before pulling me into a hug.

That’s when I noticed that I had been crying I got so into the story that I didn’t even see the time fly by. We had closed the salon and left to grab a bite to eat and I told them. I told them everything, every single detail. I had to get everything off my chest my thoughts, my fears, everything. I was finally free, free of those fears, and dark memories, by sharing them with someone else I could almost put some of those weight on that person, even though that’s kind of bad it’s not that I want to burden them I just want to someone finally understand me and my emotions. I stared down at our plates no one had touched their food; we were too engulfed into the story.

“I can’t tell you how much this means to me, I’m sorry to burden you with such huge problems but I finally feel like a little bit of weight has been lifted off my chest."

“We can’t imagine how you can feel but we’re happy that we could help you, and don’t worry your secrets safe with us.” Michelle said speaking for both of them.

“And guess what tomorrow is our day off so you my dear are going to spend the whole day with us!"