Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

The Great Plan

I was afraid Zooey would feel to controlled, and to isolated from everything around her, but his was what needed to be done. After the very lovely gift we received Christmas morning, I had decided that we needed around the clock protection. Two agents were now outside our apartment, one to keep watch on me, and one to look after Zooey. I had of course said Zooey needed more protection than I did, so I was going to be an agent on watch as well, resulting in three agents keeping our eye out for anything suspicious. I woke up, and Zooey was lying in my arms. She was still asleep. I didn’t have the heart to move from where I was lying, watching her beautiful face as she slept. She was such a beauty. And she was mine. My heart beat faster from the thought. She slowly stirred, and her eyes opened up slowly. She blinked a few times, before looking straight at me.
“Morning,” she said, her voice groggy of sleep.
“Good morning, babe.” I replied, and kissed her forehead.
“Were you watching me sleep?” I nodded.
“That is kind of creepy.” She giggled.
“No, it’s romantic.”
“Creepy!” She laughed, before moving in my arms. She was headed out of bed, but I held her back, making her fall onto my chest.
“What are you doing?” she giggled.
“Holding you close to me, fiancée.” Her face was glowing with the smile she was now giving me. She took up her hand, and took another look at her ring.
“Fiancée. I really, really like the sound of that.”
“I love you!” I said simply, and held her even tighter.

We lay still in bed for quite some time, before I finally decided to tell her.
“There are two agents out in the hall. We need 24/7 protection, so I called in last night. Until this is figured out, we need it.” I was waiting for an explosive response, but it never came.
“Ok,” she replied carefully.
“You’re fine with it?”
“I have to be, right? It is, after all, for the best.” I was pleased with her response, and I let her go when she moved out of bed.
“I just need to take a shower, maybe you could make some breakfast?” she smiled, but I knew she was bothered with this. For the first time in months, she hadn’t asked me to join her in the shower. I made breakfast, egg and bacon in fact, and Zooey came out of the bathroom, dressed in red jeans and a black t-shirt with the logo of The Strokes on it.
“Looking good, Zo!”
“Thanks!” she said while smiling. “Did you put on some coffee?”
“Yeah, it’s in the pot.”
“Invite the agents in then. I am sure they would like something to keep them awake.”
“You want me to invite them in?”
“Sure. Nothing dangerous going on right now, so why not.” I shrugged, and went over to the door, allowing them entry to our apartment.
“Wow, nice place.” I felt disgusted as agent Henderson entered.
“Hi, Zooey. Looking good!” Zooey did not reply, but simply took a sip of her coffee. She looked uncomfortable as she pushed her hair behind her ear.
“Thanks for the coffee, miss,” the other agent said.
“You are very welcome,” Zooey replied sweetly, before walking over to the couch to sit down. The second agent was agent Sullivan, a very good agent, and I was pleased to see him there. I sure knew Henderson couldn’t possibly be of any help. Hendersen walked over to the couch and sat down next to Zooey, and whispered something in her ear.
“Would you please back off? Have you ever heard of personal space,” Zooey sounded angry.
“I’m just trying to persuade you, honey.” Henderson said, but I was already by Zooeys side.
“That is my fiancée you are talking to, Henderson. Back off!” I took my arms around Zooeys shoulders.
“Fiancée. That’s a new development. When did that happen?”
“Last night,” Zooey responded quickly. “You have your coffee, I would like for you to step outside again.” I loved how Zooey could stand up for herself.

We stayed at home for the next couple of days, unless if we had to go to the store to buy some more food. The two agents watching us worked on shifts, which was perfect for both Zooey and I, seeing as none of us were especially happy about having Henderson around. When it was time for Zooey to go back to work, we were three agents following her. I hadn’t quite figured how we were going to do this without causing any suspicion. All the employees and Market4U knew about Zooey and I, but we were going to have to improvise to make this work.
“How are you going to do this?” Zooey asked, as we left our car in front of the building.
“I actually have no idea, babe. I’ll have to talk to your boss, at least.”
“Yes, you need to do that. Just make them pretend they just got a job there, or something. I can’t think of anything else.” My fiancée, so smart! We got into the building, and Zooey went right to her desk, and sat down, while I went to her boss’ office. The conversation with him was quite strained, but he understood the situation. The two agents joining us got a desk each, and I went over to Zooey’s desk.
“I’m supposed to be you intern, or something like that. You need to teach me what it is you do.” Zooey smiled as I sat down in a chair across from her desk.
“I am going to boss you around, my love!” Zooey said happily, and twisted a strand of hair with her fingers. She was gorgeous, as usual.

This arrangement continued for the rest of the week, and unfortunately for Zooey, she didn’t get much work done. I was constantly disturbing her because I was bored. I was not really at work after all, and I was supposed to be her intern. So I spent way too much time bothering her, and she got absolutely no work done.
“I’m sorry for bothering you all the time Zo,” I said, and moved my chair so that I could sit right next to her. Apparently I got a little too close, and she gave me a stern look.
“Yes, you are bothering me. And you are supposed to be my intern, so step back.”
“Oh, I’m sure they’ve all figured out that we are…” the rest of my sentence was a whisper. “Having sex.” Zooey slapped me on my shoulder, and giggled.
“Yeah, they will all know now at least.”
“That ring on your finger could be a big give-away,” I said, and she giggled yet again. I stood up and waved happily at Zooey, and headed to the toilet. I was smiling to myself, as everything was going really well. I got into the men’s room, and there was another man there. He turned his head to look at me, and I got chills down my spine from his face. He had long streaks that were scars along his face. I didn’t even have the time to react when he came towards me, and I felt a slight sting on the side of my neck. After that, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new chapter for you. I had an awful lot of trouble writing this.. The inspiration had left me yet again, but I will try to keep writing :) Please comment :)

Jo xx