Status: Behold! Jetfire is an old bot and is slow moving(not in this fic tho XD) but so is this Fic!

Lay Me Down With a Ghost

As Long As I'm Here.

Irene awoke with a startled gasp, clutching her hands around her neck. She felt all around her neck, checking that it was still attached.
Tears fell from her face. She wiped her hands against her eyes wiping them away.
'What the hell is with these nightmares?' she thought to herself.
She opened her mouth, to take a deep breath, yet found her mouth to be dry.
Blinking her eyes against the darkness, trying to adjust them, she turned on the small mattress and let her feet hit the floor, and muttered to herself, “Maybe a glass of water will help.”
Just as she opened the door, she let out a shriek as a voice startled her, “Where do ya think your going?”
Heart beating frantically, she turned around and was met with red eyes. She yelped and backed into the wall and curled up into a ball as best as she could thinking the bot with red eyes was a Decepticon and forgetting that Jetfire had red eyes too.
“What's the matter, 'irly?” Jetfire asked.
He could see Irene shake her head, “Get away from me! You-you stupid robot!”
Jetfire's spark clenched, and turned on the Med Bay light, “What's wrong 'irly?”
Irene feeling the sudden brightness opened her eyes and gasped, “I thought...I thought you were him. He...he was in my dreams again...” Tears fell from her face once more.
Jetfire blinked and placed his large finger against her cheek, “You're eyes are leaking again.”
Irene gave a choked laugh and had a ghost of a smile on her face, “Yea, I guess I am. Stupid emotions.”
She grabbed onto Jetfire's finger and he helped her stand.
“So what were you doing anyways?” Jetfire asked as he lifted Irene into the air.
“Another....nightmare woke me up. I was going to the mess hall to get me a drink,” Irene replied, leaning against his thumb.
Jetfire nodded, “Would you like me to escort you?”
Irene smiled and nodded.
Jetfire placed her on the floor and transformed into his Alt. Mode and activated his holoform. Walking up to her, he held out his arm.
Irene giggled and wove her arm through his and the two walked outside and the Mess Hall.
Once inside, Irene sat down at one of the various tables and Jetfire retrieved her a bottle of water.
“Thank you, Jetfire. This means a lot,” Irene said after taking a sip of the water.
Jetfire's holoform smiled and scratched the back of his head, “You're welcome, but it's just water. I'm pretty sure-”
Irene shook her head, “No. That's not what I mean, but thank you for the water too.” She took a breath. “What I mean is thank you for being here to comfort and protect me.” She sighed. “I sound so selfish...”
Jetfire shook his head and placed a hand over Irene's comfortingly. Irene's face tinted pink at the gesture.
“It's not selfish. It's natural to want to be comforted and protected for humans or any species for that matter. Well unless your a bug I suppose....”
Irene giggled at him getting off topic.
Jetfire shook his head once more, “But what I'm saying is that as long I'm here, you won't have to worry about anything. I'll protect you. It's my fault you're dragged into this-”
“It probably would've happened anyways and it may have been worse that just my sister and nephew. They still would have had the energy source.” Irene interrupted him.
Jetfire's holoform sighed, “I suppose but just remember, as long as you're still in this mess, I swear on my spark I'll protect you.”
Water formed in the corners of Irene's eyes and she threw herself into Jetfire's holoform's chest.
Jetfire's eyes widened, “You're crying. Why?”
Irene just held onto Jetfire tighter, “I'm happy that I have a friend like you...”
The corners of Jetfire's mouth tilted into a smile and chuckled, putting a hand on top of Irene's head and stroking her hair.
“And I, you.”
They stayed like that for an hour so, until the sun's light poured through the windows. They talked that whole hour, Jetfire comforting Irene and trying to help get her mind off of the things that have happened to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update y'all!! I've been distracted with other things.

Anyways hope y'all like this short lil chapter!
Message/Rate/Review please?