Status: : it's her smile, that get's to him ;)

Her Smile Does All the Talking

Chapter 3

Classes went by fast and it was finally lunch. I grabbed what was available, in the cafeteria and found a deserted table by the window. As every time I got near to the empty table, a couple gasps were let out. I looked around puzzled and with a shrug I pulled the chair, in the nearest end and took a seat. All I could hear was snickers and whispers. I completely ignored them and began to eat some pasta. I was looking down the whole time, until I heard someone clear their throat. I slowly tilted my head up with a soft gulp. It was Tiffany, the rude skank from my bio class.

"I wouldn't sitting there if I were you," she said. I blinked, twice. "Do you not understand me?" she repeated. I felt my heart race, I didn't want to be caught up in a fight escpecially on my first day. I sniffing, as I heard her crack her knuckles a bit. I cringed scanning the veined tiles. My food wasn't being able to digest anymore because I started to get this feeling of anxiety.

"Tiffany," a smooth velvety voice interupted, as I could hear Tiffany stutter. "Oh, hey Edward" she said, flirting with him, "I was just trying to tell little silent creeper here to get out of your seats." I sighed, trying to breathe. I didn't bother looking up, as I stood up and scurried away dumping out my tray. I just couldn't face them especially people, who looked like they would attack me. I found my way to the office, and the pudgy lady there was reading a magazine. She finally ripped her gaze off the magazine, to fix it on my breathless expression.

"Ah, Miss. Clarissa. I presume your here for your medication?" she asked, watching my out of breath face nod quickly. She smiled slyly, and walked over to the cabinet, and searched through labelled meds. She found mines, and handed a pill over. "If you want to lie down, you may go in the health room," she directed the room behind her and I smiled at her genuinely. It seemed like everyone knew about my talking problem, that I never talked much. I bet Ruth told them I was dumb, I groaned mentally. She always did that, I went to school learned and then came back. No word to anyone. I sniffed a little, I stayed there until the end of lunch.

The bell, rang as a crowd of students swarmed the hallways. "I think it's time you get to class. Hmm, history?" she said, peeking at my schedule I nodded. I quickly paced by the students who kept pulling me back, which made me kind of late. I rushed, in with a mesmorising smile to get Mr. Malis to reconsider that I'm not late. I ran into the class huffing and I smiled at him with a shrug. "Well, hello" he said, peering at his attendence list, "Clarissa, welcome to American History." I grinned, as I was panting.

"Anyways, you may have a seat next Mr. Emmett Cullen" he directed, "Emmett, raise your hand up, for Miss. Clarissa." My head was searching the place when a pale burly arm shot up, and I gaped innocently, and then replaced it with a smile. I sighed, as Ms. Malis, arm shot down the aisle I nodded, slyly and walked down the aisle, to get stares. I smiled at some of them cheerily, but got back scoffs and grunts in return my face dropped but, held up a smile. I was getting near and I noticed it was the burly, guy from this morning. I smiled at him, and sat down next to him.

I had just noticed that the blonde, pained one was sitting on my left scruntinizing my every move. I took out my supplies and watched the teacher scribble on the chalk board. Emmett, who next to me cleared his throat. "Hey, I'm Emmett Cullen you know the very attractive looking one you saw this morning" he flirted, I couldn't help but to laugh, well more like giggle. The blonde just scoffed, sort of angrily. It was quiet, I never really replied, him back. I could hear the blonde chuckle a little as Emmett looked, completely dumb just waiting there. Soon enough, we were given class work to do. I sat doing work while Emmett fidgetted, I could slightly make out the convo him and the blonde where having. It sounded like they were shooeing flies, by the way they said 'No, you do it' or 'I'm not doing it' etc. I muffled a small laugh that got them to stop for awhile. So the whole time he started to pelt questions at me. Starting .... NOW!

"What's your favourite color?" he asked, while I stared at the paper and started to write. Silence.

"When's your birthday?" he threw another and again he got.. silence.

"Favourite song?" Silence.

"Favourite food?" Even more silence. He grunted in a sigh and continued as the blonde started to rake his hands through his tousled hair. This was fun!

"Favourite Cullen?" he joked, as I looked at him funny. I could see the blonde, turning away after Emmett started laughing. I looked at my paper, and continued writing. "What do you do in your free time?" he leaned forward, pleading for me to answer. I watched him in silence, and blinked. He sighed dramatically in defeat, and threw his arms in the air surrendering. I smiled at him in pity, my head tilted to the side shaking it side to side.

"So suppose I were to wear nothing but a pair of nice looking briefs what would say?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I made a noise of almost disgust. He made a face and then said. "You do know, a man can only have a limited number of questions running in his mind" I chuckled softly, as he shrugged going back to his doing his work. I could see he was motioning no luck to his blonde buddy, I shook my head. Men these days. I folded up the piece of paper and signed it to Emmett and Blonde Buddy. I smiled and the bell went off as I stood up. Emmett was about to leave, but I placed a hand on his massive chest and gave him the folded note. I touched his cheek and smiled sweetly. I moved out of the way, and slung my bag over my shoulders. I saw the blonde boy and gave him a small smile. Thank god it was last period, I had to get to the parking lot fast before Ruth went haywire.

(JASPER'S POV)

I looked behind me to see the girl, the girl who seemed to strangle me in every way. She smiled at me like she was my mother and I was her child. It melted my dead heart, I walked up to Emmett who had a piece of paper in his hands.

"Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing to the folded piece of paper. "It's from Clarissa," he said sternly. I read the cover it said to Emmett and Blonde Buddy. I laughed, she still had not known my name yet. "Open it," I coaxed him, and he did. It read,

Hey, Emmett and Blonde Buddy

Hopefully, my silence is refilled with these answers,

My favourite color is green, the color of nature. Which I've seen today for the first time.

My birthday is on December 12th, a day filled with fresh snow and nothing but happiness.

My favourite song at the moment would be Rest by Nevertheless. :)

My favourite food is anything that is edible, as long as I'm getting fed I'm satisfied.

Aw, my Favourite Cullen, I would have to say is you Emmett, but if I do your blonde buddy might bite my head off. So the answer is I don't know yet, I'll hopefully get to know your family someday. Until, then we'll have to wait and see.

The actual question is what do you do in your free time? Cause, honestly your giving me a feeling that you love to harass the innocent? I presume..
Oh, my Emmett Cullen are you trying to get into my pants? Cause the answer is NO. But, save it for someone who's worth the ride..

Anyways, hopefully that answered your constant questions. I did enjoy listening to them, truly did.

Have a great evening..

love,
-Clarissa

Emmett folded up the paper, and was gawking. "I can't believe her!" grumbled Emmett, we were now walking to the empty lot. He had the note clutched in his handing I was chortling. "What a waste of my breath," he huffed, we got to the lot and saw our siblings waiting there utterly bored. "Hey, sorry for the wait" I said, I could see Rosalie burn her gaze to Emmett's hands where it held the note.

"WHAT! Not again!" she shrieked, "who was it this time. Cause I swear I will strangle her!" I watched Rosalie lash out, at a note that she supposedly thought was a love note, but was not. "It's nothing, Rose" told Emmett, "it was actually for Jazz."

Everyones attention went on me now. I sucked in a deep breath. Alice perked a smile, I scoffed. She left me for a vampire in the Russian Coven. She smiled, feeling that I had a chance to move on with myself and find someone new. Someone who was not her. "So?" started Edward. I looked blank, and looked away. "He's not going to say anything, just read this" Emmett chuckled, and handed him the note. Edwards and the others eyes scanned it. He barked a laugh. "I like, the favourite Cullen question" he commented.

"All the workings of the great Emmett Cullen" sang Emmett. "She never told you the answers?" asked Bella, who automatically wrapped her arms around Edwards torso. "No, silent throughout the whole time" he replied, "so pretty much it was a Q with no A period." I cracked up a little. "Wow, she's quiet" mumbled Alice, "Jazz you and her are so alike." I just noticed that too, we actually were. "I know," I sighed.

"Emmett, what the hell were you thinking?" Rosalie asked out of no where. Emmett made a face.

"What?" he asked innocently. She made a disgusted face, and then said. "Do you think a 16 year old, would like to see you in your briefs?" she stated, sort of gagging. "What's wrong with that? I know you like it" I gagged internly, when he said that. "Oh, god" Alice said, "everyone in the car. You too Jazz." I sped to, Jeep. Bella and Edward in one car, while Emmett and I took the Jeep and Rosalie and Alice took her Porsche. I sighed, as Emmett revved it up and accelerated the engine and we zoomed off. My mind was too occupied by thoughts of Clarissa..
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this chappie :)