Status: Finally updated! Hopefully another chapter will be up in a week! Just started my summer holidays so I can write more now! :D

The Apples at the Mansion.

Chapter 2

I walked back through to the main bed chamber and took a seat on the sofa at the other side of the room. My hand gestured for Georgiana to occupy the seat next to me. She walked carefully towards the seat and sat down with a look of concentration on her face. I waited for her to start.
She took a long deep breath and began her story:

“The story I am about to tell you... took place a long time ago, it has been passed down through the generations. My Lord’s mother told me the story when I first arrived at Genally House. There was a young woman, who had everything. Money, diamonds, and a romance so strong it nearly killed her when they were apart. Her life was perfect; she was the luckiest woman alive.
But one day, her husband was sent by the King to fight in battle. The King was short for fighters and he was picking up every suitable man possible. She was petrified that she would never see him again. On the last few days before he left they were inseparable. But neither of them could hide the fact that he may never return.
The last day together was sad and quiet. Silent tears would cascade down her cheeks every time she would think of the weeks maybe months or even a lifetime without him. Her heart was already breaking and he hadn’t even left yet. But nonetheless the time did come when the goodbyes were said, the tears wiped and the trembled words of ‘I love you’ were spoken. The goodbye was quick and she watched as he rode off on his horse through the forest, waiting to catch the very last glimpse.
He was gone, and she never saw him again.
Her reaction when she got the letter, a few weeks later, telling her of her husband’s death broke the hearts of those watching and they witnessed as her heart was torn apart and her soul destroyed. She became nothing.
Her life was over without him, so she went outside the front of the house and plucked at red apple from the tree. The doorman tried to stop her eating it, but it was too late. As soon as her teeth bit into it she disappeared. The doorman was in utter shock, he couldn’t make sense of what he had just seen. But she was never seen again. Others have supposedly eaten the apples too and have also disappeared without trace. I personally don’t believe it. Its a silly little myth that people have made up for fun.”

“Is that the story?” I said, “That you disappear when you eat them?” I was bewildered; it was not at all what I was expecting. Georgiana smiled at me.
“Yes ma’am.” I looked at her sceptically. I reassured myself that it was just a myth, how on earth can such a thing be true! I laughed out loud and she smiled even more. “But how on earth can you disappear into thin air?! Its nonsense!” she looked at me with a more serious expression this time.
“Yes ma’am. But many people who work here believe it. Some people say they have seen it. Her late ladyship believed it!”
I looked at her bewildered. Nonsense! Utter nonsense!
Georgiana got up from beside me and walked over to my new bed and turned down the satin covers. It was time for bed; tomorrow will be a whole new and interesting day to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is quite a short chapter!
Ah well. :L
I hope you like it.
Comment and tell me what you think! Please! Your comments give me courage to post more! >.<