Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 22

STILL WILLIAM’S POV

I looked at her as she walked to the left with a shocked expression on my face. Sure, Gabe hadn’t been incredibly subtle, but I still wouldn’t have guessed he was talking about me…

The next fan came up to me, taking my attention away from the girl that had just changed my life, but what she said was still echoing in the back of my mind.

What if Gabe was ready to come out to the world now? He said he’d take me back. I was not expecting that one, but it brightened up my day a bit. I needed to tell him I forgive him, but right after the signing, he practically ran back to the bus, getting as far away from me as possible. I started to move after him, unsure of what exactly I was going to do, but Vicky stopped me.

“Where are you going?” Vicky said. “What more can you take away from him?”

“I’m not going to yell at him.” I said. “Did you hear that girl? Chloe?”

“I only caught what Gabe was saying, and just bits of the conversation.” Vicky said. “I was right next to Gabe. He got really quiet afterwards, so I assumed it was a bad thing.”

“Well, after they had a nice chat about how Gabe is ridiculously sorry for hurting and not coming out about his relationship with, and I quote, ‘the most amazing guy he’d ever met’, she whispered to me that I should forgive him, because he was obviously sorry and she could tell I still love him as much as he loves me.”

“Woah.” Vicky said. “That’s… insanity. She could tell he was talking about you, just like that?”

“It would seem she’d had her suspicions beforehand.” I said. “He did indirectly apologize, starting out with ‘if he could hear me right now’.”

“Wow, Gabe… subtle.” Vicky said.

“Yeah, but since when has Gabe ever been subtle?” I laughed. “So it got me thinking, and I had it in my head that he didn’t love me anymore, since he didn’t seem incredibly upset, but I realize now he was just putting up a front…”

“Well, duh.” Vicky said. “You haven’t seen him outside of press things since. He’s an emotional wreck inside the tour bus. You should have seen him right after it happened… I’ve never seen him legitimately cry, but he was sobbing. Like, actually sobbing. He was upset. He loves you. He’d take you back in an instant.”

“Yeah, I know… I just can’t deal with apologizing to him. This isn’t just about coming out anymore..” I said, sadly. “Vicky, he told me he wished he’d never met me. People don’t just say those things. There must be some part of him that wishes for his old life, back before he met me.”

“I have no idea what goes on in that boy’s mind; I do know, however, that he’s been crying his eyes out in his bunk whenever we have free time.” Vicky said. “You two need to fix this.”

“I can’t.” I said. “I’m still hurting from what he said…”

“William.”

“I have to go, Vicky.” I said. “I can’t deal with it. Not yet.”

I ran to the TAI bus and leaned up against the warm metal to catch my breath.

It was about then that I realized… Gabe and I might never get back together…

What if this is it? What if I’ve lost the love of my life?

Fresh tears sprung to my eyes and I held them back, walking to my bunk, where I let go of the tears threatening to spill over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know, I know. It's depressing still. BUT! I promise you it gets better, starting with the next chapter. Also on the horizon- new POVs... who could it be? ;) Get pumped!

Thanks so much everyone! I have 37 subscribers now, which is kind of insane, knowing that there are 37 people out there waiting for me to update like I wait for other authors to update... THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

The 200th commenter prize is still up for grabs, and it has to do with my new story :)

THANKS TO THESE PEOPLE FOR COMMENTING:
Atychiphobia - I know, isn't Chloe great for picking up on it?
hatsu-kouen2143 - I have your username memorized now! i'm so proud! He is slightly forgiven, isn't he? Just wait. We forgive him sooner than William does.
jjjjeanlovesyou! - Hahaha, I like it. We should do it. Operation: Make Gabilliam a Reality is a go. XD
Pijavice - Hahaha, i like your comment. short, sweet, to the point :)
ZombieChild - GLAD YOU LIKED HER! I was a bit worried about it, so I'm really happy! And you like her enough to read it again :) That means I did a good job!!!
harlequinxlovers - I know, i was like, giggling to myself when I wrote it, and then my sister thought Iw as insane... Also- Drarry is pretty cool, I guess... not exactly my favorite because Daniel Radcliffe looks like this creepy guy I know so that kinda ruins it...
xxCook1eMonstaxx - Haha, she's kinda my favorite... except Genevieve... also- I love that conversation 'cause I've actually been in one almost exactly like it, except I was Sisky in my situation....
IxJustxLaugh - I have read almost all of it now! It's quite good! I keep forgetting to comment and then feel like a bitch when you comment on mine... expect a comment from me soon :)
Danny Worsnop. - Hahahahah.... You're awesome. Just saying. "ALL YOUR FANS KNOW THAT YOU TWO ARE FLAMING HOMOSEXUALS." Yes. Just... that comment is made of awesome :)