Status: Temporary Hiatus!

All I Can Do

13.

Jon’s hands shook as he walked into the ICU. He noticed that there were more people than the last time he came, but different family, not Farren’s. Farren’s had, oddly enough, lessened. He considered the fact that once she awoke, some of them probably breathed a sigh of relief and went home to sleep. However, he knew he didn’t want to leave her side and he barely even knew her.

He walked up to the guy he recognized, the one he figured was either a brother or a boyfriend. He had medium length, shaggy blonde hair, the same colour as Farren’s. He was intimidating, even though he was lankier than he was muscle.

He glanced up and met Jon’s eyes, and stood, “Hey man.”

“Hey,” Jonathan said quietly, relieved that he didn’t jump down his throat, “I’m Jonathan Toews-.”

He smiled, holding out his hand, “Yea, I know. Derek Walker.”

Jonathan felt a weird sense of happiness when he realized that it was, in fact, her brother. He shook it away quickly. Do not get attached.

“Are you parent’s around?” He asked, swallowing the lump in his throat, he didn’t want to hand the money over to her brother, not this much, even though he seemed like a genuine guy.

Derek pressed his lips together and shook his head, “No, sorry dude.”

Jonathan sighed, nodding lightly, “I have something for them, some money, to pay off Farren’s hospital bills.”

Derek frowned, eyes darting down to the folder in Jonathan’s hand, “Money? Whoa, you really don’t have to do that.”

Jonathan shook his head and said quickly, “No, I really do. I almost killed your sister, don’t you think it’s the least I can do?”

Derek shot Jon an curious, soft smile, as if suggesting something, “She wasn’t going to die, I knew that. That girl in there, she’s made of bricks, she’s as tough as it gets... and yea, I’d normally want to kick your ass, but you sat by my sister even though you don’t know her, when we needed to go and eat, or shower.”

Jonathan swallowed again, unable to meet his eyes anymore, he cleared his throat, “So- uh, when are you parents going to be back so I can drop this off?”

Derek paused for a second, and glanced toward the direction of Farren’s room, “Actually, there with her right now, just go right in, dude.”

Jonathan frowned, “Really, you’re sure?”

Derek burst into a smile and nodded, “Yea, go on, they’ll appreciate it. I appreciate it.”

“Don’t even mention it,” Jonathan smiled and stuck out his hand.

Derek shook it and nodded towards Farren’s room, where Jonathan headed instantly. He had to convince himself that this was a good idea, even though he was second guessing himself. He took a breath and walked into Farren’s room.

He met her icy eyes instantly and froze. She was the only one in the room, Derek had set him up to be alone with her.

As if on cue, she spoke up,

“What are you doing here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know, but it's a filler my friends. The good stuff is coming next chapter, and I promise you, It'll be longer than this one. This one is just a tiny fellow.
Once again, thank you for the comments and please give feedback even though this is short!

Tell me how you really feel.