The Musso's and Me

Mom

Mom had woken up and they’d let Mason & me in to see her. She thanked him for coming and I knew she was happy he was here. She’d always liked saying he was good for me because he’d always looked after me and she knew nothing bad would ever happen to me while he was there.

“Where’s your dad?” she asked swapping to English easily after the nurse left. She’d always made me speak both languages, which Mason loved because it meant I could help with his Spanish homework.

“He’s not here yet. They rang him but it was the night so he didn’t have his phone on they left a message but he’s not rung back” “And you answered?” “I leave my phone on so she can ring me anyway and I just woke Mitch and flew straight out” smiled Mason.

“You know you could do far worse than him young lady” she said in Spanish “Mom!” I said, “What I’m just saying, if you 2 were to date it wouldn’t be a bad thing!” I saw Mason smile and knew he’d understood every word.

The nurse walked in and said that mom had to go up to have a scan now and we walked to the elevator with her. “I’ll see you later, don’t you worry about me” she smiled and I sat down and saw her say something to Mason and he nodded and walked over to me.

“Come on you need to get some sleep” I shook my head but he grabbed my hand and led me back to my room and I lay down and drifted back to sleep.

“Thanks for letting us know, can I tell her? Thanks” I heard Mason whisper and opened my eyes as a doctor walked out. “Is dad here?” I asked and he shook his head “He’ll be here in an hour” “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“J…” he started walking towards me and putting his arms round me and I shook my head starting to cry already “No!” “J, I’m so sorry. She’s gone” “Gone where?” I asked but I knew the answer “Gone. They found a bleed on her brain, they couldn’t stop it and she passed away” I shook my head “No she’s fine she’s having her scan!” “No J, she’s gone. I’m so sorry” he said crying too.

That was it. That was the moment my life stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the people who are reading and this and for the comment :)