Status: 10 stars. We love you all <3 It's quite active.

You're So Pretty On the Outside

What's normal?

“Lee, have you seen Oli?” Curtis asked, shaking me.

“Hmm? What?” I groaned, squinting. “Isn’t here there?”

I gestured toward his bed. Curtis rolled his eyes. “Yes Lee, he’s in his bed but we’re asking if you’ve seen him.”

“Okay, okay, no need to be a dick,” I grumbled under my breath.

“Well you’re being a dumb ass!” he retorted.

“How am I being...?” I trailed off and I groaned. “Fuck I’m a moron.”

“I agree,” Nicholls laughed from the other bed. I glared at him.

“Shut up, asshole!” I snapped.

“Oh, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning now did we?” Kean asked, raising his eyebrows at my snappy attitude.

Really? I would never have guessed that one,” I growled sarcastically, getting up. “I’m going to shower.”

I got up and went to the bathroom, closing the door. Before I’d managed to shut it I heard one of them say something quietly- or so he thought. “What the hell’s up with him?”

I growled and slammed the door, locking it before stripping and jumping in the shower.

*Jennifer*

I didn’t sleep well last night was all I could say about my angry mood. I got up and trudged to the kitchen where I found Mathieu and Venita talking as they ate. They smiled over at me to which I simply nodded and grabbed the juice from the fridge. I dragged myself to the table and dropped down in one of the seats.

“Hey,” I yawned. “How you feeling?”

“I could be better,” Venita replied. I nodded. “You?”

“On and off with the fucking sleeping. You have noidea how much I wanna cry right now!
I’m so damn tired but I can’t fucking sleep! How fucked up is that?” I exclaimed, annoyed. The couple laughed.

“Very,” Mathieu smiled. I looked at Venita curiously.

“Did you...?” she nodded.

Mathieu’s face fell a bit. He leaned over, connecting his lips with hers. As I watched, my mind drifted to Lee. I sighed and lay my head down on the table. The couple broke apart and looked at me.

“What’s wrong?” Mathieu asked. I shook my head.

“Lee?” Venita questioned. My head snapped up.

“What?” I asked wide-eyed.

“You were thinking of Lee,” she replied.

“What? No! Of course not!” I denied, blushing as I stared at the table top.

“Yes, you were,” she pressed. I groaned, shaking my head.

“Nope, I was not! I wasn’t, I swear!” I replied.

“Jen, there’s nothing wrong with liking him, you know,” Venita frowned. I laughed nervously.

“Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I’ll remember that when I actually start liking someone,” I
said, my voice rising.

“You really do like him, don’t you?” she smiled. I groaned.

“Nooo!!” I whined.

“Oh, yes you do!” she exclaimed jumping up. I frowned.

“How the hell would you know?” I exclaimed.

“You only whine like that when you’re flustered!” she grinned. “Well, with me at least. Oh, my
God you like Lee! You like Lee! Oh, you guys would be so adorable together!”

I stared at my shrieking best friend. How can she be this happy after finding out she’s got cancer? Wow Jen, you need to find normal friends. Wait, what’s normal?

“What’s normal in your opinion?” I asked randomly, catching the two before me off guard.

“What?” Mathieu laughed, his eyebrows slowly knitting together.

“Well, I was just thinking to myself that I had to find friends that were a little more... normal per se but then I realised I don’t know what the fuck normal is!” I explained. “Any
advice?”

“You, my friend, should get yourself checked,” Mathieu chuckled, knocking my head lightly a
few times. I glared.

“Hey!! I am not retarded you dick! Venay! Your lover is being mean to me!” I pouted, my lip jutting out. She smirked.

“Sorry, sweet heart, but I must say we need to get something done with... that,” she grinned, poking my forehead. I gasped.

“Oh that is so not nice!” I laughed. “Not cool, Venay, not cool! Why am I friends with you again?”

“Because if you weren’t you’d be a hobo/hooker on the street,” she grinned. I frowned.

“Wait? What? I’m not? Since when?” I asked, feigning shock. “Oh, my god! Now I got to call
that guy and say never mind! Oh, darn! And he was cute too.”

She smiled. “Calm your hormones sweetie. I’m pretty sure Lee would be willing to replace.”

I blushed at the mention of Lee in the conversation and hid my face. God damn it stop
blushing you stupid cheeks! Stooppp!! You’re blowing our cover!


“That is not funny,” I mumbled, face hidden in my arms.

“Oh yes it is because I know already you wouldn’t mind,” she grinned. “And I love teasing
you.”

“Go to hell you big meanie!” I pouted, sticking my tongue out at her.

Just as I said that, a buzzing sound came from the front door. Mathieu got up, leaving us to
our bickering and answered it, re-entering a few moments later with Lee at his heel. I
gasped and hid behind Venita, blushing profusely while Venita doubled over laughing. Lee
frowned.

“Do I want to know?” he asked, glancing at Mathieu. Mathieu chuckled and shook his head.

“Okay then,” he frowned. Mathieu smiled.

“By the way,” he smirked evilly. I glared.

“What?” I asked suspiciously.

“We’re leaving all day so you two are alone. Ready to go baby?” he asked, looking over at a
still giggling Venita.

“Oh, yes I am,” she smiled, taking his hand and pulling him out the door.

Lee stared after them with raised eyebrows as I quickly put away the juice. I fussed with my hair, trying to fix it while he wasn’t paying attention. Sadly, he turned right when I had just managed to make it worse. I blushed, looking away.

“Did you actually just wake up?” he asked. I blushed.

“Sort of, yes,” I replied, looking anywhere but at him. He laughed.

“Holy crap, you sleep late,” he chuckled. I frowned. “It’s 1:30.”

I gasped. “Holy shit! Are you serious? Oh, my god those assholes didn’t fucking wake me again! Oh I’m gonna kill them someday!”

He laughed. “Well, you seem back to normal.”

“Normal?” I frowned. “How am I... normal?”

I was genuinely confused. He rolled his eyes and took the few steps it would take to be in front of me. He leaned down and pecked my cheek before replying.

“You’re bubbly, the way I always wanna see you,” he replied. “Go get dressed; I want to take you out.”

I was still recovering from the kiss he’d placed on my cheek. It took me a moment to realize he’d said something to me. I blinked and blushed.

“O-out? Wh-what do you m-mean?” I stuttered.

“I mean we are getting to know each other because we haven’t actually had a normal conversation and learned something about the other since... never,” he replied. I frowned.

“Oh wow, you’re right,” I laughed awkwardly. “Er... you could sit if you’d like. I’ll be back
soon.”

*Lee*

I smiled as she ran out of the room to her bathroom. I sat down at the table and looked
around for a minute before pulling out my phone and fiddling with the apps and such. After ten minutes I heard a hairdryer going. I waited a few more minutes in silence, the silence only breaking when my phone rang. I picked up and brought it to my.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey, it’s Oli. Where the hell are you?” he asked.

“Jennifer’s,” I replied.

“Oh, shit did I interrupt anythi-” I cut him off.

“No you did not Oli!” I exclaimed, blushing like mad. He chuckled.

“Alright, use protection though,” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“Shut up!” I whined. His laughter came on full force at my response.

“Alright, have fun, whatever it is you two are up to,” he said. “Say hi to Jennifer for me will
you? And that I’m sorry about her friend.”

“Yeah, Oli,” I replied. “Bye.”

“Bye, mate.”

Jennifer came back out as I hung up. My jaw dropped as I took in what she had on. She had a pair of short jean shorts and a studded belt around her waist, a white All Time Low t-shirt that hugged her body perfectly and a pair of classic converse. Her hair was let loose, falling down her back, teased a bit at the top to get some volume in it. She blushed when she saw me staring and strapped her messenger bag over her shoulder.

“Umm... are we going?” she asked shyly. I blinked and jumped up, closing my mouth.

“Oh, umm... yes, of course,” I replied, walking over.

I took her hand timidly, praying that she didn’t pull away. When she didn’t I silently thanked any higher power and pulled her out of the apartment. She stopped to lock the door and we were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm bipolar when I write or something lol. Some of my chapters are depressing and then they go to being the farthest from it lol. Anyway, I hope this was good. I like it personally lol. Anyway, Lee and Jennifer are finally getting somewhere and I am happy about that lol. =D Any comments? suggestions?