Status: Last Update: October 23rd, 2010

Luck & Intuition

Vanity.

THE BURNING, SCARRING sensation raced down her throat as the whisky slid down into her stomach. Her eyes were shut tight as she picked up another shot glass and downed another one. She slammed the glass on the counter with a smirk plastered across her face, her eyes slowing open to see the cheering people around her.

How horrible! Being out on a Sunday night when having to work at nine the next day but that never stopped Autumn from living in the Vanity Haus. Hell, probably everyone is this joint had to work at nine tomorrow.

Autumn collected the cash from the jar and folded it, shoving it into her bra and taking her beer off the counter. “Pleasure doing business with you, boys.” She waved sweetly when she walked away with her heels clicking against the floor.

“Let’s dance.” A firm hand gripped on her wrist tight and spun her around. Her body was turned to face a man in her later twenties but it sure as hell looked like he was in his thirties. It didn’t matter to her though, she was twenty-two anyone was fair game for her.

She knew that look in the male’s eyes. It was eighty-five percent love and fifteen percent love. Oh, was it ever so typical to her! This happened every time she went out. Don’t they know by now that it’s always just a brief affair?

But hey, Autumn wasn’t one to not know what they saw in her. She was beautiful, she really was. It was just a key factor of her life that everyone saw. Hell, we need a little pretty because this country’s insane, anyway.

“What’s your name, sweetheart?”

Oh would you look at that. He’s already got a pet name for her. How sweet.

Autumn leaned up her tall, lean body and pressed her lips to his ear. “Not yours.” She turned on her heel and continued walking, taking swigs of her beer until it was finished. She tossed it to one of the security guards and also sent a wink.

Her heels clicked along the downtown Los Angeles sidewalk. She laughed to herself seeing how easy the males in this city were, they could be easily taken advantage at any point. Doubting they would actually know when they would be taken advantage.

[&&]

Autumn jiggled her keys to find her apartment key. She stuck it on the lock and pushed open the metal door, sliding off her heels and placing her keys on the table placed against the wall.

“Whoa! Holy shit, PDA, much?” Autumn shielded her ears, dropping her bag. “You have a bedroom for a reason, Storm.”

“Autry,” Storm giggled and removed Autumn’s hands from her face. “This is Nick.”

“Nick?”

“You know, the guy I told you I was seeing?”

Autumn raised an eyebrow and looked at this Nick character. He was average height with ridiculous poodle brown hair with matching brown eyes. He wore a white v-neck shirt and dark washed jeans. He was fit, no doubt from his muscular arms.

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you. Storm’s told me a lot about you.” Nick held out his hand in offer for a shake. Autumn took his hand reluctantly and shook it.

“Oh I’m sure she has. Little Stormy here is just a mouth full of words!” Autumn’s eyes shot directly at Storm who had a cheesy love smile on her face. Disgusting.

Nick pulled his hand away and glanced at his wrist watch. “I should get going. My brothers and I have an interview in the morning. I’ll call you after, Storm.” Nick placed a kiss to Storm’s cheek, walking to the door.

As soon as the door fell shut, that is when Storm’s spaz attack begin.

“Isn’t he just the cutest, Autry?!” She sighed dreamily, clasping her hands over her heart.

Is she serious right now? He’s just a guy with poodle-like hair!

“Oh yeah, he’s just a fantastic dog.” Autumn smirked and walked into the kitchen to take out a water bottle.

“Autumn, that was Nick Jonas.”

“Nick who?”

“Nick Jonas, you know, from the Jonas Brothers.” Autumn had a blank expression across her face. “He’s in a band with his two older brothers Joe and Kevin. Your work did a cover page on Kevin when he got married to Taylor Pyatt... remember?”

“Oh that model girl?!”

“Yeah!”

“Yeah, no.” Autumn shook her head. “But I suppose Nick seems like a nice guy for the whole three seconds I met him.”

“Yes.” Storm looked down, smiling. “He’s amazing.”

Well that’s not a line you hear every day. Can you say cliché, sweetie?

“Right. Well work calls my name in... five hours. Goodnight! And I have to look my absolute best, not like I already don’t.”

Vain.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think about the first chapter?
Thank you to the 2 subscribers I already have without a chapter even being posted ;)
Comments? (: