Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 28

I never gave much fucks for the first day of school. From the first day kid's could speak, I knew I wouldn't like school. People there don't make any sense to me. I just hate dealing with them
 I covered my head with my blanket and resumed my child's play position. "Teresa if you don't get your butt out of that bed and into the shower before you're late for school..." That was all I heard from outside my door. I sighed loud enough for her to here. 'Now Peluche!" I rolled my eyes and threw the covers off my head. I absentmindedly searched for my phone under my pillow. I had received a text from Jacob surprisingly. A weight felt like it was lifted off my shoulders. Do you think I could drive you to school? I sighed again.  
I wasn't really planning on going. I told him honestly. I sat back on the bed and waited for the text back. It received it almost immediately. We can't have that can we. It's going to mess up the whole school flow ;]  I rolled my eyes and responded with a "Sure only because Kim is probably going to be way to happy this morning." I stood and stretched. Time to go to hell. When I got to the bathroom I shut the door stripped. I stared at the face in the bathroom mirror. 
My face could easily compare to a unfed child. My usually plump cheeks were sunken in. My brown eyes were still brown but they looked tired, lifeless. My hair spindling out of control down my shoulders. I listened quietly to the tick of the clock over head. It seemed the ticking was in time with my heart.
And the weather here had gotten my skin overly pale. I jumped and grabbed my towel when I heard the knob wiggly around. I just barely had the towel around myself when my mom waked into the bathroom. 
"So much for privacy." I mumbled under my breath while trying to cover my body.
"I'm your mom you don't need anything private." My eyes widen at her as she closed the door behind her.
"Mama." 
" We need to talk."
"We already talked remember?" I placed the towel on the sink and got into the shower.
"Yes, and I know that you know that you aren't to speak to Paul anymore." I turned on the shower and it rain cold on to me. I tried not to think about what the name meant to me. I let the water stream over my face. 
"I wanted to to tell you to try hard this year for school. I know you can do a good job and you're a smart girl."
The glass slid open and I felt a cool breeze hit my chest. Goosebumps rose all over my body. 
"Will you promise to try?" I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. " I'm promise." I grabbed my bottle of shower gel. "Promise?" she said again with her pinkie out. A smile eased it's way on my face. "Promise." I linked my pinkie with her. The pinkie lock was followed my mother poking me in the stopping. Stunned I back away. "What are you doing?" I said breathing heavily after the assault. "Tickling you." she said. I rolled my eyes. " You know I'm not ticklish." I rubbed the gel on to my shoulder. 'It's still funny to watch you freak out." her eyes traveled to my stomach.  I began to grow uncomfortable under her gaze.
"You look so tiny. I'm going to make you some breakfast."
She slid the door shut. I was relieved when she left the bathroom. Showering in peace was something I needed to function properly.
I got to my room after my shower and slowly picked out what I was going to wear. I decided on and old gray and black baseball tee, black skinny jeans paired with a denim vest and black combat boots. I pulled my useless messy hair into a messy bun. I went to the mirror to analyze my face. It was a real piece of work. I decided I needed some eyeliner and some lip gloss. If I could have it my way I'd be in front of this mirror for a lifetime trying to fix this face, but what's the point of working on a lost cause.
"Teddy." I heard my mother's voice call. I gave up on my face and grabbed my phone from my bed. When I exited my room I noticed an exhausted looking Seth just now entering the bathroom. "Morning." I mumbled he bumped in the frame of the door before mumbling something incoherent. I patted him on the shoulder because he was never a morning person. When I entered the kitchen my mom grinned at me.
"I made you some coffee and toast." I took a seat the table and grabbed the mug of coffee. 'Thanks." 
"You look beautiful." I smiled into the cup and took a sip. It was hot going down my throat, warming my whole body. "Thanks Ma," My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out as I bit into my cream cheese bagel. I'm outside. It was finally time to go. "I got to go."
"I thought I could bring you." She was floundering. 'Mama I'm a junior in high school. You can't bring me to school." My statement seemed to embarrass her because she took a moment to answer. "Who says? You're still my baby." "Mom, you haven't taken me to school since Daddy died." I stared at her... waiting for a certain expression of hurt to wash over her face. 
She didn't look me in the eye, her fingers however trembled slightly as she covered the butter. Hurting her is the last thing I wanted to do, but her trying to be in my life was weird. I didn't like it, I've been way to use to depending on myself.
"Who's driving you?" she asked
"Doesn't matter." I said quickly 
My bag pack was light when I slid it on my shoulders, I wonder how long that would last. "Who is he Teresa?" She got that motherly look in her eye as her fingers gripped my shoulder.
"Jacob Black." I said simply.
"Jacob Black? As in Billy Black's son?" I took another sip of my coffee finishing it. "Um yeah sure. I got to go though." I kissed her cheek because she seemed to be in her own little world. When she came too she grabbed my face and kissed me on both cheeks. "Te quiero peluche." She hugged me long and hard like I was about to go off to fight in war. "Okay Mama. I love you too." I patted her back to she would hopefully release me. She kissed my forehead. "Remember , No tome ninguna mierda." I rolled my eyes and almost laughed. "Goodbye mom." I placed the bagel in my mouth and walked out the house.
I sighed heavily as I closed the door behind me. It was damp outside ad always. I could feel the humid moisture in the air. The smell of the wet earth relaxed me. When Jacob saw me he smiled. The smile didn't look like it was for me. The smile was way to sweet and coated with sugar for me. looking behind was probably the most insecure think I could have done but I didn't it anyways.
"Hey Teddy, good morning beautiful." I chewed on the piece of toast in my mouth slightly freaked out. I chuckled. "Right, good morning." 
"How've you been?" I noticed he crossed his arms around his chest and he looked troubled. I rolled my eyes. "Wow does all of La Push know?" A smirk made it's way onto his face.
"That Paul's an asshole?" I grinned. "Yeah I think everyone knows that."
"So do you want to get going.?" he asked. He handed me a helmet.
"Yeah," I said smiling warmly at him. When he got on the bike I followed after him. "Don't fall this time." 
"I've been working on my balance skills since last time." I placed the helmet on my head and latched my hands on his waist. He kicked back the kick stand and revved the engine. "Try not to drive like a monkey on crack por favor again." " My driving is great."
"Yeah about that, no. Or kill me, I don't want to go to school anyways."  
"Nothing ever happens here." I watched his face from the rear view mirror. " You have nothing to worry about."
"That's what you think." 
"There's no convincing you is there?"
"Nope, being stubborn is one of my best characteristics." I gave him a genuine smile. He rolled his eyes. Not admitting he looked attractive while doing so would mean I was in denial. I bit my lip. 'Okay let's get going." I patted his hip enthusiastically. He took off after that. I tried hard not to think about school which ended up with me thinking about Jacob, and the fact I was so smiley around him today. We reached a stop light and I withdrew my hands from around his waist. I looked to my right when a car pulled up beside me it, was Paul. His eyes bore into mine. 
And he looked hurt, not angry. I scoffed. I wrapped my arms around Jacob's waist and locked my fingers above his abdomen. "Let's get this day over with." I whispered to myself. 
We drove into the school parking lot and apparently Jacob Black is the only fucking person in La Push who owns a motorcycle because everyone was looking at us. When we pulled into a parking space I slowly got off. "Either you've never been seen with a girl before or no one's ever seen a motorcycle before." I pulled the helmet of my head. Jacob swung his leg off and looked at me. "It's because everyone knows everyone here, and you're new." I sighed suddenly the nervousness was getting to me.
"You'll be fine." He cautiously reached his hand forward and squeezed my hand. " Uh thanks." I said bringing my hand away. "Teddy!" I heard a voice shout. I looked over my shoulder. It was Kim and Jared and Seth. I had forget about him.
As usual she was sporting a pair of ridiculous heels. Jared and Seth at her tail. "Are you ready for your first day? I called you this morning!"
"Um No, sorry didn't get it."
Her eyes averted away from me like she didn't believe me. "Oh hey Jake." She smiled at him "Did you guys come here together?" She stared at Jacob with a knowing smile on her face. Jared grabbed onto her arm. Jacob gave her a long look before rolling his eyes. "Kimmie." Jared said tugging her.  
"Yes we came here together Kim." Jacob narrowed his eyes at her. I watched Paul's car pull up a couple cars down from where we stood. "Let's get inside." 
"Yeah," Kim reached her hand out to me for me to hold and I took it. 
I glanced behind me at Jacob. "Thanks for the ride Black." I caught Paul's eyes on me he was stalking behind us with a piercing look in his eyes. I quickly looked him over. His outfit..typical douche bag outfit. White v-neck and dark jeans. How strong he was.. I felt fear course through my veins. When I was sure our eyes held I flipped him off. I turned my head and continued forward "Okay high school here I come." "That's the spirit Teddy." Kim rubbed my hand soothingly
Apparently nothing wanted to go in my favor because when I got homeroom Paul was there. I did what I was best at and that was ignoring people. After homeroom we headed to period one. I had Algebra III first thankfully. I like to call myself directionally challenged. This would have to be the smallest school I've went to but I still found myself lost.
I was wandering around the school aimlessly and noticed someone struggling with a locker.
"Ahh Fuck me sideways without lube." My eyes narrowed at her colorful word choice. "Please locker open and I'll give you all the riches in the world." A very short blonde girl was balancing her notebooks in one hand while trying to open her locker, in crutches. I was about to walk away when I heard a loud crash echo through the empty hallway. 
I just knew if I walked away now I would slip in fall into a crevice straight to Hell. Of all the reasons to be sent to Hell I didn't want this to be the reason.
I jogged toward her and pick up the fallen crutch. It was spray painted black with cushions placed strategically where her arms were to rest.
"Uh thank God. You're a life saver Hun." As I handed it back I looked her over. She was white with blue eyes and long blonde hair. The kind of girls I stay away from back "home". "You're welcome." I said as I watched her struggle. "Er do you need any help?"
"Only with opening this retarded locker." 
"Here let me try." She clumsily moved to the side. I noticed her cast was also black. "How'd you manage that?" I asked curiously. 
"I fell down the stairs. It was so stupid." "My combo's 12-36-42" I spun in her combination and it opened. "Wow I'm such a failure." 
"Here." She handed me a notebook. "Put that in there for me please." I placed the the notebook on the lowest shelf in the locker.
"Is that is?"
"Yeah thank you." She adjusted herself on the crutched again. "Oh shoot, I didn't even introduce myself sorry. I'm Felicity Davis. I'd shake if I could." She smiled wildly at me. 'I'm Teddy." I said hooking my fingers in my belt loops
"Thanks again for helping me." 
"No prob." I looked down.
"I'm obviously not from around here if you couldn't tell by my...kind personality." I chuckled at this.
"Oh so the people aren't kind around here?" I wanted her to think she had offended me.
"My crutches fell twice on my way here and no one helped me."  
I laughed. "Where are you from white girl?" 
"Boston."
"How's you get all the way here?" 
"My parents are hippies and they think that Boston's city life is influencing me. Plus she's knocked up and having triplets. They say they want them to grow up in a nice environment and be more in touch with nature."
I listened intently to her. "Of all the places." What's worst parents who care to much or parents who don't give a shit?
"Exactly. And I left all of my friends."
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. " Yeah that must suck. I kind of have to get to class..." I slowly backed away from her "Wait where are you going?" she said limping forward.
"Off to room 219.."
She looked down at a paper in her hand. "Me too. We can go together. I think it's like the hallway over."
"Lead the way White Girl."
"Are you going to like call me that now?' She asked while hopping forward.
I nodded. "Si, how are you even able to live in this reservation?" I looked her outfit over. She wore shorts that I probably couldn't get away with because they were so short with a a plain turquoise sweatshirt.
"We pulled a ton a strings and it took forever but we finally got permission."
"Probably should get to class."
"After you.." she nervously said. Turns out I had passed the classroom twice.. I sighed. I gripped the doorknob, twisted and pushed. I was met by probably two dozen pairs of eyes.
"Nice of you to join us." The male said with a friendly smile.

"Who are you two?" I looked over and Felicity who just limped to my side. "Not happy to be here, At all." I mumbled. The class chuckled. "What was that?" the teacher asked adjusting his glasses.

"Teresa." I said quietly. "And you?" his eyes averted to my right. "Felicity." She chirped. He studied her for a moment.
"Find and empty seat ladies. Welcome to Algebra III."

I felt curious eyes watching us. I wasn't sure if it was because it was me or Mrs. Boston.

We found two empty seats in the back of the class. I removed my bag from my shoulders and settled in.
"Teddy." I heard a voice whisper. I looked up slowly. My eyes met with Jacob's eyes. He smiled warmly at me. "What are the odd of us having a class together." He leaned his elbow on the front of the desk. I watched the way the skin around his elbow tighten, his muscles bulging. " I don't know with thousands of citizens that inhabit La Push you'd think they'd be slim." I smirked at him
His eyes gleamed as his smiled grew. "Loving the change of perspective."
I rolled my eyes. "Don't get too comfortable." He stared at me for a moment longer before turning to facing the front of the room.

When he turned around I smiled and wrapped my arms across my chest. I shook my head and sighed. "Boyfriend?" Felicity said. I had almost forgotten she was next to me. I looked her in the eyes.

"No." I said biting my lip. "Why? interested?" I gave her look. I felt slightly uncomfortable talking to her about it.
"Totally." She said in a hushed tone. "He's fine." I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Go for it. I think he likes white girls." I said with a forced laugh. I stared at the back of his head.
"I'm different kind of white girl." She nudged. I smiled at her and winked.

"Go on rock and rock his world." My hands seems to hold pounds and pounds of tension. I stroked them roughly.
"This is going to be an amazing year." Her voice raised about 3 octaves, anyone could tell she was smiling. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes was difficult.
"Yeah hopefully."
♠ ♠ ♠
:] Thanks,
Comment,
Subscribe
Message me! :D
Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60695472