Status: Complete

Eeine Meeine

About ***ing Time!

Hailey's POV

"Hailey, can I talk to you for a second...alone." he asked.
"Whatever you have to say to my girlfriend, you can say in front of me." Nick said glaring at him.
"Nick!"
"What? I don't trust him! Obviously by the way Megan is basically forcing him to say it, I have just reason!"
"You know what? FINE! I'll just tell you here! It won't make a difference where I tell you, because it's gonna be the last thing I probably ever say to you. Hailey, I'm in love with you. I have been since your family moved to Sorel when we were little kids and at this rate I probably always will." Marc said and my jaw dropped. By now, the whole party was starring at us, like we were the entertainment hired for the party. My mind was reeling, I didn't know what to think. I didn't know who to chose. Marc. Nick. Marc. Nick. Marc. Nick. Eenie meenie minie mo. Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers let him go. Eenie meenie minie moe. My mother said to pick the very best one and-
"Hailey?" Megs said and I stopped glancing from Marc to Nick along to my thoughts.
"Are you freaking doing Eeine Meenie Minie Moe?!?!?!" She whispered in my ear and I nodded.
"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!" she yelled. Everyone looked at her confused and she looked at me, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Hails, you want to tell them how you were picking between Marc and Nick in your head?" she asked and I shook my head.
"She wasn't." Anne said stepping up beside Megs and Megs nodded.
"HAILEY! REALLY?" Anne yelled and I blushed a bit.
"Don't you think this is a little to important of a decision to rely on Eenie Meeine Minie Mo?" Anne asked and I glanced over at Marc and Nick. Nick looked pissed off, but that was most likely from the fact I even CONSIDERED Marc. Marc on the other hand...looked crushed.
"You were gonna rely on a children's rhyme to decide who you loved the most?" Marc asked and I swallowed hard, instantly regretting it.
"Marc-"
"Save it Hails. I didn't realize how little this mattered to you. I thought maybe you'd feel the same way I did when I told you, my mistake." Marc said before turning around and walking out the ballroom doors.
"I can't BELIEVE you'd embarrass me like that! What's worse is I can't believe you'd have to chose between us! I'm your boyfriend!" Nick yelled.
"Correction you WERE my boyfriend." I said before running after Marc. I ran out of the ballroom and into the lobby just in time to see him storm out of the front doors. I sprinted across the busy lobby and busted out the front doors only to be met with a down pour of epic proportions. I swear it was karma getting back at me for what I just did.
"MARC!" I yelled and he kept walking. I ran up to him and grabbed his arm, stopping him long enough to get in front of him a make a wall blocking him from walking past me.
"Hailey I have nothing to say to-"
"Then just listen." I said, rain running down my face, into my eyes, making it hard to see, but camouflaging the tears that were threatening to overflow.
"Marc. I-I'm an idiot! I can't believe I ACTUALLY had to think about it! I mean I've had the biggest crush on you for as long as I can remember and only started dating Nick because I wanted to make the feelings I had for you dissapear because you mean so much to me that I never want to lose you and..and I was so shocked when you said that you loved me too that I couldn't think and when I did the first thing I though was pure insanity! If you had told me that without Nick standing there I wouldn't have had to think about it. I love you Marc! I have since you tried to show me how to play hockey on the St. Laurence in the winter when it froze over when we were 10! I-" Marc cut off my rambling speech by cupping my face in his hands, placing his thumbs over my lips so I couldn't say anything. He glanced into my eyes, searching for something...I'm not sure what. He moved his thumbs and before I could ask what exactly he was looking for, he answered me. By crashing his lips into mine, sliding his hands to the back of my neck, pulling me closer. I was shocked. I'd never felt something like this before. It was so different from when Nick kissed me...so much better! I could feel the sparks everyone talks about when they kiss the person they're meant for. It was amazing! I wanted more of it, so I leaned up on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He dropped his hands from my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting my feet off the ground so he didn't have to lean down as much. It's not my fault he's a freaking 6'1 giant and I'm 5'5. I wrapped my legs around his waist so they weren't hanging there awkwardly.
"FINALLY!" I heard Anne's familiar voice yell and we broke apart to see Megs and Anne high five-ing.
"ABOUT FUCKING TIME!" Megs added and I shook my head, my friends are weird.
"They're weird but you love them." Marc said and I smiled, yes he knows me THAT well.
"Get out of my head!" I said and he chuckled. "On second thought, don't. I want to see if you know what I'm thinking now." I said and he smiled.
"You want me to kiss you." he said.
"So what are you waiting for?" I asked.
"Making sure you're done playing Eenie Meenie." he said and I smiled.
"You." I pointed at the hotel behind Marc where Nick was, before pointing at Marc. "Are" I pointed back to the hotel. "NOT." I emphasized the word and Marc laughed. "It." I whispered to him before crashing my lips into his.