Messy, messy

Chapter Five

After we got back from the movie, we all decided that Faith and Hope were just going to spend the night at mydad’s place. We ended up going outside and having a bonfire/cookout instead of just sitting inside the house like lazy bums for the rest of the night. Luckily, we figured this out of the way home, so we were able to stop at a store and get hotdogs and other fire-roasting items. I think that night was probably one of the giggliest of my life, seeing as how there were three girls jumping around and singing all night long. Of course, I was also jumping around and singing, but I wasn’t gigglingmuch.

By the time we were laughed out, we went inside and got ready for bed. Of course, Macy didn’t want to go to sleep, but Faith ended up getting her to sleep by telling her a bedtime story. Aftermy girl Faith putmy baby girl Macy to sleep, she, Hope and I had to figure out who was sleeping where.

“You two can take Alexander’s bed and I'll take the couch,” Hope offered.

“No, you guys can have my bed. I'll sleep in my dad’s room,” I insisted.

“No, I'm telling you to take the bed. I don’t care,”

“Hope, I don’t mind sleeping in my dad’s room,”

“Alexander, just do what I'm saying,” she said, laughing.

“How about this? If you’re so insistent on us sharing, you can sleep in my dad’s room so that you aren’t sleeping on the couch. I don’t want you messing up your back,”

“But will your dad mind me sleeping in his bed?”

“He’s not going to know. He’s never home anyways,” I said, trying not to sound too devastated by it. I’m pretty used to it by now; it’s been almost two years already that he’s been doing the ‘prolonged business trip’ thing.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to - “

“Hope, just go with him,” Faith laughed, shaking her head and putting her hand on her sister’s shoulder. “He’s not going to let you sleep on the couch and you’re not going to let him sleep on his own. So just settle on even ground and sleep in his dad’s room, yeah?”

“Yeah, yeah, alright,” Hope laughed, joking around in a sisterly way. That’s one thing I sometimes wish I had; a sibling.

“So are we going to go to bed now, or are we going to stay up for a little longer?” I asked, looking at the two girls.

“I’m kinda whooped, so I’m heading off to dream-land real soon here,” Hope said, batting her eyes a bit and heading towards the bathroom, where her bag was. “I’ll see you two tomorrow morning. We’re having pancakes, right?” she asked, hinting, being not-so-subtle, that she wanted pancakes for breakfast.

“Yeah,” I answered, smirking as her face lit up. “as long as you’re making them.”

“You’re a mean person,” she pouted.

“And you have the vocabulary of a fourth grader,” Faith chuckled.

“Again; mean!”

“And you’re older than me,” she muttered, laughing under her breath.

“Exactly. You aught to respect your elders,”

“Oh, yes, great wise one,” I said, looking at her like she was the village shaman or elder or whatever, and bowing down to her slightly. “Would you like your denture cup filled before you go to bed? Or perhaps some prune juice?”

“Oh, ha, ha, Mr. Sarcasm,” she scoffed, turning up her nose at me as she turned back away. “I’ll just deal with you later. I can’t sleep when I’m annoyed.”

“Love you, Sis!” Faith called to her, not yelling too loud since we just got Macy to bed.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” she laughed, closing to bathroom door so she could change and get ready for bed. I turned to Faith and put my arm around her shoulder.

“Do you want to go to bed, or stay up, or what?” I asked, looking at her sideways and brushing some of her black hair out of her face. There was something…different, I guess, about her hair. It felt a bit off from what most people’s hair felt like, but I couldn’t quite place what it was.

“We can act like we’re going to bed, but then just talk, if you want to,” she suggested, looking back at me through her caramel-colored eyes.

“That works for me,” I chuckled. “I’m really not all that tired yet.”

“Yeah, me neither,” she shrugged, placing her arm around my waist and squeezing me a bit. “Thank you for a wonderful night.”

“Oh, you’re very welcome,” I smiled. “I had a lot of fun tonight too. Now, come on; let’s ‘go to bed’.”

“I just have to grab my bag really quick and I’ll be right in, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll be in my room,” I chuckled, being slightly more than obvious. She walked off toward the bathroom that her sister was in. since that’s where she put her bag too, and I walked down the hall a bit to my room, turning on the light as I heard her knock on the bathroom door. I was still smiling to myself, and I don’t exactly know why, but I do know that it had something to do with Faith. I just cant believe that I found someone as great as her. I only wish I’d met her earlier so that I could spend more time with her.

The light illuminated everything in my room as if it was still day light, and I realized that I don’t spend nearly as much time in my own room as most people spend in theirs. It reminded me too much of my father, and it depresses me how little I see him. He doesn’t understand that I don’t blame him for the cancer. He just keeps going on thinking it’s all his fault, and in turn keeps avoiding coming home.

“Hey, you okay?” Faith asked, coming up behind me and looking at me from the side. I didn’t even notice that I was still in the same spot, standing in the doorway with my hand on the light switch.

“Oh, uh, yeah,” I chuckled, getting my self under control. “Just thinking.”

“About what?” she asked, draping her arm around my shoulder as we walked towards me bed, closing the door on our way.

“My dad,” I sighed. “But it’s okay. Let’s focus on something else right now.”

“Like what?” she smirked, most likely knowing what I was referring to.

“Us,” I smiled, closing the distance between us with a kiss. Yeah, that wasn’t exactly what I’d call ‘talking’, but I think I speak for both of us when I say that we didn’t quite care. A few minutes later and things were starting to get a bit heavy. She’d pulled me down on top of her after she fell backwards onto my gray and blue, quilt-patterned bedspread, and her hands were working their way up the front of my shirt. I had my arms on either side of her, holding myself up so that I wouldn’t fall on her, but my arms aren’t as strong as they once were, thanks to cancer treatments, and I soon had to readjust myself because my arms were about to give out. I rolled off to the side and she rotated with me so that we were laying on our sides, legs tangled, facing each other for the most part. As I moved, Faith took the opportunity to pull my shirt over my head. I leaned back over to her, and started kissing her jaw, trailing gentle kisses down to the soft area of her neck, right above her clavicle. I must have been so tuned in to what was happening that I didn’t even hear the car pull in the driveway, the front door open, or the footsteps walking through the house. But I noticed when my door was pulled open to show my dad standing there, eyes wide, mouth agape.
♠ ♠ ♠
well now...how's that for a chapter?

(and Sarina, if you're reading this, the rest of our plan will unfold in the next chapter *semi-evil-grin* thank you for the great advise, because now i've got inspiration out the wazoo!)

and now...what do you guys think? what's gonna happen, huh?
i'm excited, how about you all?