Sequel: Our Love
Status: Redoing!

Young Love

Three.

Namid listened intently as Jacob's father was talking about the tribe's history. Even though she had no idea what he was saying, the way he told it was enamoring, he was exceptional at it. She could see herself loving to go to these.

The wind picked up and the salty ocean smell carried over to the group. The fire danced as the wind blew itself on it. Namid scrunched up her nose at the smell of seaweed, it smelt disgusting to her. She pulled her jacket closer to her body and snuggled into it. Even though it was cold out the shared body heat and the fire kept her nice and warm, just how she liked it.

Even though she loved listening to Jacob's father she couldn't help herself but to look around at the people who were in attendance.

A girl five feet away sat next to Seth with a sour look upon her face, she kept glancing at a woman with scars on her face and the man who was of course tall, tan, and black hair. He had his arm wrapped around the scarred girl. The sour girl's face turned even sourer as the man kissed the scarred part of the other woman.

Next to Seth and her was a man who stared blankly at Jacob's father, a bit of drool coming out of the left corner of his mouth. He had curly hair and a lighter complexion but was still tan like the rest. Next the boy was Embry, the boy who she had met with Seth. He too seemed to be bored out of his mind but hid it better.

She skipped over the others, lots a faces but stopped when she felt a tugging. Next to the scarred woman was another boy. Not as old as Sam but not as young as Seth, around Jared's age, she guessed. He was staring at her. Namid's body shrunk under his gaze. He stared at her for a while and she started to feel a bit uncomfortable and shifted in her seat. He seemed to notice her apprehension and stopped staring and looked down onto the ground.

Namid wanted to look away from him but couldn't; now she was staring at him!

He brought his hands to his ears and pulled them out. He then looked up and puffed out his cheeks and lowered his lips and looked at her. Namid's eyes widened. He looked like a monkey!

Happiness bubbled in her chest and a laugh almost ran from her lips but she held it in, knowing that everyone would stare at her like a weirdo. This guy was funny!

He let go of his ears and relaxed his face. He hid it from her again. Namid shifted in her seat, but not out of discomfort but in anticipation.

Next he brought both of his hands to the sides of his mouth and spread his lips open. He then stuck out his tongue and crossed his eyes. Namid rolled her head back and smiled still trying to hold in her laughs that were begging to burst out of her body.

Namid looked back at him and he smiled brightly at her and warmness ran throughout her body. This guy wasn't as scary as before. He seems pretty cool.

She had no idea who he was but he was okay in her book. Throughout the rest of Jacob's father's story-telling Paul would do random faces at her and she would hold in her laughter, but each time it would get harder and harder for her.

Namid did notice that the people around her took the legends too seriously. Everyone always seemed to shiver when the 'cold ones' were mentions or puff out their chests when the 'spirit warriors' were being mentioned. Namid was confused, it was just a story.

Even her new friend did it too.

When the stories were finished everyone started to stand up and pack up the food from earlier. But not her new friend. He kept smiling and staring at her.

He then abruptly stood up and starting walking over to her. Namid smiled as he walked over to her.

"Namid, come on." Kim said, standing next to her on the left. "We have to go, I promised Clayton I would get you home at 10, and guess what, it's almost 10."

Namid looked over to her new friend who faltered in his stepping. He was looking down at the sand and with his eyebrow scrunched up. He then turned his head and looked behind him. His body followed and started walking over to the table that once held the food that was now surrounded by the tall, dark haired boys. From their backs they all almost looked the same.

While he was walking over to the table he turned his head back around and gave a small smile and wink to Namid and then turned back and walked off. Namid blushed, smiled and looked to the ground, kicking the sand with her new sneakers.

"Namid!" Kim called, Namid looked up and noticed that Kim wasn't next to her anymore but up by her car beckoning Namid over. Namid sighed softly and trudged up the small hill that separated the beach from the large woods that surrounded it almost.

She jumped into the backseat of the car and sighed. Kim turned on the car and put it into reverse and headed out onto the road.

"Did you have a good time Nami?" Kim asked, looking at Namid through her rear-view mirror.

"Yeah," Namid answered softly. "It was cool."

Kim sighed and looked back at the road; she could tell that Namid wasn't in a mood to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Review:)