I Can Transform You

Moving On

Image

POV: Frank

“No. No way. Not happening. No, no, NO!” I shouted, folding my arms in a childish way.

Okay, I might sound like a stubborn asshole right now, but I have reason to act this way… I’m not getting my way here!

“Frank, you don’t really have a say in this. Do you want to live on the streets?” my mum sighed, crossing her arms too.

“Yes! I would rather live on the fucking streets than live in the same house as him!” I spat overdramatically.

I am known for being quite the drama Queen…

Truth is, no… I don’t want to live on the damn streets. The streets round here are practically owned by tramps that look like they want to start a fight with me.

“Don’t you dare use that tone with me,” my mum warned, but she knows as well as I do that I’ll use whatever fucking tone I want with her. She’s never done anything about my attitude before and she never will.

She’s a pushover and I’m a delinquent.

“But this is not fucking fair! Why don’t you care about what I want?” I whined selfishly, unable to deal with the fact that my mum was putting me second for the first time ever, to her new oh-so-precious lover.

“Because this is not about you! This is about me and the man I love. We’re moving in together and it’s time you grew up and accepted it,” she retorted sharply, before letting out another extensive sigh. “For goodness sake, Frank, you’re seventeen years old… Start acting your age.”

I scowled at her and stuffed my hands in my pocket.

“Don’t you want me to be happy?” she asked desperately, making me roll my eyes and avert them to the floor.

If her being happy means me being miserable, then no, not particularly…

Yes, I’m selfish. So sue me.


“What about Dad? You don’t fucking care about him anymore!” I choked angrily, feeling my eyes start to burn.

I immediately turned my back on my mother, refusing to let her see me cry. No one was ever allowed to see me cry. (Not that I cry a lot or anything…)

“Frankie… please. Darling, it’s been six years. Of course I still care about him - he’ll always be in our hearts, but it’s time we moved on properly with our lives,” she spoke softly, coming over and putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged her hand off my shoulder, flinching away from her touch.

“I’m not moving on,” I growled. “And I’m not moving in with the fucking Way’s!”

With that, I stormed off in a huff, out of the house, slamming the front door behind me.

POV: Gerard

Image

Me and my brother were sat on the sofa, side by side, opposite my dad on the other side of the room, after being summoned here to the living room.

The atmosphere seemed tense. I racked my brains automatically for an idea of what I might have done to piss him off.

If it was about me kicking Miss Porter’s cat, then I could explain… That overgrown fur ball attacked me first! I was just walking home from school, minding my own business, when, out of nowhere, it pounced at me and attached itself to my leg. And technically, I didn’t kick it, I was just shaking my leg vigorously to get it the hell off of me.

“I called the two of you down here, because I wanted to ask how you would feel about Linda Iero and her son moving in with us,” my dad revealed straightforwardly.

My old man has never been one to beat around the bush.

“They’re going to live here?” I asked dumbly, feeling unnerved by the thought alone.

I knew my dad was dating Frank Iero’s mum, but I never knew the relationship was so serious. This realisation sickened me.

“Sounds good to me. Frank’s a pretty cool kid,” my brother shrugged nonchalantly, making me glare at him.

How can he be so calm about this? This is HUGE!

And if ‘cool’ means a complete moron who is stuck up his own ass... Then yes, that is exactly what Frank is.

Ugh, he thinks he’s so amazing because all the girls seem to fancy him and all the guys want to be his friend… But he is the most obnoxious little prick I’ve ever met. Not a day at school passes by without him and his army of morons starting shit with me.

I don’t know why Mikey likes him. My younger brother is a strange one… Him and Frank have some kind of friendship that makes no sense to me; they don’t hang around together, they’re just kind of casual friends.

I don’t have any casual friends. I have two close best friends, Ray and Bob, and we stick together. But Mikey is one of those kids that drifts between gangs; he’s the one that is somehow friends with random people from all social cliques.

As for Frank, well… He’s the most popular kid in school (for some reason that is beyond me).

“Gerard?” my dad suddenly broke the silence and brought me back to the conversation, snapping me out of my head. I often drifted away with my own thoughts, off into a little world of my own.

“Uh…” I responded hesitantly, not wanting to voice my feelings because I knew how important this all was to my dad. For the first time since my mum had left three years ago, he actually seemed happy again… How could I ruin that?

“It’s fine, dad,” I mumbled reluctantly, only managing to persuade myself to lie with the thought of being able to go back up to my room and back to playing on Xbox Live once this conversation was done, and it would be over quicker if I said that.

“Thank you both. I’m so glad you’re okay with this. We’re going to be so happy,” my dad beamed, and I decided lying was worth it when it made my dad that happy.

But he was sorely mistaken believing that I was honestly happy about this, and he’d definitely get a shock when he met the idiot that is Frank Iero, because I’m sure Frank was just as ecstatic about this as I was.

Okay, so I guess my life is about to change, but my behaviour towards Frank is not going to. I'm determined to keep on pretending he doesn’t exist and just ignore everything he says to me. He isn't worth a second of my time.

I got up to leave the living room and started walking towards the door, when, suddenly, my dad called after me; “Oh, Gerard, he might have to share your room, if that’s okay… Just until we fix up the guest room…”

I stopped dead in the hallway and had to literally resist the temptation to bang my head against a wall.

It was times like this that made me wonder why I practically fought Mikey for the biggest room in the house…

“Okay,” I replied through gritted teeth, stomping back up to my room.

Well, my plan to ignore Frank's existence just got a whole lot harder…

Why is my life such a bitch?
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Comments? ♥
-xoxo