I Can Transform You

Liar

POV: Frank

It was break time and I was standing round the back of the bike sheds by myself, leaning against a wall and texting Lydia. Gerard, Matty and everyone else were chilling pretty close by, but I was an outcast to their conversation. Even when I heard Gerard call my name and try and get me involved, I stayed out of it.

I couldn’t be bothered with any of them right now. I was in a bad mood thanks to Gerard, and I am not good at pretending to be fine with people when I’m not, so I just planned to avoid Gerard until I had calmed down a bit.

But that plan didn’t work out too well…

All of a sudden, Gerard stood up from the wall he was sitting on next to Matty, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him walking over to me. I didn’t look at him. I gritted my teeth and kept my head down, concentrating on the text I was sending, which said ‘Hey babe. U ok? Where were u last night? xxxx’

(I don’t come up with the most imaginative texts. In fact, I don’t tend to text people very often, I’d rather just ring them. But Lydia hasn’t been answering my calls, so this is a last resort.)

“Uh, hey,” his voice suddenly greeted me, and the pressure I was putting on my phone keys automatically got a lot harder.

I didn’t respond to his greeting. I didn’t even acknowledge his arrival. I hoped that if I ignored him he would get the hint to leave me alone.

But he didn’t.

“What’s wrong?” He persisted annoyingly.

I fell for you and you fell for my ex. Now I’ve turned into a complete and utter jealous mess.

I exhaled heavily but didn’t say a word to him. After a few seconds, he snapped.

“Alright, have I done something to you or are you on your fucking period?” He demanded, sounding very confused.

I couldn’t take his ignorance anymore. I just do not have the ability to remain calm and act like nothing is wrong in these situations.

“You know exactly what you’ve done,” I growled, finally looking up from my phone and glaring at him.

He recoiled slightly and his eyes widened.

And with that, I suddenly turned on my heel and stormed off in the other direction away from him. I didn't glance over my shoulder, but I could hear him running after me.

“What are you talking about?” He called after me in shock.

I kept walking, but this time I turned to look at him with narrowed eyes, not falling for his act of innocence.

“You fucked her,” I retorted flatly, somehow keeping the emotion I was feeling inside out of my voice.

“I… What?" He questioned, sounding very confused. Then, I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me back, forcing me to stop walking. My eyes locked with his again and I noticed the lost look in them. "Fucked who?”

Oh drop the act, Gerard. I’m still not buying it.

“You really need me to narrow it down for you? How many girls did you sleep with last night?” I scoffed, snatching my arm out of his grasp.

Did he go from being a virgin to a complete player in one night or something?

“No, I… I didn’t sleep with anyone,” he frowned, looking evidently uncertain and not at all convincing.

"Bullshit. Matty caught you red-handed sleeping with my ex-girlfriend,” I snapped in short-temper. “What part of stay the fuck away from her didn’t you understand?” The anger was rising volcanically inside of me.

“What? I did not have sex with Laura!” He protested more adamantly, sounding certain this time, but still not convincing enough to make me believe him.

“Liar,” I accused him sharply, my eyes piercing holes in him.

“But I’m not lying!” He exclaimed, getting increasingly agitated. “Matty’s lying!”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms guardedly.

“Matty wouldn’t lie to me, you prick. He’s my fucking best friend,” I argued confidently. “And you were completely out of it last night anyway, so there’s no way I’m gonna believe you over Matty.”

“I wasn’t completely out of it, actually,” he replied, shaking his head and sighing in frustration.

“Uh, you were dancing round the kitchen in your fucking boxers,” I frowned deeply. “You were so out of it.”

“That was a dare!” He defended immediately, his cheeks going a dark shade of pink. “James dared me to do it!”

What kind of dare is that, James? Weirdo...

“Right. Did James dare you to fuck my ex-girlfriend too?” I enquired in a patronising tone.

“For fuck sake, Frank!” He cursed irritably. I didn’t appreciate him taking that tone with me. I was the one who was entitled to be angry here, not him. “I’m telling you, I didn’t sleep with her,” he insisted once more.

Well, it’s his word against Matty’s... and I have more reason to believe my best friend.

“Whatever,” I muttered, as I turned my back on him and stalked off in the opposite direction, leaving him standing there with a look of disbelief on his face. This time he didn't attempt to chase after me.

As I stormed across the school playground, I was greeted by a lot of random people who I didn’t care enough about to return the greeting. Some of them I didn’t even know.

It’s weird that everyone knows who I am. I’m practically famous in this school. I usually like the attention, but I couldn’t be bothered with it today.

A couple of minutes later, I ran straight into Matty. I frowned at him, wondering how he had managed to get to this side of the playground so fast.

“Dude, where did you go? And why do you look like you’re gonna punch a wall?” He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

I might be mad, but I’m not gonna punch a wall… I’m not a dumb-ass.

“Gerard denied sleeping with Laura,” I told him bluntly, getting straight to the point. “He called you a liar.”

His face fell immediately hearing this. He went from looking amused to pissed off in about a second.

“A liar? He should call me that to my fucking face!” He snapped defensively.

I can see Gerard getting knocked out if he did that… But he wouldn’t say it to Matty’s face anyway, because he’s a coward.

“He’s such a little shit-stirrer,” I sighed, rolling my eyes.

“So, what happened to pretending like everything was fine and plotting revenge behind his back then?” Matty asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

“I couldn’t pretend I was okay with him. But don’t worry, we’ll still get revenge,” I assured him with certainty.

“Uh, how? He’s not gonna tell you anything if you two have fallen out now,” Matty pointed out.

Well, it’s a good job I already know his secrets then.

“Well, maybe I just so happen to know where to look to find out his secrets,” I replied suggestively, thinking of Gerard’s diary.

I was not thinking rationally in my angry mindset. The jealousy was poisoning.

“Come round to my house after school and we’ll raid his stuff,” I invited with an evil smirk, which Matty returned.

I couldn't just reveal Gerard's secrets now because then Matty would know I knew all along and wasn't telling him... I needed to be smart about this.

"Ah, yes. It's about time we put this plan into action," Matty accepted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank's such a jealous bitch.

Thanks to all you lovely commenters:
fabulous killjoy
reject_revenge
ammy!
septicemia
xGeex
baysway
OurCarnageNow_x
Psycho
TheFabulousKilljoys
Lesbianwooman
sonniesaurus
Shed Your Yellow
Phoenix_xX
poisongirl24
I'll Hold Them Back
XxVesperusxX
drestroyaGirl
xXfindtrueloveXx
nikkisixxsicles
Sweet Pandemonium
Lotte_music
FrankieLouise
frankieroxlover
WeAreAllDeadNow

And I love anyone who got the Mean Girls reference in the last chapter. *high-five* YOU GO GLEN COCO.