Status: Three-shot completed

I've Wasted My Time

Three

Present day

Today was the day I was getting married. I wasover Andrew and fell in love with a wonderful Accountant. His name was Justin Weirs; no he isn’t related to that weird figure skater. I looked at my gown and my mother at the same time. “Beautiful Rebecca, just beautiful.” I smiled at her. It wasn’t sincere though, sometimes I imagine myself marrying Andrew instead of Justin. I couldn’t bear to think of Andrew any longer, he was out of my life for good.

“Is Abby here yet?” just as I asked she walked through the door. I love her to much to have that bad breakup mess up my relationships with the other teammates and girlfriends/wives. I smiled when I saw my maid of honor. “Hey Girl!!” I yelled.

She came up and hugged me. “I missed you! Sharpy along with some of the guys.” I smiled. As we finished getting ready everything was falling into place. I was eager and excited all at the same time. I heard the song for the bride’s maids to walk down, I held on to my Father. “I love you baby girl. And I hope you know in your heart your making the right choice.” He whispered as we started down the isle. His words hit me a bit, and then everything started to rush back.

Everything with Andrew and I, now I wasn’t so sure. I remember though what my grandpa told me before he passed. He said, “sometimes you need to love what you know is better for you.” I smiled when I remembered him.

“Who gives this lovely woman away?” the priest said asking.

“We do.” My parents said in unison. I let them go already starting to cry. I grabbed Justin’s hands and mouthed ‘I love you.’ He winked and I giggled. “We are gathered here today in the holy matrimony of Justin Anthony Weir and Rebecca Rachelle Donovan to wed on this day. If anybody has an objection to these to uniting as one, speak now or forever hold your peace.” The minister stated. I looked out to the crowd and a few seconds passed by no one stood but then I saw Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Kris Versteeg, Patrick Sharp, Dustin Byfuglien, Abby, and then Andrew. Andrew? What the hell was he doing here? I was nervous as to what was happening. Turning to Justin, “This will take one second.” I said. Getting off the altar I walked my way to all of them. “What do you think you are doing!?” I whispered harshly.

“Rebecca we need to talk.” I turned toward Andrew and gave him a scowl.

“Front of the church now!” I demanded and rushed out there. “Andrew what the hell?” I said tapping my foot in an annoyed manner.

“Rebecca, I’m sorry what I said one year ago. I never was with that girl; I was scared because you and I had this long relationship. I got scared I didn’t know what was going on. I spent the year thinking and realized I was wasting my time not being with you. I love you and I want to be the one on the altar with you not that Douche bag Dustin.” He explained.

“It’s Justin…” I said looking down. This was the thing you see in movies not in real life. I was excited the pissed off and now confused. I didn’t know how to react. “What do you want me to say Andrew? That I still love you and want to be with you?” I asked tears pouring from my eyes.

Andrew came closer to me wiping my tears from my face. “Yes that is what I want you to say because I know you still do.” He said in all confidence. I did still love him but was he what was good for me.

“I can’t I’m about to be married.” I said in a hushed tone.

“You can’t or you won’t love me?” he asked. I looked at him with pleading eyes as a not to do this to me look. I turned and saw my friends and couldn’t believe they did this. I was crying and so confused, I wish my grandpa was here.