Status: Active

All That Glitters

Congratulations

I watched the maid of honor swirl around in her apple red colored dress. Her gnat black hair, straight, swishing like ink down her back, reliving every turn she made. Her bleach white teeth shining underneath the moonlight, her eyes forever smiling at whomever she was speaking to.

"Hey!" I was quickly smacked on my arm by my new wife.

"Hey," I replied back, kissing her, taking the glass of wine out of her hand and drinking the rest for myself. "You enjoyin' everything? You lovin' it?" I asked her, peeling my eyes of her sister to look at my bride in all her glory. Her blue eyes shining like the Pacific Ocean, her goldish-brown hair nestled into a bun on top of her head, a pretty tiara adjourned her crown. I snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her close to me.

"I am loving every second of it," I smirked at her, taking in her beauty. She smiled up at me, kissing me lightly, then again, deeper with every kiss before a flash caught our eyes.

"Another picture for the happy couple?" The raspy voice of my sister-in-law came to greet us, bubbly and bouncing in front of us, snapping plenty of pictures with her Canon EOS 5D Mark II, that she bought especially for this event, and made sure we knew it. I pulled my wife closer to me, posing for the pictures as the flashes went off like bombs in my head. Suddenly, they seemed to stop as the crowd began to call for my wife to throw the bouquet. She squealed, kissed me once again and ran off, gathering all of her friends to compete. Her sister however, didn't go. She slowly walked into the place left vacant besides me.

"Now why aren't you going?" I asked coyly, reaching for two glasses of wine, handing her one and sipping one for myself.

"I was never one for tradition, it was always Naomi," She spoke, watching every move Naomi made on her way to something tall so she could give the maids an equal chance. She turned quickly, facing me. "So you happy? You having a great time?" She asked, a bright smile appearing on her face once again.

"Of course, yeah! I couldn't be better, how about you? How's that Adobe thing going for you?"

She looked taken aback, and as her expression changed, so did mine, I said a silent prayer, hoping I hadn't struck a nerve.

"So you're not just a pretty face, I didn't know pretty boys could listen as well but I didn't do to well in biology," She said, a smirk reappearing on her face, my own mirroring hers. "No, it's awesome. I passed the test so as of now I am Nadia Kirca, Adobe Certified Professional," She said, lifting her glass up before taking a drink.

"Congratulations," I said cheerily, adjusting my tie. She glanced over me once and chuckled lightly to herself.

"Don't worry, it'll be over soon."

I looked at her confused.

"Your honeymoon jitters are showing," She laughed. I flushed a bit, hoping I didn't seem so horny at my reception. Nadia's cool hand touched my face, bringing my temperature up a bit more.

"I've been married before, dear, I know everything."

Then I remembered, pretty came with a price with Nadia and younger sister didn't necessarily mean innocent. Nadia had an unusually bizarre past, which put me under an immense amount of pressure, because their parents did everything in their power to make sure I wasn't one of "Nadia's Classic Men" as they call them. It was a bit too late for Nadia, but they made sure they got it right with their eldest.

"I'm a big boy, I can wait," I said, trying to toughen up now that I was cognizant of exactly who I was talking to.

"I'm sure you can and I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait," She said, patting my stomach before moving past me. One of Naomi's co-workers caught the bouquet and now Naomi was rushing toward me, immediately wrapping her hands around my waist. She looked around before asking: "Where'd Nadia go?"

"She was just here," I said, turning around to look as well before my face was caught in the hand of my bride.

"Listen Joseph, I love you. We are married and being married means that we have new family members. I have to put up with Danielle and Nick because of our union and you are Nadia's new brother, but I'm telling you this one time and one time only, Nadia is a snake in the fucking grass okay? It may not seem that way, but she is. Watch out for her."

I nodded, signaling I understood, rendered speechless from her words about her sister. I would never talk about any of my brothers that way, even if they did deserve it. But I've never had a sister, maybe that's the difference.

"Of course," Naomi's tone turned playful. "If you were to ever cheat, I would prefer for it to be in the family so..." She said, biting her lip.

My eyes widened in shock. "Really?!" I asked.

She hit my hard on the torso.

"NO!" She screamed. I locked her in my grasp and kissed her forehead, moving to her cheeks and then her lips.

I can honestly say, I am a happily married man.
♠ ♠ ♠
my new story :)
I have a good feeling about this one.
comment and subscribe