Status: working on when I can. :)

Hide & Seek

All Nine Levels of Hell Break Loose

Mom and I sat at the counter in the kitchen eating the pasta she had made. She was happily chatting about her book and munching at the food. I just chased a noodle around my plate with my fork. The thoughts of the Mason-Swan-Dwyer's wouldn't leave my head.

"So, when she gets to school and think everything is going to be normal, she sees the family from the photo and tries not to freak out. Well, when she's paired up with two of them in a class for a project and she starts to realize that they really aren't human," she took a bite of her food. "Just like the guy at lunch said. So-"

"Wait what?" I didn't mean to interrupt her like that, but what mom had written sounded exactly like my day.

She raised a brow, fork half hanging from her mouth. "You seem unusually interested."

Usually I didn't get interested in mom's books until she was done writing them, but with the way this story sounded, it was like mom was stalking me day in and day out.

Could her book possibly be the unknown writing of my time here in Forks? None of her other books were like that...

"What ever happened with her and the closet? Did she find anything?"

Mom just continued to give me a look and eat.

"Well, once she went back upstair and unpacked her things, she couldn't get the door open so-"

"She couldn't get the door open?!"

Alright, no more ignoring the facts. This is really starting to scare the shit out of me. Mom must have noticed the look in my eyes because she instantly became worried.

"Cop, are you okay? What's wrong, sweetie?" She walked over to me, her hand on my back rubbing in circles softly.

"I..." I couldn't tell her about the family. She'd think of me as crazy, or get a story idea out of it. I wished we never moved her. Then none of this would have happened. I wouldn't be having a fucking panic attack in the middle of the kitchen. I wouldn't be seeing things outside the windows - blurs of white, flashes of gold, cracks from twigs...

"I feel sick..."

Would it be cliche enough to say that I fainted?

And then weird dreams plagued me...

I recognized the girl pulling me through the forest with ease. It was Nessie. Her dark auburn curls bounced around her head with every step she took. It was only then that I noticed how fast we were going. The trees were only a blur of green and brown, but it was mostly black since we were in the forest at night. I couldn't see anything, not even my hand if it was right in front of my face.

She was saying something, too fast for me to understand.

"Nessie! What's going on?!" She only continued to yell something over and over again.

"We broke the treaty!" Treaty? What treaty? "They're after us! ..... is trying to block them off for right now so I can get you somewhere safe!" She yelled someones name, but it was just a gurgle of sound. "Your mom is going to be okay!"

Mom? What happened to mom? What the bloody hell is going on!?

"Nessie, what's going on!? What treaty, who's trying to block who off?!"

It was just another blur of words. Something came flying from the side. I only noticed it because of the glinting brown eyes it had, the dark color of its fur made the perfect camouflage for this late night.

It blocked Nessie from getting to me again. I had been slammed onto the ground when it attacked.

Wait... I knew those eyes... those were-!


Something cold rested on my forehead. I heard a voice, so smooth, so enchanting... telling me to wake up...

When I opened my eyes, it was nothing but a blur of white and a black silhouette. I blinked a few times, the harsh scent of a hospital filling my senses. It was still just a white light and dark piece of it cut in the shape of someones head.

"Copper! Oh Copper, I'm so glad to see you awake!" Mom was instantly at my side, brushing back my short hair and pushing a piece behind my ear. I could only see her silhouette also.

I kept my eyes closed for a few seconds, clearing my thoughts, and opened them again. There was mom and... and...

"AHH!" I jumped back, my head hitting the metal bars of the bed railing. My green eyes wide with fear as I came face to face with yet another family member from the photo. His golden eyes were sympathizing.

My breathing was labored, coming in short gasps as I tried to find a reasonable explanation for all of this...

There was none.

"Ms. Acres, would you please go wait in the hall for just a moment while I talk with Copper?" Mom seemed hesitant but nodded and bent down to kiss my forehead.

"Please mom, don't. Don't leave me alone with him..." I gripped onto her shirt, but she pulled away and disappeared out of the door. Hadn't she seen the picture on the room? She knew he looked familiar! What was she leaving me?!

I tried my best to curl into a ball and disappear into the wall. This couldn't be happening. It was all a bad dream.

"This is not happening... This is not happening..." No matter how many times I said it, I could still feel the cold hand of the man on my arm.

"Copper, you have to listen to me." His voice was too enchanting for me not to listen. I wanted to just tune it all out, but I couldn't. My bangs shielded my eyes as I glanced up at him, but I knew he knew I was looking at him. "I know you know my family and I aren't human, but you must swear to me that you won't tell anyone. I will explain everything to you at a farther date. Please Copper, promise me you won't!"

I don't know why I said yes, but I did. Maybe it was the fact that he didn't deny they they weren't human. He said he'd explain it... but when was that farther date? Was it when I was on my death bed? When I was dying because of their secret? I didn't know when.

But some stupid part of my conscience said he wouldn't hurt me.

None of them would hurt me.

"Tomorrow at school you must act as if nothing has happened. Everyone will act like they have been, which I'm not very happy with but we cannot have any suspicious." By everyone he meant his family. Nessie would still be the sensitive, innocent little sweetheart she was. Edward would be the knowing-something-I-don't guy, and Bella would continue to glare at me - for no apparent reason.

"A-alright." He gave me a dazzling smile.

Suddenly, I felt very sleepy. Too sleepy...

"Why... do I fell so.. so..."

"Tired? I split something into your IV. You'll be unconscious in a few seconds."

I didn't hear him finish saying that...
♠ ♠ ♠
More of a filler chapter than anything. Not very long either...
Anyways. enjoy! I'm about to go out to eat and enjoy cheese sticks~
I shall see you lovelies again tonight! (or tomorrow)
bai bai~

-the orange.

PS: didn't edit any of the errors. I'm in a hurry.