‹ Prequel: You Found Me
Sequel: Blind

Time Will Tell.

Alternate Ending.

We went through another painstaking break up. Over everything we were because we couldn’t decide what it meant. He wanted a family; He wanted to get married. I didn’t want marriage; I didn’t want a family right away. It killed me; I loved him. But I just couldn’t force myself to be so selfish to Jodie-Sophia. She needed a well-rounded and healthy normal upbringing. I didn’t want her to be spoilt.
I wanted her to shine as her own person and not be living in my shadow. I wanted so much normality for her; that I took Nick away from her.
I took myself away from him; I practically pried myself away from what everyone described as perfection. Why did I not want it? But what hurt was his reaction. He turned away from me and acted fine with it all.
The results came two weeks later when he sang a very personal song that had everyone buzzing. Even Aunt Eliza was having trouble acting normal. She flittered around here and there, over cleaning and cooking food that could feed ten people instead of five.
I stared at the TV blankly, watching E! News flash across the screen.
‘I’m Gulianna Rancic reporting with a very special E! News special.’
Uncle Frudrick tutted, and began to grab the remote to tu susrn it off; but I held my hand up. He sighed and put it back down, staring warily at Aunt Eliza, who sighed and brought Jacob and Jodie – Sophia into the living room.
I grabbed her up and sat her on my lap, cooing to her.
‘Are Nick Jonas and Samantha Gilding, over?’
My head snapped up immediately. Of course we’d separated quietly, but it hurt just hearing them say it.
‘We have the exclusive photos, and inside story.’
A snip of my song ‘Ultra Violet’ played briefly followed by Nick’s song ‘Who I am.’
‘Are Snick over?
Miss Gilding recently rose to the top of young Hollywood, with her debut album; Star shine, which went double platinum in three weeks. Samantha and Nick were dubbed the cutest couple by Teen Vogue for two years in a row, and were teen parents after three years of friendship. But after four weeks of no public outings and no comments from either manager, suspicion is rising.
Mr Nick Jonas has cancelled four shows for Nick Jonas and the Administration and an insider have told us they are very worried for him.’
‘Nick hasn’t been himself; He’s been very secluded and quiet for days. He’s broken down when something reminds him of Samantha or he sees a photo of her.’
My lips trembled and I let out a choke. I did that to him?
‘On stage last night he sang a new song called ‘Grenade’ which was very detailed and personal, talking about a girl who broke his heart. Is Nick so love sick over Sam, that he’d do anything for her?
Here’s an exclusive video of the song, recorded by one of the fans.’

‘Easy come, Easy go
That’s just how you live, Oh
Take, Take, Take it all
But you never give
Should’ve known you were trouble
Right from the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open?

I gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash you did
I said give me all your love
That’s all I ever ask
Cause’ what you don’t understand

Is I’d catch a Grenade for ya
Throw my hand on the blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I’d do anything for ya

I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes I would die for ya baby
But you won’t do the same

No, no, no.

Black, Black
Black and Blue
Beat me till’ I’m numb
Tell the devil I said hey
When you get back from where you’re from
Bad woman
Bad woman
That’s just what you are
Yeah you’ll smile in my face
Then take the breaks out my car

I gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash you did
I said give me all your love
That’s all I ever ask
Cause’ what you don’t understand

Is I’d catch a Grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I’d do anything for ya

I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes I would die for ya baby
But you won’t do the same

If my body was on fire
Oh, you’d watch me burn down in flames
You said you loved me you’re a liar
Cause you never ever ever did baby

But darling I’d still
Catch a Grenade for ya
Throw my hand on the blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I’d do anything for ya

I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes I would die for ya baby
But you won’t do the same

No you won’t do the same
You wouldn’t do the same
Oh you’d never do the same
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.’
I could only stare as the song finished.
‘Grenade’ was the most painful song I’d ever heard. It was beautiful… and absolutely devastating.
Gulianna smiled, and I felt like slapping it right off her face. How dare she give this report.
‘We’ll give you more updates as soon as we can.’
Uncle Frudrick switched it off immediately. ‘You’re going to be okay, Samantha.’
He meant it to be a question, but he patted my shoulder and smiled, in confirmation to his question.
‘I’ll take her,’ Eliza said, picking my baby up, who squirmed and protested with loud shrieks. Jacob made car noises and drove the toy into the wall and then followed his mother out of the room.
‘Mommy I want Tar-aht!’
His English still needed to be worked on. I barely had time anymore with interviews, shows, photo shoots and concerts… I barely had time to look after her family? It just wasn’t right.
Suddenly my cell phone blowed up with that all too familiar ringtone. I picked it up nervously, my hand shaking. ‘Hello?’
‘Hi, Sam.’ He murmured softly.
I tried to keep my cool, though immediately I sat down to stop my legs collapsing. ‘H-how-‘ I cleared my throat. ‘How are you?’ I mumbled hoarsely, though we both knew the answer to that.
‘I’m fine.’ He lied, breathing out a sigh into the phone. ‘Sam I-‘
There was a pause. ‘Sam, I’m sorry for saying those things about you.’
I let out a breath before bursting into laughter. ‘Ha ha ha ha!’ I squeaked, giggling uncontrollably.
‘Sam?’ He breathed, the phone shuffling on the other end. ‘Sam?’
You’re sorry, Nicholas?’ I laughed. ‘I ruined everything. And you’re – you’re telling me you’re sorry?’
‘Yeah, I am.’ He said.
‘You’re being completely ridiculous!’ I said incredously, ‘You ring me to tell me you’re sorry about being honest? Just don’t bother. I deserve everything I get.’
‘Including, the fact you deserve confirmation.’
‘Confirmation?’ I repeated.
‘I’ve met someone,’ He said. ‘I’ve met someone great, actually. And I want your approval, Sam. Your opinion means the most to me.’
‘I-‘ I looked down and gulped. ‘Wow. I-wow.’
‘I know this is crazy – But I miss you.’
‘I miss you too,’ I said, staring at the floor. ‘I miss you.’
‘I want to stay close friends – best friends. And I want you to meet Kimberly.’
‘I can do that.’ I grasped the phone tighter. ‘And even though it’ll hurt me – I’ll do it for you. You deserve someone good enough.’
‘You were good enough, Sam. You just didn’t see it yourself.’
I sighed. ‘I’ll come over Friday at six. Is that okay?’
‘Sure. I’m free all day. We could hang out, if you like.’
‘I don’t think that’s such a great idea.’ I bit my lip and looked at the piece of paper sitting in the frame. ‘See you at six.’
‘Bye.’
No more torturing myself. Today I was going to move forwards.

Nick married Kimberly a year later. Two years after she fell pregnant and had a baby girl they called Isabelle.
Samantha reconnected with Aledreo and they had twins; Rosalie Anne and Joseph Paul.
Nick and Sam stayed best friends like he asked. Jodie-Sophia was officially and truthfully announced Aledreo’s child.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I should add another chapter.