You're Only Market Value

Bathroom stall

It was getting colder, fast.

The people on the park were now coming in coats, and ice skating on the pond in the far corner.

On my down time I enjoyed to watch them; All the little kids struggling not to fall, and the mothers skating directly behind to stop them before they collide with the ice. Or the older couples who I had seen last year, and the year before. They always looked the same, As if time had frozen, just as the ice had. It was nice to see.

All my wonderful thoughts were interrupted by one of my clients. How nice of him.

But this guy wanted something I refused to sell: Roofies.

For those of you who don't know, Rohypnol is the date rape drug. Someone puts it in your drink, and you take a little nap. You can't put up a fight if you're incoherent.

Hence, I do not sell this. Especially, to middle aged balding men.

"You want what?" I asked for clarification.

"Roofies." The man stated with conviction.

I swear i felt my body tempature rise 12 degrees.

"Listen here, you desperate scumbag, If you need laid, do it the old fashion way!" I stated, louder than necessary.

The man looked taken aback. Then he got angry too.

"Just give me what I want girlie. There's no need to yell." He hissed through gritted teeth.

Oh, It's on.

"I'M NOT SELLING YOU ROOFIES SO YOU CAN RAPE SOME HELPLESS GIRL! JUST GO BEAT OFF IN A BATHROOM STALL!"

This statement caused exactly what I wanted, everyones heads to turn and focus on him, for just a few seconds.

He looked at me with an icey stare, and very quickly walked away, everyone staring at him.

That's right, run.

"Wow, that was quite a display."

I spun on my heels to find a certain blondie behind me.

"That asshole deserved it." I spat.

"I'd have to agree" Quinn said, watching the man scurry down the street, with his head hung low.

"So what do you need?" I asked irritabley.

"You can be nicer, I've never done anything to you." He seethed.

You don't have to

"So what do you need?" I repeated, now becoming more mad.

"I need an ounce of weed."

dammit.

"Well, I don't carry that much with me, so you're going to have to come with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
that was quite a long chapter.
comments are great :] <3