Status: School has started, so updates may be a bit slow<3

It's Not Faith

Twenty

Leila woke with a start; and immediately felt the room move. She tried to sit up, but the room was spinning to fast to move. She lay on her bed; head still pounding; room still spinning; unsure of what to do. The clock on her nightstand flashed number, but Leila couldn't make it out.
Fuck.
Leila pulled back the covers, and pulled herself up. The spinning just got worse.
"What the fuck." She whispered, feeling as if she was dying. Leila's phone rang, making her jump and making her head hurt even more.
"H-Hello?"
"Hey Hun" Her fathers voice rang through her head.
"I'm at the studio; I'll be gone for a few hours. I didn't want to wake you before I left, so I thought I'd call you now."
"What time is it?" Leila asked.
"It's one thirty. Did you just wake up?"
"Yeah."
"Are you okay?"
Leila shook her head before realizing her father was on the phone.
"Not really; I think I might be sick or something."
"Oh, shit do you want me to come home? Val had to go to work early. I can come ho-"
"No, no dad it's okay, I'll just take a Tylenol or something and go back to sleep."
"Okay, I'll be home as soon as I can. Make sure your tattoo is alright, okay?"
"Alright." Leila said, suddenly feeling extremely tired.
"Call me if you need anything; and I'll be home as soon as I can."
"Okay."
"Love you, Leila."
Leila stopped. She hadn't ever really had an "I love you" moment with her father.
"I-I loveYouToo,Daddy" She rushed up.
Leila heard the click of the phone; and she shut her eyes. Her breathing was getting hard, and she could feel the room spinning even with her eyes shut.
Leila pulled off her sweater, and unwrapped her tattoo. Everything seemed perfectly fine with it. She grabbed the Vaseline and rubbed some on it gently; she was still nervous about it hurting. It was then when she noticed the angry red line running across her upper arm. The area around it was red and tender. Leila ran her finger over it and shuddered in pain.
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck" She cried. She has had infected cuts before; but never ones that looked this bad. it was red and blistering. She hissed in pain.
With all her strength, Leila pulled out her laptop from under her bed, and turned it on. While it was starting up, Leila tried to concentrate.
"If this is all tied together; tell Jimmy. There's no one else you could." She told herself.
She pulled up google; and typed in her search. The first page confirmed her suspicions.
"Cuts that are infected could cause symptoms such as; fever, dizziness, nausea, fatigue." She read out-loud.
"Fuck." She whispered, and stared at her arm.
Leila was unsure of what to do next. She knew that she would have to go to the hospital; this wasn't just something some antiseptic could fix. She stared at the computer; then at her arm, then at her phone.
She picked up her phone, and texted Jimmy.
Are YOU done at the studio?
She prayed Jimmy wouldn't mention her text to her father.
After what seemed like eternity, Jimmy replied.
Yeah, I am, no one else tho. Slow fucks. Why?
Leila hesitated in replying. She didn't want Jimmy to over react; she didn't want a scene. And she definitely, didn't want anyone else knowing.
something happened She replied.
She knew that Jimmy would freak out; but she didn't want to text him the whole situation.
An almost instant reply came from Jimmy.
Told your dad I had to go to Leana. on my way.
Leila sighed, and fell back on to the bed. After what seemed like only five minutes; she heard the door unlock. She sat up and pulled her sweater back on.
She heard the foot steps up the stairs and towards her room, but she was too tired to get up and greet Jimmy.
"Le?" he said as he opened the door.
She mumbled a reply.
"Are you okay? What happened?" He said as he sat on the bed beside her.
"I'm sick." She whispered, now nervous about telling Jimmy.
"Well, Duh. But what happened?"
"I think I have an infection."
"Oh my God, like an STD!?" Jimmy cried.
"No you fuckhead!" Leila said, lifting her head from her bed and laughing. She was glad that Jimmy could make her laugh even when she was feeling so shitty.
Jimmy's expression of horror fell, and he looked relieve. "Thank God!"
"Now, seriously; what type of infection?"
Leila sighed, and pulled up her sleeve, past her wrapped tattoo, and stuck her arm out to Jimmy. She turned away; not being able to look at his reaction. She heard him take a sharp breath.
"Holy shit, Leila that's really infected."
"No shit!" She said, smiling.
Jimmy, for once, didn't return her smile.
"No, seriously. That needs to go be looked at, now."
"I know, Jim-Jim! But what am I supposed to do? Go ask Matt? He already thinks I'm starving myself!"
Jimmy sighed. "I know...But I think we need to tell him-"
"No. Jimmy you can fucking get out if you're going to say shit like that. I'm not ready for that yet."
Jimmy sighed. "Well the I'm not sure what to do."
"I know you need to go to the hospital, that's what I know. I also know that you're going to get sicker if you don't."
Leila sighed. "I know that. But I'm scared. What if they lock me up?" Tears filled Leila's eyes.
"Hun, I wont let anyone lock you up. You just need help; with your problems, and now with this. Let's just focus on this one single cut. We don't have to focus of why, or how, or if there's more; we just need to focus on getting this cut healed. So when we go to the hospital; I wont let anyone lock you up, okay? I promise.
Leila stared at Jimmy, and sighed. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around him.
"Now, I think I have a plan." Jimmy said, chuckling.
"I'll call your dad and say Leana wants to take you to a movie or something. and then we'll go to the hospital; and then you'll just sleep over at our house! Duh!"
"Uhm, duh! You tard, He thinks I'm just sick."
Jimmy's face twisted in confusion for a moment, before lighting up.
"I am soooo smart!" He cried, as he jumped up.
"Say it's just your period!"
Leila laughed at the awkward words from Jimmy.
"Don't laugh! It's so smart! oh my God I am so smart!" Jimmy cried.
Leila rubbed her head; she still felt awful, but somehow Jimmy had made her feel better.
Jimmy stopped singing. "Want a Tylenol?"
She nodded, "In my bathroom by the sink."
Jimmy nodded, and left to find her pills. Leila sighed softly and she pulled herself off the bed, and went to her dresser. Her hair was sticking all over the place, and she had dark bags under her eyes. Jimmy came into her view from the mirror. She made a face at herself, and turned to him; gratefully accepting the pills and water.
Jimmy began to go through her dresser, picking out clothes and moving things around.
"What are you doing?" Leila asked him, laughing.
"Picking out your outfit!" He cried, and threw a shirt onto the bed.
"When is Matt coming home?" Leila asked, holding up Jimmy's selection and debating on if she actually would wear it.
"He said he'd be home in like two hours; so about half an hour from now."
Leila was going to reply but Jimmy's phone interrupted them. His face lit up as he answered it.
"Oh my God, I was just gonna call you Leana! Holy shit you're like...reading my mind! I'm with Leila. Some thing's going on, so we're gonna lie and say you two are going out of a girly evening,k? No No, she's not sick; she lied. Well not really. Sorta. We're gonna say it's-"
Leila grabbed the phone before her uncle mentioned her period again.
"This fuckhead over here decided to say it's my period. I don't know how you live with him; this is such an invasion of my life!" She cried, laughing.
"What happened? Are you okay?" Leana asked.
"Uhmm..." She looked at Jimmy. He reached back for the phone.
"What? Oh, no she just...Leannnnaaa, something happened, I'll expl- no she's not pregnant. No, no she didn't go out-Okay, Okay, I'll see you at home. Love you."
Leila laughed at Jimmy's soft expression as he told Leana he loved her.
"you're so cuute!" She cried, pinching his cheeks.
He laughed and pinched her cheeks back
They both jumped as they heard the front door slam.
"Go tell Matt what's going on, I'm gonna do my hair." Leila said, pushing Jimmy towards the door. He gave her a grin, and slipped out.
Leila straightened her hair, and put on some make up. She looked a little better with her foundation on; no one could see the bags under her eyes or how translucent her skin looked. She changed her shirt, and grabbed her bag, and headed downstairs. She felt better due to the Tylenol's. She still had her headache, but it wasn't that bad.
"And Leana just found this place that she wants to go to but it's some girl thing but shes making me come and I don't want to go by myself so I want Leila to come cuz she's like the coolest kid under twenty, and so like I want her to come please Matt pleaaaassssseeee" Leila could hear Jimmy pleading.
"And you're sure she's not sick?"
"Yeah, she said she felt better after she woke up she said it was her-"
"Holy fuck I do not want you saying the word period again!" Leila cried, walking into the kitchen.
Matt laughed and Jimmy stared at her. He was standing with his hands dramatically in the air.
"I am fine, I was just a little tired. If you two were girls, you'd understand. But you're not. So you wont." Leila said, laughing.
Matt laughed, and nodded. "Okay, I guess. And you're gonna stay at this freaks house?"
She laughed. "Yeah, but at least I have Leana!"
Matt laughed, "alright, go, go. Have a good time. But call me if you don't feel well!"
Leila hugged him, wincing as her arm brushed against her father.
"See you tomorrow!" She said, as she followed Jimmy out the door.
"Peace, Shads." Jimmy cried, and shut the door.

Tears filled Leila's eyes as she moved her arm to get on her seat belt.
"Are you okay?" Jimmy asked.
She didn't look at him, she just bit her lip and nodded.
Jimmy drove to what Leila assumed was his house.
"We'll go to the hospital in a sec, I just gotta fill Leana in. If that's alright?"
Leila though for a moment. She was unsure of what the wonderful women would think of her; but if she was dating Jimmy, then she must be pretty open minded.
Leila slowly nodded. "Yeah..Yeah alright."
Jimmy smiled at her, and hopped out of the car. Leila took a little more time. She followed Jimmy into the building, into the elevators.
"Damn I would just live in this elevator." Leila exclaimed.
"I know right? That's what happens when you are a pimp."
Leila laughed, and followed Jimmy out of the elevators and down a hall. He stopped at the door and scream.
"Leana you slut let me in!"
The door was quickly pulled open, and Jimmy was dragged inside.
"James, if you get caught yelling again; we'll get kicked out, they already complained about you twice!"
Leila laughed as Jimmy tried to kiss Leana.
"fuck off Jimmy!" She cried, and shoved his tall body out of the way.
Leana smiled. "Welcome to hell on earth; The Reverends home."
Jimmy pushed her "You're so freaking dramatic. Welcome aboard. Leana, come sit at the table with us. We; Leila and I, are divorcing you."
Leana gasped dramatically, and Leila followed her to the kitchen table.
"Leila came over because I have to take her to the hospital."
Leana looked over at Leila. "Are you okay?"
Leila looked at Jimmy; she didn't want to physically tell Leana; Jimmy could. Jimmy nodded, and continued.
"Leila had an infected cut, and she was pretty sick last night so we think it's bad."
Leana gently grabbed Leila hand, and spoke softly. "Where did you get the cut?"
"I..uhm, Jimmy knows." She quickly said.
"Leana, Leila cuts herself, and so we needed to tell Matt that she was over here to hang out with us."
Leila felt arms wrapping around her.
"It's okay, Hun. Don't cry."
Leila didn't even realize she was crying until Leana's words hit her.
She blinked back more tears, and wiped her face.
"We should go; we'll end up sitting in emergency for a long time anyways." Jimmy said, getting up.
"Do you want me to come?" Leana asked.
"It's up to Leila. I don't mind. Maybe cuz then if there's anything-" Jimmy stopped to roll his eyes. "Any giiirl things; you can deal with it!"
Leana and Leila laughed, and followed Jimmy to the hall way.
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo
this was a long one
& it didn't even explain much.
oh well. another ones in the works.
comments make it happen faster!
<3