Upside Down Lives, for Upside Down Worlds?

A Perfect Food Filled Entrance

I awoke hesitantly as I felt someone poking me; I groaned hoping that my nightmare really was a nightmare and that Kathryn was poking me to wake me up for college.

When I opened my eyes slightly I rolled over away from the person.

“Piss off Goth boy” I muttered to my new little brother.

I was wrong my nightmare is real, I never technically existed.

“Ariana come on” Nico whined

Nico was the young boy who had decided to inform me of where we were and that we had been taking from our lovely country of Wales and sent to America.

I groaned again and threw the small pillow from beside me at him. “My name’s Amy, leave me alone”

I jumped as something heavy landed on my bed waking me up immediately; I glared at Nico who pointed at my bed with wide eyes. When I looked back onto my bed I noticed that Jess was sitting on my quilt grinning at me.

“You woke me up” I moaned sulkily

“Ready to make an entrance at breakfast?” She asked me ignoring my whine.

I perked up instantly at the thought of what we had planned secretly via letters; Nico had delivered my idea to Jess by a way that I had no clue about. However my little brother had no idea what the plan was because I threatened him and told him that if he opened the letter he’d have a very miserable life around me.

“Travis has sorted it out with his cabin, including Steph, Rhys and Anthony.”

I looked at Jess mischievously and grinned at her “Who is Travis then Jess?”

Jess turned a bright red and started to look around the cabin so that she didn’t have to meet my gaze.

I smirked at her then looked at my brother who also avoided my gaze, he looked pale which only meant one thing.

“Nico Di Angelo” I started pretending to be angry, I couldn’t be angry with him though “Did you read that letter and no lying brilliantly because I’ll know”

Nico gulped and nodded slowly.

I shrugged and smiled at him, “Follow my lead okay dude”

Nico grinned at me in reply “Why do you use the word ‘dude’ so much?”

“None of us know that answer” Jess told him “She just started all of a sudden and never stops”

I rolled my eyes at the two of them then left to have a shower and to get changed waiting for our plan to unfold.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

‘Well this is stupid’ I thought to myself. Nico and I were on a table on our own while Jess was by herself and all the rest of the cabins were also sitting together.

I looked around us and saw the Aphrodite cabin all playing with their hair or adjusting make-up which in my eyes was just creepy.

“Amy!” Jess called to me from across the courtyard.

I grinned and grabbed a handful of baked beans from my plate and then I threw them and, Bingo, right on target. The Aphrodite cabin all screamed and scattered, then Lisa joined in followed by the rest of our friends and soon all of the campers were throwing their breakfasts and laughing.

“Araceli, Ariana!” Dionysus bellowed but before he could finish what he was going to say Jess and I hit him directly in the face with food.

“Allons-y” I shouted enthusiastically laughing as Nico hit a red headed girl in the back of the head with a bread roll

“Geronimo” Jess replied with equal enthusiasm.

I continued laughing that was until I saw Nico freeze in his tracks with his arm raised and another bread roll in his hand which fell to the floor not long later. I followed his gaze and gulped as I noticed Dionysus standing up from his chair with the unmistakable look of fury on his face. Chiron had begun to back away from the furious God.

“Jess time to run!” I shouted

Jess and the other campers looked at Dionysus and then they all bolted away from the courtyard but Nico was still frozen. I took his hand then ran pulling him along with me and all I could see then was black.