Status: Short Story//Finished

If I Die Tomorrow

1/3

I gently strummed a few strings on my guitar as I rocked back and forth nervously. I really didn’t want to do this, I wanted to put my guitar down and walk away. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror; I didn’t look like the same person who had walked in here a few hours earlier. My black hair was teased and stood up on ends, eyeliner ran around both my eyes, making the blue green eyes more blue then green and making them stand out. One black charcoal strips was underneath each eye, high on my cheek, it would make me fit in more with the band as if I didn’t fit in with them before. I had black platform boots on that made me a good four inches taller then I actually was.

I fucking hate you for lending me these boots Mick! I thought sourly as I took a few steps in them, pacing anxiously backstage with my guitar in hand. Waiting to be called out onstage.

“And now we’ve got a guest performer, a close friend of Mick who actually lives in Florida. So I’d like you to welcome her like you welcome us!” Vince said as the crowd roared, I gulped, this was it. Hopefully I wouldn’t screw up. Relax, just relax Mick’s words before he went on stage reminded me as I began to play and walk out on stage. It wasn’t a difficult song to play, just needed to be played at a fast rate, but as one of my favourite songs I didn’t exactly find it challenging.

I could feel everyone in the stadium staring at me, their eyes watching my every move, waiting for me to screw up. Mick gave me an encouraging smile as he played along with me as for the rest of the band, they had mixed reactions. Behind his drum kit Tommy didn’t seem to be too concerned with me, he didn’t even give me a glance where as Nikki and Vince both gave me more than a single glance. Vince stared at me his lips pursed and I could hear him thinking that if I screwed this up, I’d be dead meat. Nikki on the other hand was too busy staring at me, whether it was because I had purposely copied his look or because he couldn’t believe that I was the same girl that had came back stage earlier in a pair of sweats and a ratty old top. Oh well Nikki get over it, you love me anyways.

I let myself relax and my fingers travel down the neck of the guitar, I surrendered myself over to the music. Mick smiled at me, so obviously I wasn’t doing horrible and well Vince between him singing what he was supposed to and playing guitar he kept giving me looks. Who shit in his pants? The looks he was giving me made me second guess what I was doing, maybe I was off a bit maybe I was too slow or too fast.

“Just relax, you’re doing fine.” Mick told me as I gave him a shaky smile, if he thought I was doing fine then I obviously wasn’t doing that bad, in fact hearing Mick Mars tell me that I was doing fine was probably going to be the best compliment that I ever heard.

“Girl don’t go away mad, girl just go away. Girl don’t go away mad now girl just go away. Here we go!” Vince said into the mic as both me and Mick took it from there with our guitars, we shared a smile as we both went into the exact same guitar solo I guess you could call it grinding against each other. Nikki scowled at me from across the stage, oh well he could deal with it, I mean it was just Mick he knew it was just part of the show. Vince sang whatever remaining lines he had into the mic as me and Mick started laughing at each other just because we couldn’t believe that we were standing on stage together, guitars in hand performing.

“Now you might wanna get your cameras out for this because I guarantee that you’ll never see this happen again. Ever.” Vince said as he stepped back from the mic and me and Nikki walked up to it.

“This is a little something called Without You.” Nikki said into the mic as calmly as can be as Tommy hit the drums and then we started the guitar to it.

“Without you, there’s no change the nights and days are gray if I reached out and touched the rain it just wouldn’t feel the same.” I sang into the mic, knowing that I was doing a shit job of singing. I could feel the blood shoot up through my face and wondered how in the hell they had got me to agree to doing something like THIS.

“Without you, without you a sailor lost at sea.” Both of us sang into the mic, I mouthed “I hate you.” At Nikki who shrugged it off like it was no big deal, of course to him it wasn’t.

“Without you in my life I'd slowly wilt and die but with you by my side you're the reason I'm alive but with you in my life you're the reason I'm alive.” Nikki sang into the mic as I joined in for the last line, I thought about the lyrics and if they were ever meant for someone. I forgot about the guitar for a moment as we sang together and Nikki’s lips brushed across mine gently. The crowd screamed as I remembered that I was supposed to be playing guitar, it wasn’t too much of a worry though, after all Mick was still playing.

“You're the reason I'm alive but without you, without you...” We finished as the guitar went on for probably ten seconds before it faded away.

“Now we’re gonna stop and let Vince have his mic back before he gets upset.” I said into the mic as Nikki chuckled and we walked back to Nikki’s little corner. Vince rolled his eyes as the piano started for Home Sweet Home. I sighed when the guitar came in, the song didn’t seem as long as the first or the second one but I suppose that might have been because of
Nikki.

“Thank you Salt Lake City!” Vince roared as Mick disappeared off stage with Nikki and I close behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's part one.
=D
Part two tomorrow =D