Status: Active.

Love Conquers Every Time

Chapter Five.

“So, after tonight’s show, you have an entire day off in New York City?” Jewel asked your uncle curiously as she leaned against a guitar amplifier, Jason strummed his guitar and she jumped about three feet, “WHAT THE HELL, DON’T DO THAT!” He laughed at her hysterically, “I didn’t know this stupid thing was on.”

“Of course, it’s on,” he told her with sarcasm in his voice as he began to tune his guitar, “This is a fucking sound check, it would defeat the purpose if it was off,” Jewel rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her, “Yes, we have tomorrow off in New York City, but I think you should just lay low, it’s a dangerous place.”

“I’ve never been there; I’m going to explore,” she told him bluntly and he glared at her, “What? I’m not a baby, Jason; so, stop treating me as if I was one,” he shook his head and focused back on his guitar.

Billie’s voice then boomed through the arena and Jewel turned her focus to him, “Do you know what’s worth fighting for,” he went on, “When it’s not worth dying for?” She smiled to herself as she watched him sing into the microphone and strum the notes on his guitar with passion.

“Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?” Jewel sang along quietly to herself as the band continued on with the song for a few more moments. The band played bits and pieces of several songs and she sang to herself during all of them.

“Everything sounds perfect,” One of the techs shouted from the front of stage, “Great sound check guys; thanks!”

“Hey, Beej, my niece here is eye fucking the shit out of you,” Jason shouted from behind Jewel, her eyes widened and she turned to him quickly, “What? I was watching you the entire time, don’t be embarrassed.” He laughed hysterically.

“I wasn’t even looking at you,” She turned her focus back to Billie who was smiling widely at her, she felt the sides of her face burn uncontrollably and went on, “Don’t listen to Jason, he’s an idiot.”

“Don’t be ashamed, I’m flattered,” Billie stated as he made his way towards her, “You can eye fuck the shit out of me all you want; I don’t mind it a bit.” She grew even more embarrassed than she already was.

Everyone was backstage about an hour later; Jewel had secluded herself on a couch as she watched Jason and Billie talk about one of their last tours as they got ready. The rest of the band was in a different room taking a couple of shots.

“Do you remember that show, Jewel?” She wasn’t exactly paying attention to their conversation so she was oblivious to exactly what she was supposed to remember, “I think you were there, when Tre cut off his some of his hair with scissors?”

Jewel glared at her uncle evilly, she was still extremely aggravated with what he had said earlier, “No, but I do remember the time I told you to fuck off,” she said with venom in her voice as Billie snickered, “And here it comes again… fuck off.”

Jason buttoned up his shirt and turned towards her, “Stop being such a drama queen,” he said as he opened to the door of the dressing room, “Don’t rape Billie when the door closes.” He walked out the door and it closed behind.

She didn’t have time to shout anything so she just sat there in an uncomfortable silence with Billie, “I’m waiting…” he said as he broke the silence, Jewel looked at him with her eyebrow raised; she was confused, “Y’know, for you to come over here and rape me.” He grinned widely.

“Ugh, shut up,” she said in a frustrated tone, “Why do you insist on ganging up on me with him?” She crossed her arms and stared at him, “You’re supposed to be on my side.”

He laughed, “I’ll be on your side, while you’re raping me,” he stated as she groaned, grabbed the water bottle that was next to her and threw it at him, “Nice arm,” he said with a smile, “I’m just fucking with you, but he didn’t say what he said for no reason, now did he?”

“All I was doing was watching you as you played during the sound check,” Jewel said to him in an honest tone; she was, however, only being partially honest, but she wasn’t going to admit that she was in fact, checking him out, “I mean, I like your music, of course I’m going to watch you.” She went on coolly; she was trying to play it off as if she was innocently watching him.

“Alright, well, whatever, not everyone’s attracted to me,” Billie said with no emotion as he looked at himself in the mirror; he was trying to get her to admit the fact that she was, “I guess, I can learn to live with that.”

“No, I didn’t mean that, of course I’m attracted to-” she said quickly, she didn’t want to hurt his feelings; before she could finish she was cut off.

“Ha! So you admit that you’re attracted to me,” he said obnoxiously as he turned around and pointed at her with a smile, her eyes widened and she placed her hand over her mouth, “You can’t take back what you said now,” he went on confidently, “You’ve already admitted it, damn I’m good.”

She sighed, “Alright, fine, I’m attracted to you,” she said in defeat and then she shrugged her shoulders, “So what though? Who cares, it’s not a big deal or anything.” She rambled and then began to play with her fingers nervously.

“Why are you nervous all of a sudden?” He asked as he walked towards the couch that she was situated on and separated her hands, “Stop playing with yourself,” the both of them busted out into fits of giggles because both of their perverted sense of humor clicked, “Or do you do that differently?”

She pushed him lightly as she scoffed, “I don’t think the way I do that is any of your concern,” she said and then added, “Not that I do that at all, but if I did it really wouldn’t be any of your business how I do it.” The two of them laughed together again.

“We go on in about five minutes,” Tre said loudly as he opened the door and poked his head through with enthusiasm, he closed the door just as quickly as he had opened up.

Billie stood up and then looked down at Jewel, “I’m attracted to you, too,” he said as opened the door, smiled at her and walked out leaving her speechless.

After the show everyone traveled to New York City which was about a two and a half hour drive; since the band had the following day off, they figured they would spend two nights in a hotel, because it was much more comfortable than the tour bus.

Jewel was in her bed, almost asleep when she heard a light knock on her door. She figured it was her uncle so she didn’t bother fixing her hair as she answered the door; when the door opened it revealed Billie standing there with a crooked smile, “Wanna smoke?” he asked her as he held up the bag of dope, without even thinking she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside of her room, “Someone’s anxious.”

She rolled her eyes, “There’s cameras in the hallways, you moron, you can’t just go holding up dope like that,” she said as she closed the door behind him and then she put her hair up in a messy bun, “I mean, really? Are you trying to get yourself arrested?” He laughed at her seriousness and she groaned, “Let’s go on the balcony.”

As Billie rolled the blunt he decided to break the comfortable silence that they were in, “So, since this might be our last joint for awhile,” he said as he examined the substance in his hand, “We should get as high as we can off of it,” Jewel raised her eyebrow at him in a confused tone, “Y’know, share the smoke, it’ll last longer.” He smiled.

Jewel scratched the back of her neck nervously, “I guess that’d be a good idea,” she told him with a shy smile, “I’ve only done that a couple of times, so don’t go all nuts and blow the smoke out fast, I’ll choke.” She laughed nervously.

He nodded, “I have to do it slow too, I can rarely suck it in fast, if I do I burn the fuck out of my throat and it strains my vocal chords,” he explained to her as she nodded understandingly, “So, we’ll do it nice and slow.”

After Billie lit up the joint, he took a drag and leaned in towards Jewel and stopped a few centimeters from her lips, he placed his hands on her sides so that he wouldn’t lose his balance; well, that was the excuse he was going to use, he then slowly blew the smoke into her mouth and she inhaled it deeply. She held it in for a couple of seconds and then slowly passed the smoke back to him.

The two of them repeated these actions for about fifteen minutes, Billie took the final drag that was left of the joint and flicked it off of the balcony. He kept the smoke in his lungs for a couple of seconds and then place his hands on each side of Jewel’s face and leaned in slowly. She opened her mouth, he slowly exhaled the smoke into her mouth and she let the smoke fill her lungs. His hands stayed on each side of her face, but she didn’t mind it a bit. She passed the smoke back to him, and after he inhaled it, he exhaled a few moments later; the two of them stayed staring at each other.

Jewel’s heart began to beat quickly, she rested her hands on his hips because she didn’t want to fall forward and make a fool out of herself; maybe it just gave her a reason to touch him, “The smokes gone,” she said in a whisper as she gazed into Billie’s green eyes.

His forehead rested against hers, “I know,” he said in the same tone, he sighed deeply and looked into her eyes, “If I kissed you right now, would you slap the shit out of me?” His voice was calm and he stood still; he patiently waited for some kind of response from her, after thinking about her answer, her head then began to shake slowly and within moments their lips were pressed together.

A kiss couldn't do any harm, could it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.