Status: Complete.Done and Dusted :D

When I Nearly Lost You.

One Year Later

One year later

That bench and that tree was my lucky charm in someway. It brought me tears but it also brought me happiness.I've gotta say at first I really started hating August, this month used to be the month I hated. Yeah it brought sunshine and relaxation but it also brought the end of holiday romances and it brought school! Though I am lucky, I’m back after one year of university. It was hard leaving Alex, but if fate is with us, then me and Alex have a lifetime of happiness. I turn around and look at the tree in which Alex childish carved both our names before I left for university.

“That is so corny Alex!” I giggle as he continues to carry on and carve our names into the oak tree

“Yeah, so? We’re all perfectly entitled to childish moments. Thanks to you,you’re the one leaving me to go to University next week.” he says, leaning in to kiss me.

“Hah, you left me for two years, I heard nothing from you, I'll call and text you at least every week.” I say lightly punching him on his arm and leaning in to warm, loving embrace. I feel him kiss me on my forehead. The kiss is a light as air.


“Charlotte!” I turn around and see Alex waving and grinning at me.

I start to get up.

I feel content and happy now.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it folks!

© 2010 Sania Sahgal