Bite The Bible.

Chapter 6

It was about 8 O'clock back in the city, and just as the sun fell behind the earth a vampire awoke in New York City. Johanna sat up and brushed a stray hair away from her eyes. Something was wrong and it only took a moment for her to put a finger on it. Johanna wasn't drowsy. She had snapped wide awake as if she had never been sleeping. It was such a shame too. Johanna knew she would miss being lazy.

" Go straight home today and call your grandmother. It will assuage your concerns."

Johanna heard the familiar voice coming from a few rooms over. She knew that it was Rose giving somebody a reading. Careful not to disturb them, Johanna floated into the kitchen. She passed Rose and a middle aged blonde woman in the living room, but made no comments. Rose didn't like to be interrupted while she was focused on another person's energy.

The first thing Johanna wanted to do was take a hot cup of coffee or tea. Simply out of habit, but the scent coming from the still boiling pot held no appeal. She sighed and opened the fridge to find a bottle filled with the dark and semi coagulated cow's blood. Without even bothering to heat it up, Johanna opened it and chugged half of it.

Keeping the salty substance down wasn't an easy task, but Johanna would drink it all day if it meant she wouldn't have to kill another person. Well... another human. Johanna had no problems killing vampires. It's what she was raised to do. And now that she was desperate to earn back her family's trust she would kill a thousand if it meant she could go back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After bidding Rose farewell Johanna walked back out to her car. Her high heeled boots clacked on the pavement before she got in her car and turned on the motor. She was going hunting like most vampires do once the sun goes down.

One popular club for vampires was The Lab. That's where Johanna was planning on heading to this evening. Her car was stocked with stakes and all of the most recent and state of the art vampire killing technology. That along with an undying sense of angst and rage she was as prepared as any murderer could be.

That night the club seemed to be packed. She could already hear the music and she was still a block away. Angelspit, a band that Johanna knew all about thanks to a gothic-industrial phase in high school.

The music only grew louder as she walked into the club. The bouncer who happened to be a vampire as well didn't even bother to card her. This was a first for the young looking woman. Perhaps it was the fact that she was wearing so much makeup. That and the short red dress a long with boots that went past her knees were most likely the culprits.

Johanna smirked as she made her way over to the bar. Of course she didn't order anything. Not only was alcohol a sin ( not that it usually stopped her ) but she no longer ate or drank anything other than blood. The vampire eyed her knowingly. He of course was a creature of the night as well.

It didn't take long for her to be approached by a fellow vampire. Looking the way she did, I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner. The man who approached Johanna was a vampire named Cornelius. Although he now went by Angel. His long blonde hair reached below his shoulders. That and his perfect skin made him prettier than most girls. This was a factor that made his job easy.

He seemed to appear behind her like a shadow and when he spoke Johanna felt goosebumps form on her neck and arms.

" What's a pretty little thing like you doing in a place like this? A girl like you could get hurt..." He practically purred in her ear.

Johanna turned around so that he could see her face clearly. It was obvious by now that she was one of his kind. her dark red lips spread into a seductive smile and she bared her fangs.

" Too late for that..." She said huskily and tilted her head. " May I help you?"

By now Angel had realized that he would be getting no blood from the other vampire. She wasn't human like he had first thought. After the initial disappointment, Angel decided to keep at it anyway. She was still a pretty girl and he was still a predator.

" Dance with me...." He breathed out and leaned in closer. As an instinct Johanna leaned away. She knew she would have to say yes. Say yes and take this man home with her. At least pretend too.

Johanna nodded and looked at him saying nothing. He took her hand and brought her out to the dance floor. It was packed with young people dressed in leather and fishnet. Johanna stuck out with her dress, but not enough to stir up suspicion. Within a few seconds, Angel was on her. His body pressed so closely against hers that she could hardly breath. The song playing was slow and heavy in bass.

It seemed to take forever for that one song to end. Especially with the vampire touching her. His hand pressed into the small of her back. Pulling her closer to him. The moment was far too intimate for her to be comfortable with. When the song was over she was pulled into an empty corner.

" Who are you...." Angel whispered in her ear seductively. Johanna cursed herself silently. Why hadn't she thought of anything?

" What does it matter?" She purred and pulled his face down to crush her lips against his. She was met with no objections. Angel actually seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit. She could tell by the prominent hard on digging into her leg. Johanna was able to resist the urge to gag. It certainly wasn't easy with his tongue sliding down her throat. When Johanna finally came back up for unneeded air she looked at him Lustily.

" Come with me." She implored and took his hand, before walking out of the club. Once again the overconfident vampire went willingly. On the way back to her car they didn't speak much. Angel had pulled her close by the waist and Johanna was playing along rather well.

Upon reaching her car, Johanna got into the drivers seat while Angel willingly slid into the passenger's side. This all seemed a bit too easy and Johanna hoped that he wouldn't fight back too hard. She was trained for this type of thing, but she still knew that she was putting herself in danger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this was absolutely horrid and I haven't updated in forever....
Do forgive me....
~The Skylar ~