The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Something Deserved

"Patrick, it's not as bad as it looks," I defended myself as Jonathan got up quickly to look for his shirt while zipping his jeans.

"Really?" Patrick crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, "Because it looks like that if I hadn't walked through that door just a second ago, the two of you would've screwed on my nice new couch."

"Well," I blushed as Jonathan handed me my shirt. "It's not like we were naked."

"Do you realize how awkward this is?" Patrick rolled his eyes. "The girl who means a lot to me, making her like family and the captain of the hockey team I play for, practically fucking in my living room."

"Sorry," I blushed at him.

"Don't you two have your own place?" He sighed, rubbing his temple.

"We do," I smiled at him. "That's why we were here, picking up some of our stuff. I was leaving you a note when things just got well intense."

"God, you could've just gone into the bedroom," He whined.

"Sorry Sharpie," Jonathan took my hand. "We're leaving now."

"Don't be mad, Sharpie," I pouted as he closed his eyes slightly.

"I'm not mad," He let out an annoyed sigh, "Just it's not an image I want in my brain."

"So we'll see you tomorrow night at the party?" I smirked at him as Jonathan pulled me out of the living room.

"Yeah, with Abby," Patrick nodded.

"Bye Sharpie," I smiled waving to him as Jonathan tugged on my hand, leading me back to the car.

The two of us didn't say much on the ride home, on the account that Jonathan was now driving and he wouldn't stop touching my thigh, letting his fingers get super close to a certain spot on me.

Once we got back to Jonathan's apartment, we couldn't keep our hands to ourselves, making out against the wall of the building in the lobby before heading to the elevator in which clothing articles were starting to be pulled off on the ride up which was probably a bad idea but still, we couldn't help it.

When the elevator got our floor, Jonathan carried me into the room and through the door which slammed shut and he tossed me onto the couch. We picked up where we left off at Patrick's, letting our articles of clothing fall onto the floor and then Jonathan thrusted into me with an intensity that made me moan loudly.

Maybe it was a good thing we were home now since the only thing we had to worry about were the neighbors but honestly we didn't care. I don't think we ever did.

The only difference about tonight is everything was fast and lustful. Instead of being passionate, everything was rough. Not that I was complaining because I liked it, just I was probably going to be sore in the morning from the roughness between the two of us.

After we both reached our climaxes, the two of us cuddled on the couch since we didn't feel like going to the bedroom right now. Jonathan pulled a blanket over the two of us as he layed behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm glad we're not fighting anymore," I smiled lightly hoping he wouldn't say we still were.

"Me too," Jonathan kissed my cheek. "And Bradin's a cool kid. He's a lot like you."

"You really think so?" I thought to myself.

"He is," Jonathan chuckled. "He just doesn't have the whole captain Bi-polar or ego or anything like that yet."

"Probably won't," I smirked as Jonathan's fingers rested on my stomach. "It's crazy though he looks like Quinn."

"He's a cute kid," Jonathan smiled.

"Hopefully our son looks like you and our daughter gets my totally awesome looks," I looked back at him to see his eyes roll.

"And I'm the one with the ego?" He chuckled.

"Yup," I smiled with a yawn.

"Night Blaze," Jonathan kissed me quickly.

"Goodnight Captain Serious," I snickered before closing my eyes quickly.

Finally it was New Year's Eve when I woke up the next morning. There was still snow outside but today it wasn't falling too much just slightly over the city until maybe around noon. I was up by nine though since I had so much to do with Empire and getting ready for tonight. Plus Bradin was coming over at five tonight to hang out with us. Jonathan and I were planning on taking Bradin out to dinner with Kaner and Talia before the party, probably to somewhere with pizza or something, just something that would be fun and not too boring for the kid.

Just as I got dressed in some jeans and a hoodie, Jonathan got up, slipping on some clothes as he walked over to me.

"What are you doing up so early?" Jonathan stretched as smiled at him.

"I've got a lot of things to do today before the party," I sighed making a grocery list. "Then heading over to Empire to set up things, coming back here and making sure there's a space made up for Bradin, try to look good-"

"Hey," Jonathan stopped me. "You'll be fine. And I was going to come with you to get things done."

"Aww, that's sweet of you," I smiled at him quickly. "But with as much as i have to do, I'd end up snapping at you over something stupid."

"Then how about I set up the living room for Bradin to sleep in tonight?" Jonathan suggested. "I mean if he doesn't make it to midnight here, we can come back here and have our own party."

"That's actually not a bad idea," I smiled at him sweetly then walked up to him to wrap my arms around him. "You won't be mad if I have to bail early tonight?"

"If we have to bail," Jonatha smiled at me. "And no I won't."

"But I'll be taking you away from your friends," I pointed out to him which I didn't want to do. "I mean if you want to stay and hang out with them, I don't mind."

"It wouldn't be any fun if I can't kiss you at midnight," Jonathan smirked.

"You really know how to make a girl feel special, don't you?" I smiled at him as i played with his hair.

"I do what I can," He smiled before kissing me. "Just don't be surprised if some of my friends end up back here."

"Just don't be too loud if Bradin's asleep," I moved away from him slowly as he nodded.

"Promise," He smiled at me.

"Ok, so I'll see you in a few hours," I smiled at him, kissing him quickly. "Love you."

"Love you too," Jonathan smiled just as I went out the door to head to Empire Records.

After getting to the record shop, everyone was around getting things ready, moving shelves, setting up tables, a stage, decorating, those sorts of things. It looked like I was already late but there was still so much do. Setting my things down in the backroom, I quickly pulled my hair back, half forgetting that I had bite marks on my neck from Jonathan last night and then headed out to work on things for tonight.

"Alright, so," I started as Aj walked up to him. "Who's on the food run?"

"Burko went to check on the food being brought in," Aj nodded, "And Mark's making sure that we've got the Dj tonight."

"Ok," I nodded as I looked at a clipboard he handed me.

"And Joe and Lucas are making sure they're favorite employee doesn't over work herself," Lucas smiled as he walked through the door.

"Lucas," I smiled walking up to hug him as he hugged me back.

"Look at you," Lucas looked me up and down. "Being all business like and showing more."

"I know," I smiled at him just as Joe walked into the door.

"Well, the lights are up on the roof," Joe walked in as I moved away from Lucas and went to hug Joe.

"Hey Joe," I smiled as he smiled back at me.

"How have you been? No trouble?" Joe questioned.

"Well," I drew out as he raised an eyebrow at me. "It's a long story."

"Speaking of," Joe started as I looked at him. "I've got something I need to talk to you about."

"Um, is it important?" I questioned as he nodded then I looked back at the rest of the them. "Guys, I'll be right back."

I walked off with Joe to the back room which left Lucas and Aj allow on the floor in a some what silence.

"What'd Joe want to talk to Blaze about?" Aj questioned Lucas.

"You know how Joe's always treated us all like we're family?" Lucas questioned while looking over the clipboard.

"Yeah, that's what makes Joe, Joe," Aj nodded.

"Well he actually had his own flesh and blood working for him, he just never knew it, til now," Lucas looked towards the backroom quickly.

"No way," Aj's eyes went wide. "You mean-"

"It's why Joe's been gone for so long," Lucas nodded. "He finally got all the blood work back from a case he was working on because of her mom's sister's tip a while ago. So now that he knows, he wants to be able to walk her down the aisle at her wedding to give her something she's always deserved."