We All Have Our Secrets

Starting a New School

*Edward‘s POV*
“You will be paired with some who shared all your classes. This will be for a week and after the week you are free to spend time with your partner or as some people say, ditch them.” They are gorgeous kids. Is everyone in Forks like this?
I exchanged glances with Jasper. His lips were upturned in a fashion that no human would be able to notice. Rose and Emmett found this information completely uninteresting and Bella smiled. Her second time in High School but it was fairly obvious she was hoping Nessie was settling into school okay.
“She‘ll be fine.” I whispered to Bella who nodded uncertainly. She squeezed my hand lightly and smiled more genuinely.
Jasper was only attending school to play the charade of human, his first try since Alice left. He took it surprisingly well and seemed genuinely happy when I informed everyone she would be back in less than a week with her new mate.
“Edward, you are with Daniel Marsters. Bella, Ally Whitburn.” Mrs. Fairview paused as they waved sheepishly from a corner. “Emmett you are with Kyle Durton, Rosalie I believe you are with Felicity Morton. Last but not least, Jasper you are with Carly Stead?” she ruffled through some papers. Why would her name be down? I can’t let her show Jasper around… A completely bad influence. “It appears to be a mistake” she said aloud.
“What‘s wrong Sue?” Mrs Bellfry asked, coming to see what was taking so long.
“Carly Stead is meant to be showing Jasper Hale around.” she replied in a whisper. “She isn‘t even here yet and… we know what she‘s like.” she lowered her voice, thinking we couldn’t hear “And I don‘t want Jasper falling in with her… gang.”
“I understand but she‘s been a lot more subdued since her brother… you know.” It may be terrible thing but they both deserved it.
“Subdued as a raging terrorist”
Here they were gossiping like old woman. Kyle and Felicity stood up to start showing Emmett and Rose to their lessons. Ally stood up and smiled at Bella. She whispered a see you later and we quickly kissed before she headed off with Ally. Daniel stood up and walked beside me.
“We can wait until Carly arrives, so they sort this out if you want?” he offered
“That would be fine thank you.”
He smiled and nodded, turning back to his phone. Jasper gave out an audible sigh.
“Mrs. Fairview, I‘m positive I will be fine finding my own way around the school.” It’s not my first time in High School.
“No, no… it‘s school policy that every student has a buddy. I‘m sure we can sort this out.” I hope she doesn’t turn up at all.
“What seems to be the problem with Carly?” I asked Daniel, genuinely curious
“She‘s the one person you don‘t want to ever cross. Her and her friends and like the mafia of the area. She‘s fine as long as you don‘t piss her off. She‘s really smart, smoking’ hot and everything, but she has a defensive wall like an armoured tank.” he looked at the secretaries nervously “Everyone is scared of her because there isn‘t anything she doesn‘t know, or can‘t find out. If you provoke her she can find the worst things in your life and anyone in a 100mile radius can find out.”
“So no one crosses her?”
“Well, the plastics do and the jocks, but she doesn‘t really spend enough time around them to actually care what they say. Just don‘t get on her bad side, or any of her friends.”
“What about family?”
He paused then and sighed. “It‘s not my place to tell.”
His mind didn’t linger on the conversation and the secretary sent us off to lessons, assuring us Jasper would be fine.

*Jasper‘s POV*
Edward and Daniel left leaving me with the two panicking women. I can’t seem to understand why they wouldn’t let Carly show me around. Surely no human was that terrible? The worst that could happen? I end up eating her…
“Oh no.” the two women’s heartbeats picked up instantly as someone opened the door and a strong smell of vanilla filled the room. I waited for the venom to fill my mouth but nothing happened. I turned and saw the girl who entered. Her short black hair was shaped around her face and her plush red lips formed a straight line. Her eyes were a vivid emerald and her skin almost as pale as mine. She glanced at me and her lips parted slightly and then she turned to the two secretaries.
“You must be Jasper Hale?” she asked, her expression blank but her tone polite.
“I am. You must be Carly Stead.”
She nodded her head and glanced at the two woman who were glaring at her.
“Don’t worry Carly, someone else is showing Jasper around.” Bellfry lied.
She rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath in Greek as all the papers on the desks fell around.
“We have History first.” she said calmly holding the door open.

We weren’t the only one’s with secrets.

“Mr Doyle, this is Jasper.” Carly told the teacher who nodded and she headed to the back of the room.
She mouthed something to someone and they moved to the edge of the desk and she pulled up a chair. She sat in the middle and gestured for me to sit on the third seat.
“Jasper meet Simmons.” she muttered, pointing to the guy to her left.
He had long white hair and was dressed in all black like Carly. I could sense his confusion at my presence and whispered something to Carly so quietly, I couldn’t hear it. I did catch her reply though.
“You say those words without my approval your find your tongue lying next to you on your pillow.”
I was starting to see why the secretaries were reluctant to let Carly show me around, although, she had been nothing but polite to me.
She kept up banter between the three of us throughout the lesson. The teacher looked our way more directions then anyone ever had, but said nothing.
“All right. The bells about to go, what did you learn this lesson?” Mr Doyle asked looking around the room.
He looked over to Carly and Simmons who were talking, and asking me questions every know and again, making sure I didn’t feel neglected, and looked at them hesitantly before shaking his head silently and choosing someone closer to the front.