Status: Complete

Ugly Things

027

I stared at them from the upstairs window that overlooked the street. Her friends, the heroes, had come at long last. They looked like that had been arguing a moment ago, and as I watched her hand grip his, he shook his head. I knew what that meant and if they decided to come inside, I would blow their fucking heads off.

Were they ready to see what lay beyond the front door? I doubted it very much. Both of them loved Tate with every fiber of their being, and to see her dead and cold would ruin them. That thought made me smile.

I watched Aria turn away from the house and pull Caleb after her, and I wonder if they figured out the other piece of this. I wonder if they knew I was the one that murdered that boy. He had stuck his nose in where it didn’t belong. I had to get rid of him. He had caused so much trouble, confusing Tate with his lies, that I didn’t have a choice. She would have thanked me, if she hadn’t been so busy trying to get away from me.

I had never encountered anyone like Tate before, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be the last. There would be another dimwitted girl making eyes at me soon enough, but I wouldn’t make any advances, much to her displeasure, whoever she was.

“I hope you don’t come back,” I muttered, glancing out at the now empty sidewalk. “I wouldn’t want to kill three people in one day. That would be unfortunate.”

I returned to the couch and pulled the blanket so that Tate’s body was righted. I needed to figure out what I was going to do with her. I didn’t want to kill her, if you could believe that, but my anger had gotten the best of me yet again.

“What am I going to do with you? I do hope your moron friends don’t come back with the police. We won’t be here if they do. Plus, they have no proof I killed you. It’s all gut feeling from Mr. Harris. He’s the smarter of the two, but I’m pretty sure even you knew that. I think you should have listened to him.”

I touched her hair, the brown strand falling from my grasp. Part of me wished she had stayed away, because I wasn’t safe. Maybe deep down I knew ending her life was the only way to fix things. Maybe I knew she would be the last one that I would kill.

After all, a monster could be redeemed, couldn’t he?

Even as I asked the question in my head, I knew the answer was no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.

I'm ending this in the next chapter. But there will be room for another. The conclusion will be a cliffhanger. The next story will be all Elias and cops and more violence.

It will be exciting and I hope everyone will read that one, too.


Comment & Subscribe.