What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals? Ch. 1

I always had my brothers back. Picking him up when he was hurt emotionally. Helping him when he was brokenhearted. Getting him out of jail. Bringing him home when he was drugged. Smacking the living heck out of any girl he wanted me to, because I knew he would protect me if more than the girl he was mad at happened to come along.

My brother always had my back. Kicking the butts of any jocks, preps, and in general jerks that picked a fight with me. Picking up the pieces of my broken heart after a breakup. That happened more often than you’d think. I often got into fights with cheerleaders- and beat the shit out of them, I must admit. My brother was always there when their boyfriends got involved.

We knew each other. We knew almost everything each other thought. It was weird sometimes. To be completely honest, he was like my best friend. We were there for each other, through thick and thin.

In reality, I had more like three big brothers. If one got into trouble, we all got into trouble. If one got rewarded, we all got rewarded. If one went to jail, well, then, we got each other out. It was perfect. Who were my brothers?

Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool, of course. We’ve been together since age 13 for them, 12 for me. Mike, my real brother, was 18, along with Billie and Tre. I was 17, also a grade below them.

I often wondered what would happen when they graduated- if they graduated. I would be immediately targeted, of course. But what else? Ganged up on? Raped? Beat? Ha, the last one was merely a thought. I could beat any girl who even thought about fighting me. A guy, I’m not to sure. Sure, most guys were skinny and lanky, and I could take them. But it was the jocks, preps, and football players that wanted a go at me. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers.

I was the female version of my brother. Not too tall though, way shorter, I stood at about 5’2. I had dirty blond hair like him, but my eyes were icey blue. I loved to wear converse, mainly high tops, along with my hair always down. Skinny jeans were a given. Band tees were always with me.

~~~~~~~~Story Start~~~~~~~~~

“Tre, get your butt up!” I muttered as he sat on me. Mike, Billie, Tre and I were getting into Billie’s car. Well, trying. I called shot gun, then got in, only to have Tre sit on me.

“Gimmie this seat!” He whined. My anger started to build up. One thing the guys still have yet to learn that I was not at my best at 8:00 in the morning.

“Tre, get your butt up right now. It’s eight in the morning and I will not hesitate to smack the heck out of you.” I said in a low voice. It was true. I was NOT a morning person. Especially on Mondays- which was today.

“Okay.” He said quickly, then hopped in the back seat. Billie chuckled slightly. Mike moaned from the backseat for Tre had jumped on him. I smiled beside myself, thinking about my (only) friends. Okay, that wasn’t true. I had one other friend- down in Arizona. Don’t ask how I got there or why. Please, just don’t.

“Did anyone finish that science report, you know, from Friday?” Mike asked suddenly. I gave him a weird look.

“Yeah, why?” I asked back.

“I need it. If I don’t get at least a B- on it, I’ll fail!” Mike said all depressed like. I frowned.

“Here. Just; don’t copy word for word. Make up your sentences from it.” I told him, handing back my report.

“What the hell?” Mike exclaimed. I raised my eyebrow. “You did freaking four pages on an essay that was only supposed to be one?”

“I was actually bored Friday during Science.” I shrugged. Mike didn’t say anything else; he just got to working.

“So….” Billie started. “I heard some kids from New Jersey were supposed to come to this school today. Like, an exchange of students. A couple kids should already be in Jersey from our school now. I wonder who will come?” Billie finished, mostly talking to himself at the end. I nodded my head.

“Shall we start the day with blaring rock music?” I suggested. Billie turned the radio on, and we all rocked out to whatever was playing.

~~~~

“Here comes the freak.” A cheerleader sneered at me. I laughed in her face. The guys had already gone to their classrooms, where they were halfway across the school. Ah, cheerleaders, how they never learn.

“Come back for more?” I asked, smirking. She looked almost frightened, which brought great joy to me. She took one, two, three steps closer to me.

“The last fight we had was just luck on your part. Where’s your little friends now? No where.” She smirked back. ‘Okay, if anyone asks, at least I can tell them I didn’t throw the first punch.’ I thought.

“I didn’t need them last time and I certainly won’t need them now.” I told her, taking one step closer to her. We were now only five feet away. I took the time to notice what she was wearing; in case I had to fight dirty; which most likely won’t happen.

Typical cheerleader. Not to generalize. She was wearing a tight pink top, with what was a visible black bra underneath. Slut. The cheerleader was also wearing short shorts, to my utter dismay, it makes it so easy to target legs. Along with high black heels, she was a typical high school cheerleader.

“Gah!” She shrieked, then launched herself at me. I didn’t know exactly she wished to accomplish even if she managed to knock me of my feet. Which didn’t happen. I simply sidestepped her. She fell to the floor. The girl quickly got up and tried to backhand me. I grabbed her hand, shoved it away, and followed up with a high kick to her stomach. She stumbled backward, grasping her stomach in pain while letting out an agonizing cry.

“Get away from my girlfriend.” Some jock, who I believe was called Jason, growled from behind me. I spun around only to find him cracking his knuckles. This would have been menacing if only I was the normal teenage girl. But I wasn’t, so I grinned.

“Whacha gonna do? Punch me? A helpless innocent girl?” I taunted. He glared at me before bringing his fist back, only to collide with someone’s hand. A tall, long black haired teenager had moved in front of me.

“Oh no you don’t.” He said with a north accent, then snapped his right fist into his face. Jason clutched his face, before trying to land a badly placed punch to him. He dodged; then placed punch to his gut.

“Didn’t your mom ever teach you to treat young ladies with respect?” He asked. I grabbed the strangers hand a pulled him towards the office. The passerby’s were too caught up with the jock and cheerleader to notice us leaving.

“Thanks, I guess.” I mumbled. I quickly let go of his hand. “You new?”

“No problem. He was being an asshole to a beautiful young woman. And yes, I am. Gerard Way, I guess I’m one of the ‘exchange students’ from New Jersey for two weeks.” He told me. I could feel a slight blush on my cheeks from his compliment.

“Ah, okay. I’m Jade Dirnt. Just call me Jay.” I smiled at him. I had a feeling he was just like me- misunderstood by the world. I had a feeling he and Billie would get along just fine.

“Well, nice to meet you Jay. Eh, can you tell me where the office is?” Gerard asked. I nodded.

“come on, I’ll show you.” I told him. He followed me to the office. After taking long corridors, keeping my distance from the jocks, we arrived there.

“Not again, I presume.” The assistance lady at the front desk asked in a monotone.

“Nope, Beatrice, just showing a new student to the principal.” I told her cheerfully. She eyed me carefully.

“You know where he is.” She said. “Oh, and boy, you should stay away from this one, she’s… Not your average girl.” She warned Gerard. I rolled my eyes before making my way to the principles office.

Principle Clark. Actually, not your average principle. He’s let me get off of a couple suspensions and detentions for being such a good student academically. Go figure.

“Not again?” Clark asked. I shook my head, suddenly tired of this. How did everyone know my fighting habits?

“Nope, just showing Mr. Way here to the office.” I said. He shook his head knowingly.

“Don’t think I don’t know about this mornings scrap.” He told me seriously.

“It really wasn’t her fault, sir. The other girl started it, and her boyfriend would have smashed Miss Dirnt here to pieces if I didn’t interfere. So it’s really the cheerleader’s fault.” Gerard told the principle with a straight face, with all concern showing in his face.

“Ah, well, thank you Mr. Way. If it wasn’t for you, Jay would have had been given a detention.” He said, looking a little relieved. Clark started looking at Gerard’s schedule, then gave it to him.

“Well, Jay, it looks like you have all the same classes with Gerard. Please show him to his classes while he is here, and give him the locker next to yours.” Clark said. I nodded my head and motioned for Gerard to follow me.

“Mr. Way?” Gerard asked, one eyebrow raised as we made our way to our lockers. I shrugged.

“Miss Dirnt?” I asked back, who he in turn shrugged also. We arrived at our lockers in which I quickly opened mine, then Gerard‘s.

“You know my locker combination?” Gerard questioned.

“Billie Joe is a locker specialist.” I replied, grabbing first periods book. He raised an eyebrow.

“You boyfriend?”

“Who’s boyfriend?” Someone questioned from behind me. Gerard looked up, and I turned around.

“Hey Billie.” I greeted him, and he smiled.

“No, he is not my boyfriend.” I finally answered Gerard.

“But I thought last night was something special?” Billie asked, a puppy dog look on his face. I gaped at him, my mouth wide open.

“Billie fucking Armstrong, so help me-” I started, but was cut off by his laughter.

“Just kidding, we all know you’re a virgin.” He got out. “Anyway, who’s this?”

“Oh, yeah. Gerard, this is Billie Joe Armstrong, Billie, this is Gerard Way.” I introduced them. In some odd way, I was thankful Gerard met Billie before Mike. Mike would have gone all big brother, even though we were just mutual friends at this point. He would have jumped to conclusions, even though I’ve only known him not even an hour and he was a new student. This way, if Billie liked Gerard, he may put in a good word for him. Why was I thinking about this? It’s not like I liked him. He seemed like someone we would hang out with, though. So I guess I would like him to be on my side; even if he were only going to be here two weeks.

They nodded their heads like guys- you know, like a confrontational thing? I rolled my eyes.

“Gerard is one of the exchange students from New Jersey. He has all of his classes with me.” I explained. Billie nodded his head. “What are you doing so far away from your class?”

“Actually I got sent to the principles office. Apparently he wanted to talk to me about my grades.” Billie winced. I laughed.

“Good luck with that.” I told him, then I noticed Gerard getting slightly uncomfortable.

“Are you hanging out with us at lunch, Gerard?” Billie asked. Gerard looked a little perplexed.

“Uh, well, I haven’t really been invited.” He said awkwardly. I smiled.

“Well then, would you like to hang out with us at lunch?” I asked. He smiled back at me, while Billie raised his eyes.

“Sure.” He answered. I clapped my hands together.

“Great! We’re going to class now, good luck Billie.” I said, then tugged Gerard down the hallway.

“Okay, just to warn you, I’m not the most popular person here. All right, complete understatement. I’m hated by a good three quarters of the student body, and all but two teachers. People will not hesitate to hurt you if they see you with me. So if you don’t want to associate yourself with me, I get it.” I warned him.

“Nah, I get it. I was- still am- at the bottom of my school. The weird emo kids, we’re called.” Gerard replied.

““We’re?”” I asked. “Not meaning to pry, just curious.” We rounded another corner.

“Eh, Frank, Bob, Ray, Mikey and I. We’re the different kids, we aren’t, nor do we want to be, popular.” Gerard said in is accent.

“Aaaah. Well, it’s Billie Joe, Mike, Tre, and me. Plus the Goths and emos- but they are in such of large group-s they are hard to target. We’re supposedly easier than them.” I said.

In the short time that I walked with Gerard to first period, science, I complied many things about him. One, his group was just like mine. Two, he loved drawing. Three, he didn’t do drugs, unlike my group, which was the largest difference. Four, he was in a band, and he sang. Five, his brother is Mikey.

“Here we are.” I told him as we walked into the classroom. Miss Kayota looked at us from the experiment on the table. She glared at me, then eyed Gerard.

“Care to explain why you are late, Miss Dirnt?” She asked in a cold, low tone. She was one of the teachers I couldn’t stand- always so cold and quick to jump to conclusions.

“Good to see you too, Miss Kayota. Mr. Clark called me to his office to show around Gerard.” I answered in a cheerful voice. Her eyes narrowed.

“Sit.” She told me. I raised my eyebrow, but went to sit in my seat. I sat in the very back. No one sat next to me except a very daring goth. She rarely talked to me, but when we did, it was over our despise of the school.

“Well then, Gerard. Please tell the class about yourself.” Miss Kayota said.

“Well, eh, I like The Misfits and Iron Maiden.” Was all he told her. She frowned.

“Please take a seat where there is an available desk.” Her frown remained. The only available seats where to the left of me, and directly in front of me. Gerard casually walked over to the one to the left of me. This caused the class to ripple into conversation.

“Class, pay attention.” The teacher snapped. Everyone stopped talking, but many notes flew across the class. I sighed. People like these thrive off of gossip. The rest of the class went by in a blur.

One the bell rang, I was out of my seat. Gerard quickly followed me, and soon we where out the door.

“Did you understand what she was talking about?” I asked as we walked to the next class.

“Not one word.” He replied, and we started to laugh. It was so easy being with Gerard. It’s like we already knew each other, every aspect. We were just like each other.

“Creative Writing next.’ I sighed happily. This was one class I didn’t even need to try in. I loved to write- I wanted to be an author one day. This teacher actually liked me too- and didn’t even try to show I was his favorite.

“Creative Writing? I take it you like it.” Gerard said. I nodded happily.

“One class I can be myself in. Without looking like a total moron in society.” I told him, and he chuckled.

“I understand completely.” He replied. Just then, a prep by the name of Cassie walked over to us. She was utterly hopeless. She wasn’t a cheerleader. She made up for that by being the school slut. Cassie smiled slyly and me, then put on her best sultry voice.

“Hello there, you must be new. You know, you’re kinda cute.” She said, then batted her eyelashes at him. Seriously?

“Thanks, I guess.” He said awkwardly. I suppressed a laugh trying to force it’s way out of my mouth.

“Your welcome. May I ask, why are you hanging out with Jade?” She spat out my name. I raised one eyebrow at her. I knew where this was going. If Gerard wanted a bully free life here, he’d walk away from me right now- it was now or never.

“Because Jay isn’t fake, unlike most of you plastic Barbie dolls. We have a lot in common, not that I’d ever have anything to do with you.” He said, slightly hostile, and I couldn’t help but grin. He stood up for me! Why was I so happy? Well, I guess because this meant I had a new friend.

“Goodbye.” I said, then tugged Gerard away.

“Thanks.” I told him quietly after we left her gaping at us as we followed another corridor. He smiled at me, which I could only return.

“For what?” He asked. I shrugged.

“You kind of stood up for me back there. I should actually be apologizing- you just being seen with me killed any chance you had at a normal life here.” I replied. He laughed.

“I already said I wasn’t at my old school. Why would I want one now?” He said. I nodded my head knowingly. We were now standing at the CW (Creative Writing) door. Before I opened it, I turned to him.

“I think you’ll like Mrs. Bertran.” I said, then opened the door and walked in. I felt at home here. The walls were a dramatic gray. The desks seats were theater-like, with the arm rests and red padding. The desks themselves were like coffee tables painted black. The walls were littered with posters, which read off little quotes from authors and other famous people. There wasn’t a wipe board in the room, mainly because the class didn’t need one. Mrs. Bertran’s desk was up at the front of the room, with a little computer, and all of her students papers on it. To top it all off, there were five bookshelves around the room. Not the boring books teachers assign, but real, genuine books she found all over the country and around the world.

Mrs. Bertran smiled at me as I walked in. I smiled back. She was petite woman, only 32. Her auburn hair hung to the middle of her back, which accented her high cheekbones. Her turquoise eyes stood out, making her seem as the caring lady across the street that you’d want for a mom. I’d spent countless hours in this room, just writing, venting my anger down on paper. She’d helped me through many problems in my years here, giving me advice on what to do next.

“Hello Mrs. Bertran.” I greeted her, as she walked up next to me, greeting me with a hug.

“Hello, Jay dearest! Ah, who is this? Possibly Gerard Way?” She asked.

“Hello, Mrs. Bertran. Nice to meet you.” He replied. I could already tell he felt at ease in this class.

“Nice to meet you too, Gerard! You are just like Miss Jay here, aren’t you?” She questioned. She saw him furrow his eyebrows together. “Not afraid to stand out, misunderstood by the world, destined to make it somewhere.” She explained.

“Well, ah, I guess.” He replied. She smiled at him, in which he smiled back. I waved goodbye to her, and walked to the back of the room, Gerard following.

“Sorry, I’m, ah, following you around.” He said shyly. I laughed.

“I don’t mind, really. You know, you’re the fifth friend I’ve made here. I have a feeling we are going to be really good friends while you’re here.” I mused.

“Fifth? Well then I am honored.” He said, then I giggled. Yes, giggled. I hadn’t done that is so long- even while with my last boyfriend one month ago.

“Okay, pupils, we will start today off with partners. I want you to get to know them very well, for the rest of the class period, then next class period we shall write down everything we remember. This exercise will not only help you gain a new friend, but well, ah, let you talk, basically.” Mrs. Bertran explained. The class had quieted down at this point. It was hard to not like her.

“I’m sorry, but I’m partnering all of you up. So…. Tom and Lilly, Grayson and Tyson, Michael and Sidney, Casey and Brionna, Tyna and Brandon, Kate and Fred, Jay and Gerard.” She finished. I looked up at her, and she gave me a knowing look.

“All right, Gerard. Can I start?” I asked. He nodded.

“Hmmm… What do you want to do when you grow up?” I asked. He laughed.

“Singer. What do you want to be?” He asked back.

“Author. Favorite color?”

“Black and red. Yours?”

“Purple and black. Favorite superhero?”

“Wolverine. Favorite… shoe type?”

“High top converse. Favorite band?”

“The Misfits. Do you know any instruments?”

“Guitar. …”

Question after question for the next sixty minutes. I felt even closer to him than before, which was only to be expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch came. Gerard and I talked all the way until we got to the spot Tre, Billie, Mike, and I hung out. It was a little alleyway behind the school where they could do drugs without being caught. The gray brick walls were covered in graffiti by us. There were a couple of seats in the corner, along with a trash can. The guys bought and sold drugs here, right on school campus. The ground wasn’t bad; it just was tagged with even more graffiti. You see; the guys liked a ‘clean’ environment. So that’s where the trash can came into play. No one ever came here; so we could leave personal things here and they’d be here the next day. I actually sprayed the walls, floor, seats, and trash can with perfume each day. On the weekends we’d sneak in here if we needed to get away and basically the guys would get drugged up while I cleaned up.

“Hey guys. This is Gerard Way, Gee, this is Billie, the one you met in the hallway, Tre, and Mike.” I introduced them. I’d given Gerard the nickname Gee after discovering that his friends called him that.

It went okay. Like I thought before; Billie and Gerard got along perfectly. I believe Gerard was slightly disturbed by Tre, because he was so full of energy and his sex comments, but they got along well also. Mike and him were the problem. Mike kept asking him… Very personal questions, to say the least. Mike went all big brother on me, as with he would do if I made more guy friends, well, friends in general.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love writing this story, tell me if you love reading it =)