What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 2 - Making It Big

*End Of The Day*
"Does Gerard want a ride home?" Billie asked me as we all (besides Gee) were walking to Billie's car. Mike frowned slightly.
"He already has a ride to the place he's staying at with a friend that goes here now." I replied. Mike looked slightly relieved.
"You don't like him Mikey?" I asked Mike. He winced.
"He's okay." He finally said when we arrived at Billie's car. I nodded. Tre jumped inot the front passenger seat, with Billie driving. I sat behind Billie, Mike sat behind Tre.
I couldn't get Gerard off my mind. We were exactly alike. Well, not exactly. We had few differences. For example, I suck at drawing, he rocks. How he stood up for me in front of Cassie was perfect- only the guys have done that for me, none of my past boyfriends have. I loved the way his hair fell in front of his face when he looked down. How he was focused on an assignment.
"Jay? JAY, hello?" Billie woke me from my daydreaming. I smiled innocently at him.
"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. He rolled his eyes. Tre snickered.
"I asked, is that Gerard kid coming around anytime soon?" He asked.
"Oh, not that I know of." I replied.
"What were you thinking of?" Mike asked suddenly. I blushed.
"Just this, ah, creative writing assignment." I covered lamely. Mike frowned, but didn't press the subject. I knew he knew I was lying.
"Home!" I exclaimed.
"It's not your home." Mike reminded me. We were at Billie's house.
"It's like home." I scoffed. Mike and I were hardly ever home. Always at Billie's or Tre's.
"Practice?" Tre asked excitedly.
"Yep." Billie replied. We all got out of his car and walked to the garage. His mom let's him use it asa practice place.
On the far end, away from the garage door, was where we set up. Tre's drum set was in the middle, off the the right was where Mike way, off to the left me, and in front of everyone Billie. An old, dusty couch sat to the right of us.
"okay, we'll start with "Knowledge." A while ago, the guys had been known as "Sweet Children" with a different drummer. When Tre came to the durms,they switched names to Green Day. I was just there in case they needed another guitarist and moral support.
~~~~~
An hour and a half later, we were done with practice. Currently we were just sitting around in Billie's room.
"Jay has a crush." Tre said suddenly. I gave him a funny look.
"Do not." I asnwered indignitly.
"Do too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not."
"Do too, you like Gerard Way!" He sang. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.
"Do not." I said. Tre rolled his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weeks passed. Gerard left. I went back to the old ways- beating the crap out of cheerleaders, casually dating, nothing lasting more than a week. I was getting more and more depressed as the days went by. I wanted Gee back- he understood me more than the guys did, which was weird.
I was sitting in my room, playing chords from "Welcome To Paradise." My bed sheet covers were black, my blanket neon orange. The walls were a deep purple- covered in posters from various bands. A black desk sat in a corner, a black bookcase in another, and a black dresser by my bed. My closet door hung open from overflowing.
"Jay!!! Guess waht? We're going on tour! For seven weeks!" Billie shouted as soon as he barged into my room. Mike and Tre soon followed. My eyes opened wide.
"Seriously?" I asked, my mouth agape.
"Seriously!" Mike said. Billie lifted me off my bed and slung me over his shoulder. I grinned like heck. Green Day was finally going to make it!
"We leave in three days. So get packing!" Billie said as he spun me around, me still on his shoulders. I laughed.
"If you want me to come, let me pack!" I told him. He set me down, kissing the top of my head. Tre and Mike kissed the top of my head also, before grinning like maniacs and leaving me in my room. Odd.
"Okay then. What will I possibly need in seven weeks..." I mused to myself, collecting everything I thought I would need.
And this was the begining of Green Day...
~~~~
Almost simutaniously, Gerard Way and his band, My Chemical Romance, made it big.
♠ ♠ ♠
I <3 Green Day in this =)