What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

ch. 8 Part Two Of Our "Date"

"What do you want to watch?" Gerard asked me as we walked up to buy the tickets. I shrugged.
"Doesn't matter." I replied. He nodded and bought two tickets to a horror movie.
"You like horror?" Gerard asked as we came to our seats.
"Eh, it's okay." I told him. He smiled.
"The guys and I freaking love horror." He said. I laughed slightly and we took our seats.
~~~~~~~
"Oh. My. God." I gasped as we walked out of the theater. I had just witnessed the worst horror movie ever. Don't get me wrong, the actors were great, plot was awesome, but it was freaking scary. I almost peed my pants at a part.
"It wasn't that bad." Gerard laughed at me. I gave him a look that read, 'are you crazy?' He just broke off laughing. I jumped about a total of seven times throughout the movie. I grabbed Gerard's hand about nine times.
"Excuse me, but are you two dating?" A female came up to us and asked us. I instantly blushed.
"No, we aren't." Gerard answered.
"Oh. My friend over there (she points) likes you." She told us. Gerard looked slightly flustered at this. I grinned widely, despite the uneasy feeling I had in my stomach. The girl she pointed to was a petite blond, manicured nails, designer clothes, and a very pretty face due to the make-up.
"Uh, well then. Tell her I said hi." He replied, then grabbed my hand and nearly dragged me to his car. At this point I was already past the point of smiling at his unease, I was laughing.
"You looked so... so... freaked out when she told you that!" I said as he started to drive away. "Why?"
"She probably knows who I am. I did not want to attract a crowd." He replied. I nodded. "Besides, she wasn't even cute."
"What? Yeah she was." I argued. He winced.
"1. She looked like a slut in her clothes. 2. She had to have a friend come up to me. 3. It looked like she was wearing clown make-up." Gerard justified himself with a frown on his face.
"So many guys would have loved to be in your position" I told him.
"Yeah, but how many guys would have been loved to be asked out by you?" He asked. I gave him a confused look.
"Me?" I asked. He nodded.
"You don't wear slutty clothes. You only wear eyeliner and the occasional mascara. You could attract such a bigger group of guys than her. And maybe a couple girls." Gerard told me. My eyes widened in surprise as he focused on the road. Was that a blush I spotted on his cheeks?
"I-uh-well, um, thanks?" I turned that into a question. He smiled. The rest of the ride home was just mindless chatter. It was so easy talking to Gerard about nothing and everything all at once.
We both got out of his car. Now it was about seven thirty. Time flies when you're having fun. I couldn't really distinguish any voices inside the bus. Gerard and I walked onto the bus to find Billie Joe, Tre, Mike, and some unknown guy talking. Must have been an interview. They all looked over at us, the cameraman included.
"Heylo." I greeted them in a cheery voice. Gerard, being camera-friendly, gave a large smile at the camera and waved.
"What are you doing out with strange men all night?" Tre asked in a motherly tone.
"Gerard isn't that strange." I joked.
"Gee, thanks." He said sarcastically. I smiled at him.
"I was only joking Gee. Strange people aren't boring." I added. He cracked a smile.
"I'm sorry, I'm lost." The interviewer asked. "Are you two dating?"
"Wow, second time we've been asked that tonight. No we're not. Just friends with benefits." Gerard answered. My mouth dropped open wide.
"Psh, you wish." Was my only reply. Gerard broke off laughing.
"Well, see everyone in the morning." Gerard said before I could come up with anything better. He hugged me, slightly rocking back and forth like the last one.
"If we hug any longer, you're going to get bombarded with reporters about me." I told him, so he broke the hug. He just grinned and bid farewell to the camera.
"I'm pretty sure the fans out there would like to know what's going on between you and Gerard." The interviewer tried to coax me into telling him lies.I chuckled.
"Gee and I are like this." I twisted my first two fingers together. "We're best friends."
The rest of the hour went by with Tre, Billie, and Mike's inside jokes with themselves. I leaned back in my bunk and listened to music for the remainder of the interview. I couldn't get out the fact that so many people have asked if we were a couple. What would that be like? To be dating Gerard Way? One question I may find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bored...
~Lauren