What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 7 Dying

I rolled over in my bunk. I hardly remembered climbing into it. I hardly remembered changing into pj's. I didn't remember removing my make-up. I couldn't remember saying goodnight to Billie, Mike, and Tre.
What I did remember was being called 'beautiful' by Gerard. I remembered his giving me a hug, and swaying back and forth slightly. I remembered the feeling I got when he hugged me- warm and having tingling sensations up and down my body. I remembered the smile on his face as he said goodnight to me. I remembered his intoxicating and unique smell.
"Hahaha!" Tre's booming laughter filled my ears. I groaned and rolled out of my bunk.
"Shut up!" I muttered, rubbing my eyes. I shuffled my feet across the floor to the bathroom.
I peeled of my pj's and slowly made my way into the shower. The warm water running down my back rejuvenated me. After showering I got dressed in a Shinedown band t-shirt, regular skinny jeans, and orange converse high tops. I brushed through my hair, deciding to let it air dry today since my hair is naturally straight. I brushed my teeth and put on my daily make-up, black eyeliner. I walked out of the bathroom and to the front of the bus.
"Hi." Frank said from his seat on the couch. I raised one eyebrow.
"Hi." I replied, deciding not to question why he was here. My phone rang from the counter top and answered it.
"Heylo?" I asked since I didn't check the caller ID.
"Heyyyy!" Sky replied from the other end. She was a friend (really my only girl friend) from Phoenix, AZ. We'd known each other for four years, since I was 16.
"Hi Sky. What's up?" I asked, leaving the bus after waving good-bye to Frank.
"Nuthin. Are you anywhere near Phoenix today?"
"No. I will be in three days, though." I answered.
"You're going out with a guy today, aren't you?" Sky questioned excitedly. I blinked in surprise.
"How did you know?" I asked. I could almost see her shrug.
"You're my bff, I should know these things. Details!" She almost squealed.
"His name is Gerard Way." I started but she cut me off.
"Gerard WAY? The one in My Chemical Romance? One of the hottest guys alive? THAT Gerard Way?" She said in a shocked voice. I chuckled.
"Yes, that Gerard Way. I'm going to the movies with him today, as friends." I put the last part in in case she read to much into it.
"So he's up for grabs?" Sky asked.
"No!" I replied quickly. I don't know what made me say that. It's not like he was dating anyone at the moment.
"Suuure. You totally want to go out with him. Don't deny it; I know these things." Sky replied in a wise voice.
"Oookay. Whatever you say. Call you later, kay?" I said as I saw Gerard walk out of his bus.
"Kay." She replied ans we hung up. I casually sat down on the back bumper of GD's tour bus. Gerard saw me and came to sit next to me.
"You up for today?" He asked in his Jersey accent. It was so cute... Wait, he's my best friend, I shouldn't think that. Or should I? Urgh, answer!
"As ready as I'll ever be." I answered. He nodded.
"When do you want to leave?" Gerard questioned. I remained silent for a moment.
"Any time is good for me." I replied.
"We could leave now to do our hair, then go to the movies." He suggested. I nodded my head in agreement.
"Let me go tell the guys I'm leaving." I told him, then got up and entered the bus once again.
"Guys? I'm leaving!" I said once I saw them seated on the couch, watching some show.
"Where to?" Mike questioned. I frowned.
"To re-dye my hair and the movies." I told him.
"With?" Mike asked. I sighed.
"Gerard. Don't worry, I'll be home around ten, all right mom?" I joked. Mike frowned.
"You'd better stick to that promise. I don't like you out with strange boys." He replied, in a very serious tone. I could tell he wasn't joking.
"Gee and I are just friends." I told him, even more serious than me. He nodded then went back to watching the movie. I walked out of the bus.
"Ready?" Gerard asked. I smiled and nodded. We got into his car and he started to drive to a nearby hair parlor. We talked effortlessly throughout the drive there.
"Hello, how may I help you?" A lady asked us as we walked into the store. I could tell she knew who Gerard was, she kept looking at him with an awed look on his face. I suppressed the urge to laugh. He glanced at me with a hidden smile.
"Hello, I'd like my hair to be dyed all black. And this beautiful young lady right here would like touch ups on her highlights." He told her. Once I heard him call me 'beautiful' again, my face heated up and ducked behind a curtain of hair.
"Right this way." She motioned to Gerard. Another female hair stylist took me to a seat and started to touch up my hair.
~~~~Half An Hour Later~~~~
"You are done." The stylist said, turning off the blow dryer. I timidly turned to the mirror she supplied me with. The black in my hair was jet black now, along with the red like fire, and purple even deeper. I turned to look at Gerard's new hair, but he put his hands over my eyes.
"Your hair is fucking awesome. Okay, I haven't looked at it myself, so I want your honest opinion." He told me before removing his hands. His hair was even darker than mine. Somehow his now black hair looked slightly longer than his white. He had huge grin on his face, like a kid just got his way. His hazel eyes were slightly wide and innocent looking. I couldn't look away. Mentally shaking myself, I gave him a wide smile.
"You hair is freaking perfect, Gee. It's so dark, well, obviously. I love it!" I told him honestly. His grin got even wider, if possible.
"Thanks! Yours is so... bright, yet dark. Sounds stupid but..." He trailed off, and I laughed.
"I get it." I replied. We went up to the lady behind the counter and payed, Gerard insisting to pay for me. Next we were off to the movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teehee
~Lauren