Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

Seeing as Morgan and I got to Texas just after midday, we spent the afternoon in the backyard with his mom, Morgan catching up with her and me getting to know her. It was nice to see Morgan so at peace with himself – it’s obvious how much he loves his mom in just the way they look at each other. That evening I made a dinner of vegetable paste bake, letting the nurses have a break, and after Morgan and I had washed up he put on a movie, the three of us spending the evening just relaxing. It felt strange being in the house that Morgan had pretty much grown up in away from me, but I’m glad I’m here. I’m glad I get the chance to see what his life was like away from me and Jensen, away from Florida. I get the chance to see the place that made him into the beautiful man that he is now.

I woke up a little before Morgan the morning after we arrived. We went to bed at about 10pm, because we were both shattered, and it’s 10am now. 12 hours sleep! And although Morgan’s bed isn’t as big as our beds in Florida, that didn’t matter. We slept just fine with his head tucked into the crook of my neck, our arms wrapped around each other and our legs entwined. I watched him sleep for a little while, admiring the peaceful expression on his beautiful face, before realising I wanted him to be awake with me. What? Sue me for wanting to spend as much time with him as possible.

“Baby, wake up,” I murmured, running my fingers through his hair.

“Mm, that feels good,” Morgan mumbled, slowly opening his eyes like an adorable woodland creature, “But I know something that would feel better,”

I rolled my eyes but smiled, leaning down to press a slow kiss to his lips. Morgan made a soft sound of contentment, his body arching into mine slightly as my hands cupped his face. If I could spend the rest of my life just kissing Morgan like this, I would. But unfortunately I need oxygen.

“Morning,” I smiled, rubbing my nose against his.

“Mm morning,” Morgan said with a lazy smile.

“I can’t believe we slept so long,” I mused.

“I think we needed it, babe,” Morgan chuckled.

I laughed as well, resting my forehead against his. To be lying so intimately with someone, especially a man, especially with Morgan, is something I never thought I’d do. But I don’t regret anything I’ve done this summer. I’m glad Morgan came back to help me realise the man I really am. He’s perfect, and I don’t deserve perfection like him, but as long as he wants me, I’m not going to miss a second to savour our time together.

“Thank you, Tee,” Morgan murmured, brushing a stray curl out of my eyes.

I smiled and pecked a kiss to his lips, shrugging slightly.

“What for?” I asked.

“For giving me the chance to see my mom again. For giving me a chance to say a proper goodbye,” Morgan whispered.

Morgan isn’t one to show emotions, but I can tell he’s getting upset again already, and I don’t want that. Morgan crying is such an unnatural event that it really upsets me too, and this week is meant to be a happy one, not a sad one.

“Regardless of the fact that you’re my boyfriend, you’re my best friend too – why wouldn’t I want to see you happy?” I said warmly.

Morgan stared at me for a couple of seconds, before shaking his head, chuckling.

“You’re such a fucking cheese, you know that right?” Morgan mused.

“Eh, you love it,” I shrugged, grinning.

“Keep telling yourself that,” Morgan winked, sneaking a kiss to the corner of my jaw.

I just laughed, holding him tighter to my body. I don’t know what it is about Morgan, but I just feel so at ease. Before he came back to Florida, I knew I was losing it. That ache, that hole in my heart, was becoming a desperate problem, and I don’t know how much longer I would’ve lasted before I cracked. But Morgan saved me. He gave me back the life I once knew, and I’ll never forget that. He lets me be…me.

“Boys, breakfast!”

I broke out of my thoughts at the sound of one of the nurses’ voice outside Morgan’s bedroom door, Morgan just groaning.

“Thank you! We’re coming!” I called back, not wanting to sound rude.

“Do you have to be so polite all the time? You make me look bad,” Morgan grumbled playfully, kicking his legs over the edge of the bed so he was sitting upright.

“I can’t help being a gentleman, baby,” I smirked, getting out of his bed and walking over to my duffel bag.

I heard Morgan walking over to me and smiled as his arms wrapped around my neck.

“Gentlemen don’t beg and moan for their boyfriend’s lips to be around their cock,” Morgan whispered in my ear.

“Morgan!” I blushed, spinning around in his arms.

“Weren’t your words, fucking…suck me…off?” Morgan grinned, wriggling his eyebrows.

“I was drunk! And horny!” I defended, my cheeks still bright red with blush.

How does he do this to me so easily? I swear he gets a kick out of it. Yeah, that sounds like Morgan. Getting a kick out of embarrassing me, even if it is just the two of us.

“Well you’re horny now, I’m horny now…what’s the difference?” Morgan asked innocently, his hand trailing up my thigh.

I quickly pushed him away before his hand could reach my dick, because if he did we would have a whole load of problems like us not leaving this room for breakfast.

“Your mom and her nurses are downstairs!” I warned, keeping my hand out in front of me.

“You could’ve been quiet,” Morgan smirked.

I blushed yet again as he winked and walked over to his bag. But I smiled as I realised something. Morgan is finally in the one place he feels comfortable – at home with his mom. He’s so comfortable that I’m seeing an even more confident side of him…and I kinda like it. It’s so nice to see him finally fully relaxing, and if it comes at the price of my dignity, so be it. Not that I’d ever begrudge him anything – I would go to the moon and back if it meant Morgan was happy.

We dressed in silence, and although I caught Morgan sneaking glances, I didn’t say anything. At least he isn’t making me walk around naked like he threatened to do when I first got into his room yesterday afternoon! He slipped his hand into mine as we left his room, giving it a gentle squeeze before we walked into the kitchen. Morgan’s mom was sitting across from one of her nurses, while another was making a fresh pot of coffee. I finally understand where Morgan’s mom’s money goes – 24 hour nurses aren’t cheap, especially on top of medical bills.

“Morning mom,”
“Morning Ellie,”

Morgan’s mom beamed at us as Morgan sat down next to her and as I sat down next to the nurse. She seems to have gained a little more energy than what we saw when we video chatted, and that’s probably because Morgan’s by her side, which only makes me happier that I was able to give them this.

“Morning boys! Did you sleep well? I hope Morgan’s snoring didn’t disturb you, Tryce,” Morgan’s mom grinned, nudging her son with her thin shoulder.

“Hey! I don’t snore! Tell my mom I don’t snore!” Morgan pouted.

“Uh…hate to break it to you, babe,” I said playfully.

Morgan pouted even more, only making me, his mom and the nurses laugh. Bless him.

“Oh it’s so good to have you home! What are you boys up to today?” Morgan’s mom asked cheerfully.

“I don’t know. We don’t really have much planned,” Morgan shrugged.

“Actually…”

I paused at Morgan’s confused face. In all his excitement to get home, he’s probably forgotten about my dad’s wish for me to make Morgan’s mom’s last month or so as comfortable as we can. This is my opportunity to do it.

“There’s a few things I want to go shopping for. If that’s okay?” I said, looking between Morgan and his mom.

“Whatever you want, Tee,” Morgan nodded, smiling across the table at me.

“I’ve got to go for a hospital appointment anyway, so at least I know you won’t be bored,” Morgan’s mom said.

I noticed Morgan flinch slightly at her words, but this only made me more determined to help his mom out. If there’s anything I can possibly do, I will do it. For Morgan’s mom. For Morgan.

*

Around 4 hours later, Morgan and I arrived back to his house. Because Morgan’s mom had gone to the hospital in their minivan, I had rented a car for us to drive around in. The thing is, having experienced Morgan’s lambourgini mixed with my love for muscle cars, I ended up hiring a newly-rebuilt 1969 Ford Mustang, the most beautiful cherry red car I’ve ever seen. Morgan doesn’t believe me that 1969 was the best year for cars, but it really was! The Ford Mustang, the Dodge Charger, the Z28 Camaro, the 427 COPO Chevelle, the Pontiac GTO Judge…I could go on for a while. Anyway, despite how amazing the Mustang is, Morgan and I ended up buying a shit load more stuff than would ever fit in the trunk, so we had to rent a van too for the bigger things, which Morgan drove while I drove the Mustang. I’ll drop it back later tonight, or another day, it doesn’t really matter.

In the end, despite Morgan slightly protesting at the sheer amount of stuff and after a phone call to my dad to check everything would be okay to buy, we ended up back at Morgan’s house with a new double bed with the comfiest mattress we could find for Morgan’s mom, 4 sets of bedsheets and duvet covers, a new duvet, 4 new soft pillows, a new sofa set for the living room including two double sofas and the comfiest armchair I’ve ever sat in, new curtains for every room in the house, a new dining room table with 6 new chairs, a new rug for her bedroom and the bathroom, as well as a foot spa machine that would allow her to relax. Morgan was nearly in tears by the time we parked up outside his house because he knew how much all this would mean to his mom. But that’s why my dad wanted to do this – to make her last month or so as comfortable as possible.

While I started unpacking the rental van, Morgan rang up a guy he knew that could put up the curtains for us – because I’ve never done that before in my life and neither had Morgan – and after 15 minutes the guy showed up with 3 of his colleagues. Apparently they heard about Morgan’s mom and wanted to help too. Well, Morgan and I weren’t exactly going to turn down help, were we? Seeing as Morgan’s mom wouldn’t be back for another 2 hours at least, the 6 of us took out the old sofas, the old dining room table and chairs, and Morgan’s mom’s bed, before putting in all the new stuff and hanging up the curtains. I don’t know about Morgan, but even I was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. Absolutely exhausted. I didn’t think I would be getting a workout this week because I wasn’t going to the gym, but fuck, that was more exercise than I’d expected!

Just as we finished putting the old furniture into the back of the van, and just as the curtain guy and his friends had left, Morgan’s mom and the nurses arrived. Morgan stood nervously by my side as she slowly walked up to us, confusion written all over her face.

“Who were those boys? And why is there a rental van outside?” Morgan’s mom asked, confused.

I looked down at Morgan to see if he wanted to announce what we’d done today, but he looked on the verge of being too overwhelmed to speak. I guess it’s up to me then.

“Ma’am, before we left my dad gave me a task, and that was to make the remainder of your life as comfortable as possible. So today, Morgan and I went shopping and bought everything we could think of to fulfil that,” I told her, smiling slightly.

“W-What?” she gasped.

“My parents were such good friends of yours, and when they found out about…your illness, they wanted to do everything in their power to help. I hope you’re not offended by it all, because we didn’t do this out of pity – we did this because you’re the kindest woman we’ve ever met, and because Morgan has become such an important part of my life. You both deserve to know that you spent the last of you life in comfort,” I explained, smiling down at Morgan.

“Oh Gods. Oh Gods, Morgan is this true?” Morgan’s mom asked, tears in her eyes.

Morgan sniffed and nodded.

“The Reagan family have given us a billion times more than what the low-life who calls himself my father did,” Morgan said softly, squeezing my hand.

Morgan’s mom lurched forward, making me panic for a second, but then she wrapped her arms around me as tightly as she could, which wasn’t actually that tight at all. I felt tears pricking at my own eyes as she started sobbing and lightly wrapped my arms around her in return. Morgan joined us in the hug, resting his forehead against his mom’s, quiet sobs slipping from his lips too. Even the nurses were crying.

“Thank you. Thank you so much. I don’t know how I’m ever going to repay you,” Morgan’s mom said as she tried to compose herself a little while later.

I just shook my head. That’s not what this is about at all.

“You gave me Morgan. I wish I could give you more in return,” I said warmly.

Morgan’s mom chuckled weakly, wiping her cheeks dry as she let me go.

“You are the best man I could ever have imagined for my son,” Morgan’s mom said softly, smiling up at me.

I just smiled back and pressed a kiss to the side of Morgan’s head before letting him go too.

“Morgie, why don’t you show your mom everything new? I need to do something,” I told him.

Morgan frowned at me, not understanding, but took his mom’s hand and went inside the house anyway, leaving me outside with the nurses. The two of them raised their eyebrows at me, not understanding what I was doing either.

“Who do I get in contact with to pay off Ellie’s medical bills?” I asked quietly, just in case Morgan and his mom could hear.

The nurses gasped. What?

“Tryce, that’s a lot of money,” one nurse said hesitantly.

“As nice as the gesture is,” the other nurse added.

I just slipped my dad’s platinum credit card out of my pocket, making their eyebrows shoot up. I’m not showing off, that’s not the type of person I am, nor will I ever be. I just need to show them that I’m serious.

“My parents make a lot of money. We’re not as disgustingly rich as Morgan’s dad, but we do have a lot of money. More than enough to cover the medical bills that Ellie’s accumulated. I know Morgan and his mom worry about the debt she’s in because of this, even if they don’t talk about it. I just really want to help,” I told them.

“This is the most selfless act I’ve ever seen in my whole career,” one nurse said softly.

“My parents are good people,” I said honestly.

Even if my mom is a stinking homophobe.

“I’ll get in contact with our supervisor today. He can arrange for a financial co-ordinator to come round, and then you can sort everything out with them then,”

“Ellie and Morgan are lucky to have you in their lives,”

“I’m lucky to have them,” I replied, smiling shyly.

I’m not lying, I truly believe this. Morgan has turned my life around, and it’s because of the pureness of his mom’s heart that he is the way he is. Without him I would be empty, so I’m going to do everything I can to show him how much he means to me. This week is already turning out to be amazing, even if we’re only on our first full day here. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the week brings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty dramatic stuff, eh?

I don't have much else to write, so I'm going to pimp out my brother's band instead. They're called Nothing But Thieves, and so far have a cover of Born This Way by Lady Gaga on their youtube page, as well as a song on myspace called Falling which you can listen to for free - so please check both out for me!

Comments = love!

xo